Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

SNAFU -

What do you mean by Environment types ?

Unfortunatly I'm not that versed in the FMB stuff. I thought any static planes, trucks, tanks, etc added to a mission were listed under the [Stationary] section of the .mis file.

AI objects are listed under the [Chief] sections.

Other building objects are under [Buildings] which would be great if we had a way to identify those being destroyed. That was always a problem with IL2 is you can create a factory complex, but had to place cars/static objects inside to register when they were destroyed.

Can you post an example of a .mis file with the environment types ?

Wildwillie
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

With "Enviromental" Types I mean all objects listed in FMB under "Enviroment" (?not sure if thats is the right designation in the english installation, I have the german one installed). For excample this object:

Static274 Stationary.Bf-109E-1 de 280631.88 212409.64 3665.00
or this
Static278 Stationary.Renault_UE_Track_CargoSet2 gb 245508.16 233959.69 -120.00

Is not recognized with OnActorDestroyed of course, because it is no actor. Artillery-Objects in FMB as:

Static258 Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone gb 88914.33 195537.75 75.00 /timeout 0/radius_hide 0

are Actors and are therefore recognized - that was what I tried to say.

Last edited by SNAFU; 11-16-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

They must be another form of Actor that we have not identified yet.

Right now I know of 2 types of Actors

Actor as AiAircraft
Actor as AiGroundActor

There must be others or else I would not be receiving the "Not Destroyed" errors after loading a new mission.

I think another one is something like AiHuman, but not positive. (Saw some errors in the console that leads me to believe that. Unfortunatly the file was deleted before I could process it)

Code:
NOT Destroyed actor: e40nRumWubHfA3gPCiI.h7LahLmVcZuiZk94t4i
WildWillie
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
They must be another form of Actor that we have not identified yet.

Right now I know of 2 types of Actors

Actor as AiAircraft
Actor as AiGroundActor

There must be others or else I would not be receiving the "Not Destroyed" errors after loading a new mission.

I think another one is something like AiHuman, but not positive. (Saw some errors in the console that leads me to believe that. Unfortunatly the file was deleted before I could process it)

Code:
NOT Destroyed actor: e40nRumWubHfA3gPCiI.h7LahLmVcZuiZk94t4i
WildWillie
Ataros will have to chime in here, but I thought someone on the Russian forums had admitted that some of the destroy components (or components to get rid of all types of objects) simply haven't been added yet - as if it's missing.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 11-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

I think NOT Destroyed actor is some sort of a bug. I do not know what kind of objects are causing it.

It is not possible to track any Static objects besides artillery yet. (It was not possible for artillery several months ago either.) Probably this is made to reduce hardware load but will be changed in the future. Till then we have to use objects other then Statics if we want remove them or track by stats. Statics can be used for decoration only which is their initial purpose in the game I think.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The questions I have is how should these be scored ? In IL2 you got 100 pts/per engine for an aircraft shotdown. 30 pts for destroying a ground car, 60 pts for a tank, etc And if you died you only got 10% of those points. If you bailed out you got 20 or 50% of those points. I do not see Clod or Steam tracking points so the question is should we keep the same point scheme as IL2 ?
G'day Willie, I'd go with a custom points file (perhaps csv or txt). This would allow easier expansion into the future as more COD objects are developed. I'm happy to start with an IL2-like points system. Point scoring will no doubt be a feature that develops over time.

Quote:
How to tabulate who wins a mission ?
This is a tough one, as not al the features of COD are yet turned on or mature enough to be error-free. Triggers might be the way to go initially, but hey, what would I know.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
I think NOT Destroyed actor is some sort of a bug. I do not know what kind of objects are causing it.

It is not possible to track any Static objects besides artillery yet. (It was not possible for artillery several months ago either.) Probably this is made to reduce hardware load but will be changed in the future. Till then we have to use objects other then Statics if we want remove them or track by stats. Statics can be used for decoration only which is their initial purpose in the game I think.
We should be able to do it similar to 1946 where we put trucks inside factories, so the bomber pilot gets points for the trucks when the factory explodes.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
We should be able to do it similar to 1946 where we put trucks inside factories, so the bomber pilot gets points for the trucks when the factory explodes.
I think it can be done with AT guns now.

ps. Anyway it is possible to place them outside at corners of the buildings.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

OK I've done some more testing and you guys are correct.

Most of the objects cannot be tracked in stats yet because they do not trigger the OnActorDead/OnActorDamaged methods. That really puts a damper on objective based missions unless it is shipping based.

Also only adding Artillery to buildings will you get anything about them being destroyed.

Do we know with what patch the other ground objects will be fully functional.

I would like to have all Stationary objects be able to report as dead when destoryed by another objects.

Next is clearing up the Not Actor Destroyed errors when loading a new mission.

RAF238thWildWillie
Old 11-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

There are ground objects other than artillery that can be tracked like tanks, cars and other non-static objects. The purpose of static objects is to reduce processor load. That is why no complex code is associated with them I think.

If performance is not an issue and we want to track the objects we can use non-static objects instead in our missions. It is a mission-maker preference I think.

The devs are aware that we need to track statics in stat somehow.