Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the comments guys. We have many more things on the drawing board we plan to introduce after testing.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a map vote? It would be an option to rotate the mission if a certain percentage of players didn't like the current mission. Any ideas on what percentage of people would have to vote to get the change? Or is this not really needed?

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

oh no, I'm certain that Night-Bombing-London missions will always be voted down by the fighter guys! So, rather not imo
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. We have many more things on the drawing board we plan to introduce after testing.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a map vote? It would be an option to rotate the mission if a certain percentage of players didn't like the current mission. Any ideas on what percentage of people would have to vote to get the change? Or is this not really needed?

I don't think we need a voting system, it's bound to lead to bad feeling, but one of our guys was unhapppy with missions lasting 6 hours. This was partly due to wanting to try the new CH radar map and it didn't rotate for several hours. So, tying all these things together it would be nice if the CH radar could be ported into all of your maps as it might encourage more objective-based gameplay and make the missions rotate more quickly. If guys want rotation it might encourage them to go after the objectives in a very focussed way.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There are a few missions with varying differences in wind though. But your problem sounds like it was control related.
I assumed the wind info was broken. I asked GC about take off conditions at Kenley and it told me the wind was at 30 and seemed to suggest I use runway 240. There is no runway 24 at Kenley

Perhaps I misunderstood and it was telling me that the wind was at 240 and to use runway 30 which would make more sense. OTOH I am sure it gave me exactly the same instructions at Lympne or Hawkinge and they both have a runway 23
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Hi folks,
we are regular y flying a week on your server.
I read custom skin download is activated now, is that correct? Cause I wasnt able to confirm that. Do i have to change also sth to my conf? I guess i havent to.

The past months performance on your server was acceptable without serious problems.
But since (maybe) the beginning of november, we suffer on performance probs and regular warps.
Has there been sth changed that could cause that?

Thx again for your server.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephris View Post
Hi folks,
we are regular y flying a week on your server.
I read custom skin download is activated now, is that correct? Cause I wasnt able to confirm that. Do i have to change also sth to my conf? I guess i havent to.

The past months performance on your server was acceptable without serious problems.
But since (maybe) the beginning of november, we suffer on performance probs and regular warps.
Has there been sth changed that could cause that?

Thx again for your server.
Hi Nephris,

We are currently testing some custom skins incorporated into the server. We have limited the allowed skins to those that came with the sim + a few select others. Anyone using any other skins will only be loaded a default skin. The config for the server still has skins turned off etc.

The problem we've found is regardless if you have the skin or not (even the one's that came with the game) the way the code works is every single player has to download that skin every time your game is restarted. So if someone hasn't downloaded that particular skins (even one's that came with the game) the client is forced to upload that skin to the server and to everyone else for distribution. The kicker is once this is done you'll never have to do it again. So playing for only an hour may cause some freezes because of this process until all the allowed skins have been transmitted. But after that you shouldn't have any problems. It doesn't seem to matter if skins are saved in your cache from the previous session. As this process is seen time and time again (upon a new game session).

A final solution maybe to modify the code so these skins are hard coded and use skin packs. But we are still in the testing phase of it all. Judging by how the skin downloads / custom skins actually work, ATAG's idea of limiting them to a small amount way very well be futile. Time for a mod pack

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Just to add...
The skins should give you some stutters when first loading and not the warping you are describing.

Warping is due to network packets not reaching the other side (packet loss) or not reaching in time (ping times) but it could be the other player's problem and not yours.

In other words, if player A has internet connection issues with the server, player A will see every plane warping. On the other hand, player A will appear as warping for every one else.

Hope this explains.

ATAG_Colander.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
Just to add...
The skins should give you some stutters when first loading and not the warping you are describing.

Warping is due to network packets not reaching the other side (packet loss) or not reaching in time (ping times) but it could be the other player's problem and not yours.

In other words, if player A has internet connection issues with the server, player A will see every plane warping. On the other hand, player A will appear as warping for every one else.

Hope this explains.

ATAG_Colander.
This is true, but a skin freeze that lowers a player's FPS to 0 or close to it also affects netcode even if only for a split second. FPS and netcode are very closely related. Another lovely game problem.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Thx for your detailed explanations!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I think map-voting would be a useful addition. Something similar to what we had in the L2-1946 server commanders would be OK. From memory this was a simple majority.

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE