Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Hello Delta-64, thanks for the review. I've got 20+ years of flying experience, but all of it is civillian and all of it is fixed wing, and I've been kinda wondering what someone with your background would think of Apache Air Assault. I still know several friends who fly military choppers, but none of them play video games LoL.

For what it's worth I would give this game an 8.5 out of 10 (BoP gets a 9). Many of the campaign missions take on a sort of "kill 100 of the enemy before time runs out" character which is unfortunate but probably unavoidable. The cockpits are nice, but my favorite is realistic difficulty and plain HUD view without any cockpit clutter to spoil the fun. Why look inside the cockpit when it's clear and a million outside? It's nice that this game offers some choice as to how you play, and for the most part I've been enjoying it immensely.

Stay safe Delta-64, you've chosen a dangerous line of work.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Another review trickles in...

Gamespot (7.5)
Gamespot - Apache: Air Assault

Was working though the Squad Ops section online last night. Any sensible players on PSN fancy a flight then feel free to add me!

PSN: tbtstt82
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Finally, today I got hold of a copy !

The guy in the mall was in the process of opening the delivery and putting them into the shelf when I arrived

I cant wait to go into the full campaign tonight. I will post some opinions later.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Got a copy too from an UK store!
looking forward to play it
Old 11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Still waiting for my pre ordered copy from play.com here

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 11-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Had a quick couple of online sessions around midnight after remapping of my custom BOP HOTAS. Its a pity that buttons cannot be remapped in the game. It would have been much easier than swinging the solder iron and pliers

I must say that the game really shines online. It was smooth and stutter free without any hickups. I have to extend my mic-cable to reach the controller. Game speech seemed to work fine, and added a lot to the team athmosphere.

See you online !
Old 11-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

If anyone in uk wants it on xbox CEX has if for £20. Not bad considering it's £40 at Game and Gamestation. If they had PS3 version I would be down there tomorrow
http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917089480

Edit: I wouldn't be there tomorrow as it's only instock in Huddersfield and London! 1 copy in stock online though

Last edited by dkwookie; 11-25-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
That bites I thought pre-order meant you got the game first?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
If anyone in uk wants it on xbox CEX has if for £20. Not bad considering it's £40 at Game and Gamestation. If they had PS3 version I would be down there tomorrow
http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917089480

Edit: I wouldn't be there tomorrow as it's only instock in Huddersfield and London! 1 copy in stock online though
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
That bites I thought pre-order meant you got the game first?
Guys, the game is great graphically, gameplay. A few "little" things make it a bit silly at parts, but on the whole a great game!!

BUT

i'd foget your pre orders for a while at least, save your money. As good as this game is, the sound bug just ruins it. Plain and simple. Its a shame because that aside it would be superb. Anton knows of it and is in the process of sorting a patch out, but we all know from experience what the publishers can be like. Hopefully activision will get it sorted.

In the mean time i'd save your cash and wait for the patch by then it may of come down in price to.

Win win!!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

I have never seen this sound bug...but im still going to wait on this game. I want to see if any fancy DLC comes out.