Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
The spit MK1a 100oct and Spit Mk 2a start correctly...
Yes and no... it depends on the time of day on the server. Starting on the ATAG mission where it's just before dawn you'll still find yourself spamming the ignition key for a while before the engine will start up (on the 1a 100 Oct at least - not tried the 2a). As time on the server progresses to later in the day, when presumably the temperature of the environment warms from the Sun's glow, it becomes possible to start the engine in one go.

However, there is still a lengthy wait upon ignition before the engine warms up sufficiently to taxi and takeoff in the Spitfire compared with the 109 atm. It's not a major problem, more a small pain when you're trying to get airborne before vultures arrive or for example in a multiplayer campaign, where being able to scramble and get to altitude in time is of paramount importance.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, it's not a major problem like we have with the Hurricanes but if it could be fixed while preserving the newly fixed Spitfire FMs that'd be great. If it's a choice between a warm engine start but nerfed FMs/engine overheating problems (like the last patch), or what we have now, I'll happily take what we've got in this patch.

Last edited by Bounder!; 10-02-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Make airstarts for now on ATAG, the worst thing with the Hurricane now is that it absolutely sucks at turning.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
How can i start my Hurricane, ACE-OF-ACES?!?!?!

Not sure what your point is..

Is this question in regards to me pointing out how short the list of 'broken promiseses" is?

Assuming that is the case, you should know that no one (that I know of ) considers the the engine starting issue a "broken promises", it is just a bug.

Hope that helps! S!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Assuming that is the case, you should know that no one (that I know of ) considers the the engine starting issue a "broken promises", it is just a bug.

Hope that helps! S!

Nope not a broken promise....just incompetence by the devs!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
You poor thing..

I know it can be upsetting at times, not being able to get things to work on the first try..

But here is some additional info that might help you out..

From the patch notes..

That and you might want to 'read' JG52Uther re-post of what Farber had to say wrt starting the engines..

Where you can see 'some' people got the engines to start because they had the patience to try a few things before posting here that it was a bug

Good Luck!
That's the reason i asked you how can i start the Hurricane engine...

You are really amazing!

Now, please, go back to your cave...
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobnaf View Post
Great patch. Love the realistic start up procedures for the planes now. Good work, dev team.
boy your a freakin hero!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Nope not a broken promise....
Glad you agree with me! S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
just incompetence by the devs!
Incompetence?

You don't write software for a living or pleasure do you?

May I suggest that you goggle software bug and do a little reading on the subject?

After which you hopefully realize that most if not all software has bugs at one point or another, even reoccurring one, and thus not an indication incompetence and just the nature of the work.

Quote:
This topic is about this HUGE bug.
Actually that is not true..

Granted the title is a little misleading, but read the OP and take note that he brought up several issues beyond the starting issue, i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
Also, key map is changed for full rich and full lean. They don't work!!

Maybe it's me but I don't think so.
As you can see the OP also brought a mixture lever issue

Quote:
You jump into it and start your agenda.
Agenda?

Actually that is not true..

As you can see from my first post (jump in point) I was discussing the mixture lever issue that the OP brought up..

Where I pointed out the post by luither made note of the mixture lever being fixed, which resulted in it being reversed from previous version

Quote:
I just want to start the Hurricane or a quick fix for this GIANT bug!

Just that.
We all want different things!

Me, I just wanted help the OP out by pointing out that luither made note of the mixture lever being reversed in that at that time it was clear he didn't realize that and that it may have something to do with him not being able to start the engine

Quote:
You can go back to your cave now.
Cave?

Sorry you lost me there
Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's the reason i asked you how can i start the Hurricane engine...

You are really amazing!

Now, please, go back to your cave...
Ace is still in backpedal mode since he was telling the OP that it wasn't a bug and he just wasn't trying hard enough. Now he's on this "broken promise" crusade to help mask the fact that he put his foot in his mouth...again.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

It is rather amusing isn't , really quite pathetic. But guys please don't quote him I have him on ignore for a reason.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
But guys please don't quote him
No worries about that Krupi!

Because they know if they quoted me it would show that I was initally talking about the mixture levers and not the engine starting.. It was not until my next post that I pointed out (quoted) Uthers re-post that some folks were able to start the engines online.. Which would also make it clear that at no time did I say this was not a bug.

PS I know you don't have me on ignore, due to the fact that every so often you reply to my posts, so, you only make yourself look silly trying to pretend you have me on ignore!