Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Oleg is a little to blame here, because he promised up-dates like the old days, every week or two. But I know that things change, and sh/t happens.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Approved Member

Understood slipball, and I wish info would be made available too.... but the nelly neighbobs of negativism were running the roost again.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Oleg is a little to blame here, because he promised up-dates like the old days, every week or two. But I know that things change, and sh/t happens.

I don't blame Oleg, as I'm sure he has always done his best.

Development must have been going okay up until about 18 months or so ago when OM made the official announcement of being in a position to provide regular updates again (SiMHQ carried a sticky of this for about a year). After that, things became very quiet indeed. As much as I don't want to admit it, for fear it may be true; it really does seem like after this point, some unforseen event has pushed the development schedule far back again.

Somewhere following Oleg's statement that SoW "has to be " released in 2007 (see his video interview with MysticPuma) and the recent interview where he says work didn't begin in earnest until 1946 was released, there is that grey area where SoW's development history to date seems to have been rewritten.

I hope one day Oleg will write his tell-all autobiograhy and say what really happened. I would sure make for one Hell of a read!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Maybe Oleg and the development team have a bet on the date that the 1000th "Where is the Update?" thread will be posted!

Hopefully they will split the pool with the person that makes the post!

Hmmm! Time to start a new thread!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Tree_UK

Yes, can we all please stop asking where the promised updates/websites are, we should all learn not to chase any news that is posted here because it only distracts Oleg from his work.
Everyone should learn to trust Oleg without question, and if he says work on SOW started in 2007 then it clearly did, anything before 2007 was clearly implanted in our brains by Aliens. Now lets start a new thread we could call it 'The Oleg Maddox Room' and use it for asking questions about updates and websites and stuff.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 04-04-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Just for the record, I'm not interested in updates. SoW is still so far off that I find them irrelevant. I agree that they should save their energy and keep at it. I can do without another brace of blue-screen wip images taken from their object viewer.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Let's look at the first post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
Here you can ask your questions addressed to Oleg and share your thoughts about the game. But, please, behave decently and don't deluge Oleg with senseless all the same questions, read the messages before posting. Oleg is very busy person, be ready for waiting for answers a bit.
Thank you in advance.
Maybe after 186 pages this thread has become too large to follow the request "read the messages before posting". Maybe it's time for some dedicated person to make a summary of the questions asked (and any answers given) and restart the thread.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 04-05-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

Hmm, I was at a CRM conference last week. As always - there where discussions about identifying "who is your customer?". Another one was "Open books - share information with your customers".

How's it going 1C?

/Mazex
Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Hmm, I was at a CRM conference last week. As always - there where discussions about identifying "who is your customer?". Another one was "Open books - share information with your customers".

How's it going 1C?

/Mazex

LoL....Right on cue!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I don't blame Oleg, as I'm sure he has always done his best.

Development must have been going okay up until about 18 months or so ago when OM made the official announcement of being in a position to provide regular updates again (SiMHQ carried a sticky of this for about a year). After that, things became very quiet indeed. As much as I don't want to admit it, for fear it may be true; it really does seem like after this point, some unforseen event has pushed the development schedule far back again.

Somewhere following Oleg's statement that SoW "has to be " released in 2007 (see his video interview with MysticPuma) and the recent interview where he says work didn't begin in earnest until 1946 was released, there is that grey area where SoW's development history to date seems to have been rewritten.

I hope one day Oleg will write his tell-all autobiograhy and say what really happened. I would sure make for one Hell of a read!
100% Agree, I wonder if that something was 'BOP'? I know we have been told that OM and team had no involvement with it but with the recent nonsense we have been fed its difficult to know what to believe!
Closed Thread