Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Server Updates

Ok fellas - Some new cool features:

We are running our 1st server plugin. Many have probably noticed the welcome screen when they join the server, but more importantly you now have the ability to track what damage to the component level that has been done to your plane / enemy's plane / objects etc., from in game.

How this works: Once spawned in a plane, hit escape and you'll be taken to a special stats screen (should be self explanatory from there). But just remember, this only works and keeps track for the plane you are flying. If you leave your plane or are killed in action you will not get this function. So try to do a nice full sortie, make it back alive, and hit escape to get your after action report.

Here's an example of some stuff you will see as a 109 pilot:

Quote:
***** Damage Caused *****

Plane: SpitfireMkIa_oct
---- Inflicted:
Electrical generator damaged
Engine damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIa
---- Inflicted:
Engine damage
Emergency hydraulics failure
Flaps failure
Engine oil cooling/lubrication damage
Engine water cooling damage
Hydraulics tank perforated
Pneumatics compressor failure
Pneumatics hose perforated
Engine disabled
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine water cooling damage
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine damage
Engine damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIIa
---- Inflicted:
Engine damage
Engine damage
Electrical battery damaged
Engine damage
Cockpit damage
Cockpit damage

Plane: SpitfireMkIa
---- Parts cut off:
Miscellaneous part

***** Your plane has these damages: *****

***** Your plane is missing these parts: *****
Feature #2 - You no longer will be despawned after you land. This means you can land, shut off the engine, go get a beer/take a leak, and come back to restart your plane and take off again. Your plane will only despawn after you, as a player, has left it.

Kinda hard to have Refuel and Rearm when your plane despawns on the ground. Here's a teaser video of the R&R and the effect of having our old despawn : http://vimeo.com/48832383

A big thank you to Colander for all his amazing work.

Hopefully R&R is right around the corner.

Enjoy!

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 10-13-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Forgot to mention. Stats were reset as well. This new patch should make it pretty interesting. Loving how much closer the fight is.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post

We are running our 1st server plugin. Many have probably noticed the welcome screen when they join the server, but more importantly you now have the ability to track what damage to the component level that has been done to your plane / enemy's plane / objects etc., from in game.

How this works: Once spawned in a plane, hit escape and you'll be taken to a special stats screen (should be self explanatory from there). But just remember, this only works and keeps track for the plane you are flying. If you leave your plane or are killed in action you will not get this function. So try to do a nice full sortie, make it back alive, and hit escape to get your after action report.

Feature #2 - You no longer will be despawned after you land. This means you can land, shut off the engine, go get a beer/take a leak, and come back to restart your plane and take off again. Your plane will only despawn after you, as a player, has left it.

Kinda hard to have Refuel and Rearm when your plane despawns on the ground. Here's a teaser video of the R&R and the effect of having our old despawn : http://vimeo.com/48832383

Enjoy!
R&R? Great news. Bring it on!

Meantime we just need to enforce "CLEAR THE RUNWAY!"

ermmmm, did I miss something in that video? A film showing what happens now, a dark silent stretch then a dark stretch with more BoB music?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Default Planeset request

Now that the allied planes have been boosted i think its nothingbut fair to at least give the germans the E4 on all maps. Co E everything the 109s can do is hope for the first hit and then run. So be fair and give us the E4 on all maps.

Winger
Old 10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post

ermmmm, did I miss something in that video? A film showing what happens now, a dark silent stretch then a dark stretch with more BoB music?
Heh, Bliss grabbed a video I had made a month back or so when Colander and a few of us were doing the initial tests. There was a glitch which Colander very quickly resolved when our aircraft were suddenly despawned as we were getting refueled and rearmed. I had made this video in a humorous vein (hence the BoB music) to demonstrate the sudden despawn. Actually, Colander had fixed this before I could upload the video.

This video shows how a fuel bowser appears beside your aircraft if you opt to refuel and rearm. Also, at the time you had to have at least ONE bullet left for rearming to work. If you go "winchester", you're outta luck. That's my reference to the red "residual" tracer early in the video. Sorry for the long black sequence at the end -- my bad editing in my rush to upload at the ime.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; 10-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Now that the allied planes have been boosted i think its nothingbut fair to at least give the germans the E4 on all maps. Co E everything the 109s can do is hope for the first hit and then run. So be fair and give us the E4 on all maps.

Winger
What? You want to bend history by giving out planes that weren't there? There were only about 30% E4's so lump it mate. I don't remember you supporting the RAF about which planes were in the map. No, just fly better, don't get caught low and slow, stay high and fast, remember - it's the pilot not the plane.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post

Enjoy!
very cool feature mate...
Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post

Yeah - that's why I said it was before the change in the way we despawn aircraft. It obviously didn't work out to well with the old despawn method

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
What? You want to bend history by giving out planes that weren't there? There were only about 30% E4's so lump it mate. I don't remember you supporting the RAF about which planes were in the map. No, just fly better, don't get caught low and slow, stay high and fast, remember - it's the pilot not the plane.
I read that the E-4 was the most flown 109 in BOB. E-1 and E-3 Models have even been refitted to gain E-4 Standard.
On allied side is the only plane that wasnt present in significant numbers during BOB. The spitfire IIa. So dude...

Winger

PS:And even if youre right. "only 30%" are you serious?
PPS: And please dont start with this its the pilot junk. If youre name was Manfred von Richthofen, H. J. Marseille or E. Hartman i would CONSIDER taking advices. But "Osprey" ... Sorry *grin*
PPPS: Oh and at this point a big thanks to the ATAG fellows for this great server. Having loads of fun there

Last edited by Winger; 10-14-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Great stuff on ATAG, I am looking forward to test that. And RnR coming? Whoooa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I read that the E-4 was the most flown 109 in BOB. E-1 and E-3 Models have even been refitted to gain E-4 Standard.
On allied side is the only plane that wasnt present in significant numbers during BOB. The spitfire IIa. So dude...

Winger
Emil subvariants mixture depends on the exact date (month) the mission is taking place.