Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Many thanks Luthier and team, many happy hours with CloD, all the best for the future.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up All the very best Ilya

Sorry to hear you are moving on Ilya - you gave COD your best shot under difficult circumstances and it is still one of the best flight sims on the market. I am just puting the finishing touches on two COD campaigns using all the new tools you switched on in the last patch - its looking great.
Hope to see you with both a Korean Air War and Vietnam Air War flight sim in the near future or out there somewhere doing what you really like - flight simming.
DFLion
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Sorry that it didn't work out for you, Luthier. Sad day for all of us.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Is there a way that we could help you to buyout the sourcecode to finish the job Luthier?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for everything luthier, i grew up whit this sim ,started to play whit 10 years, now i am an adult and keep the game like one of the best experiences ever, thanks for all and for sharing your great work, good luck, you will suceed in other projects like always you do

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrnacty View Post
Is there a way that we could help you to buyout the sourcecode to finish the job Luthier?
Sounds like a nice idea but something tells me Luthier is probably strangely relieved to see the back of it.

If he is reading this at all I can imagine him smiling through gritted teeth thinking "Please don't let anyone else think this is a good idea.... please...."
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Whilst tackling the deeper issues would I imagine see Luthier or anyone there dropping the idea now like a hot potatoe, I would hope, pray and like to think that it is possible for someone there to revisit it, in their spare time if such is allowed, and just make some minor mods, as skinners can amend artwork.

Simple things I have hoped for, as have others, like removing the errors in the Spit cockpit, and having correct looking Spitfires in all the screenshots I see, correcting the spinner on the Mk1a, its only a fault in the allocation process , it chooses the Mk2 spinner, easy to fix if access to code is there, but its beyond us. A BoB sim has to have Mk1 spits visible so fix this if nothing else.

It would not cause harm to anyone to do so, if Clod was a passion, I just hope that some of it still resides in someone's heart and that they read this. The things I hope for, having read that the latest patch makes functionality a lot better, are the once less important things, but for me and others they matter, fuel gauges for both tanks, single tier rudders, large time of trip clock, two fuel cocks, one starter button, an ammeter, landing Lamp raise lower lever and control arm and on/off switch and so on, aluminium seat with flare rack (maybe a skinner job). Such are important to the correct look of the Mk1 office and flying of the Mk1. I would also like the Chain Home towers corrected in shape and add the missing platforms as well as correct the MG15 gunsights for the gunner positions flying option. Things that I would imagine and hope are relatively easy and fixable but add a marked accuracy to important features.

Could someone in the former CloD team take up the reigns on such relatively easy fixes ?

BOBC

Last edited by BOBC; 01-01-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrnacty View Post
Luthier doesn't own the rights / code to CloD. You need to write to 1C corporate, email address is on their main page.

Don't bother unless you have a few hundred thousand to offer.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Default sorry to see you go

Luthier, the IL2 series has given me much pleasure too ive bought and download all the releases , claimed CLOD first day on steam , shame its come to this ,your be sadly missed ....i hope you take your talent to new levels of flight sims , combat ...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
Sorry to hear you are moving on Ilya - you gave COD your best shot under difficult circumstances and it is still one of the best flight sims on the market. I am just puting the finishing touches on two COD campaigns using all the new tools you switched on in the last patch - its looking great.
Hope to see you with both a Korean Air War and Vietnam Air War flight sim in the near future or out there somewhere doing what you really like - flight simming.
DFLion
yea now that would be good ...
Closed Thread