Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil Maximus View Post
Germany was treated so badly after WW1 cos guess what they started a war that virtually destroyed Europe, and add to it they displayed many times (like in WW2) tutonic brutality towards anyone civilians included.

Germany Bombed London by mistake when a He111 got lost. The RAF retailiated and bombed Berlin. Georing being the hot head that he was retaliated with mass raids on London. Thus starting the Blitz of London.

So what if you have rouge states that do bad things, is that the excuse to start world war 2 and destory Millions of lives including Germans?
your WWI history seems to be a "little" bit hazy at least.. WWII one too, for one claiming he knows and understands WWII warfare..

RAF bomber command started bombing german cities way before battle of britain or london's blitz.. and in your vision, the berlin bombing night raid was a proper response justified by the criminal action of the lost ju88 who dropped his bombs to escape some british fighters' attack (it was a ju88 actually commanded by commanded by major Rudolf Hallensleben, not a he111; and it was the infuriated Hitler the one ordering Luftwaffe to start bombing London and british civilian targets, not Goering).. interesting..

"RAF Bomber Command's policy in particular would attempt to achieve victory through the destruction of civilian will, communications and industry.. Contrary to popular belief, the Luftwaffe did not have a systematic policy of what became known as "terror bombing". Evidence suggests that not until 1942 did the Luftwaffe adopt an official bombing policy in which civilians became the primary target." wiki quote..

read here.. The Blitz..

Last edited by adonys; 09-26-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

A Short developement update about Gameplay:

Dimitri was hard working on the new ingame style. Christian made Ranks and Medals (very good looking!) close to ready, but WIP yet. In between the next two weeks the Database with the Gaming System will be implemented to the Desastersoft Add On Structure. Planed is, that for every option in the difficulty settings, that will be diabled, you have to do 25% more work to get medals or promotion. The Gameplay is based on "Dead is Dead" anyway. Be sure, POW and MIA is also implemented .

Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Wow, I guess I'll wait for that and the CloD patch before starting the Wick campaign. That campaign system is what I had expected to be included in the initial release of CloD. And now a third party delivers. Thank you guys!

Suggestion: make the Dead is Dead feature an option, when starting the campaign. Which difficulty settings affect the work load? As the clouds eat up much resources, I wouldn't like to have this counting too.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

any word regarding the english version, please?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

English translation is still WIP, we have many Briefings, in Game Text and Handbook to translate, this need some time, sorry
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

a question then..

can you ask if you can offer the holders of the german version of this addon a free access to the future-to-be-ready english translation, please?

because it means one can play with the german one until the english one is ready, without having to pay twice for it..
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
a question then..

can you ask if you can offer the holders of the german version of this addon a free access to the future-to-be-ready english translation, please?

because it means one can play with the german one until the english one is ready, without having to pay twice for it..

no, the english version is separate, so no english update for german version.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

I have it since two days after the official release and it is a good quality raf Campaigns Idid not try the German ones the only critic I have it is all in German but I did know it when I did buy it! Othershise there are regulare updates and no big problems in the in game scenarios. I like it.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
I have it since two days after the official release and it is a good quality raf Campaigns Idid not try the German ones the only critic I have it is all in German but I did know it when I did buy it! Othershise there are regulare updates and no big problems in the in game scenarios. I like it.
Thanks for that, Senseispcc. I'll have to keep checking this forum and SimHQ for some of your excellent screenshots in this Campaign!

I plan to order the English version when released. Hopefully there'll be a downloadable version!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
your WWI history seems to be a "little" bit hazy at least.. WWII one too, for one claiming he knows and understands WWII warfare..

RAF bomber command started bombing german cities way before battle of britain or london's blitz.. and in your vision, the berlin bombing night raid was a proper response justified by the criminal action of the lost ju88 who dropped his bombs to escape some british fighters' attack (it was a ju88 actually commanded by commanded by major Rudolf Hallensleben, not a he111; and it was the infuriated Hitler the one ordering Luftwaffe to start bombing London and british civilian targets, not Goering).. interesting..

"RAF Bomber Command's policy in particular would attempt to achieve victory through the destruction of civilian will, communications and industry.. Contrary to popular belief, the Luftwaffe did not have a systematic policy of what became known as "terror bombing". Evidence suggests that not until 1942 did the Luftwaffe adopt an official bombing policy in which civilians became the primary target." wiki quote..

read here.. The Blitz..

While I'm with you on the WWII business, I think Gerbil's assessment of WWI isn't incorrect. Germany was indeed suffering after WWI -- everyone was, but they the worst (due to reparations, immense limitations, and Europe's effect of America's Great Depression). Also, it's well documented that in both world wars there was a difference in military thinking between the Brits, French, Americans, Germans, Japanese, Italians, everyone. The Germans consistently displayed their fondness for strict discipline, complete hierarchical command, and tactical coolness (meaning that if this bad thing needed to be done in order to allow this good thing to happen, so bet it).

I'm not saying that there isn't any cross pollination between the thinking of any of the involved nations, I'm also not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying the guy wasn't all that far off.

As for the stray Heinkel, yeah, I'm with you on that. Not how the capital city bombing campaigns started.

EDIT: I'm also coming in late to this post, so don't take this as me trying to rile anyone up, honestly. I also don't know if Gerbil was listing those reasons as "why WWII started". Oh God, please don't flame me.

Last edited by Mr Greezy; 09-28-2011 at 04:17 PM.