Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

when we say scan the map...for me i am CONSTANTLY (every few seconds ) slapping that button. seeing where the bandits are and going from there. DONT sluff off ( a red dot ) or let any one spawn behind you if you can help it. the 10 red spots in front of you are less of a threat than the one "harmless" one behind you. i am not one of the top top notch players...i have been playing this almost a year and still am learning....thank God the bullets arent real or my momma would be shedding a lot of tears and i would be staring at the roots of daises.....

if you can hook up with a buddy who will let you fly around and get your sim legs so to speak ( play follow the leader to see if you can keep them in visual...get a shot on them etc.) that would be great. anyone on xbox i am willing to share what little i know.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 03-17-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Default you have me laughing so hard i am crying

Thanks for joining in, great as usual to fly with you WildBoar. Sim is loads of fun, does take some getting used to. Don't feel bad in any way about being shot down. One of the players in that particular round was Mirgervin "the best flier there is". I am certain he got us all several times. Next time when you play and respawn try flying away from the action instead of jumping right in to the fray. Regroup and use your map fly towards the red dots. Usually they are low and you can pick one up or at least see one. Close on that target if you get the shot take it if not use your speed to escape and repeat the process. I use this tactic with some success flying f-190's as trying to turn with spits in it has bad results. Consider using the la-5 as a starter plane in Sim, it has very forgiving controls at full sensitivity. See you in the skies soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar44 View Post
Being Sim players ....i guess you guys are pretty well used to the very different feel this mode has from Arcade and Realistic....I got an invite from WalterNovotny last night...First Sim game....here is my first impression and in game(in head) commentry....goes like this.........

[Game Start]
Hmmm this is different.....where are they all ?

[Waggle wings, Aviator layout look around]
Are they over there ? .Nope. Are they over here ? .Nope. BOOOOM ! He got me !
where did he come from !

[Restart]
Ok i say....relax, move around , look the part at least , ..Ah just saw a spec move down there ! .....off i rush.....where did he go ? BOOOOM ! He got me again !

[Restart]
Now...get down lower i say....i may spot them better...ah i saw one over there.....over i roll , down i go.....sky...sky...more sky.....oh you fool, your upside down.... guess what.....yeah...BOOOOM He got me !

[Restart]
Get down lower...thats the trick.....see them now ...one spec...one shape...ah thats an aeroplane i say...follow him...get behind....get behind....BANG crashed into big tree !

[Restart]
Getting into this now....roll wings low....Aviator look around....get down lower....FLASH...one fly's right in front of me....oh you clot...did not think to pull the trigger !......hear engine behind me....oh no not again...BOOOOM He got me !

[Restart]
last chance now....you can do it....Head turning all over the place...even looking behind me over the back of the settee to see if they are coming from over there....... GAME OVER .....

[Pause for thought ]
Hmmmm...........

[Pause for thought ]
Bugger there good at this.......

[What do i do now ? ]
Turn off PlayStation...Go to fridge....get bottle of beer....Sit in the dark for 5 mins....wife say's " good game Darling ? ".....oh i say..." Spring Chicken to ShiteHawk in 10 minutes "...what...? she says...!oh never mind..lets go to bed....(safer there ! )

To "The Few" that play this mode...I raise my glass to you......
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Big Thanks..........

D16 , bobbysocks , Stapler , McQ59, JRHHOOY1, MACADEMIC, thanks for your advise, I will return that I am sure..... I will be "In Training" Rocky style offline while I get to grips with this mode......

Even thought about flyin permanently upside down for a better view "down there" lol...

The real funny thing was.....checked the score board last night on Sim dogfight.....says I had one Kill in that first game...!!! Who was that ?

Now...As for you Mr WalterNovotny ....Next time a Texan invites me out on a date....at least I know we aint going to no Prom !!! .. Load up ya Six Shooters Ace....Aint nothin worse than a Boar with a score...( to settle that is !! )

From behind the settee in deepest England......The Boar
Old 03-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Hello
Would you consider another Rookie to join the list?
Cheers
PSN-rgm748play
Old 03-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Anyone on for a few missions this weekend?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

I'll probably be on Saturday, I've recently been side-tracked by GT5...
Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
hay McQ59 am of this weekend and up for some bop fun just send invite and am there
Old 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
I'll be a bit tonight and saturday also
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Approved Member

I just had my first online sim experience and WOW HOLY $*@T. It is by far my favorite way to play and even though I mostly serve as target practice I won't ever shy away from sim matches again. Just awesome.

StiC
Old 03-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiC View Post
I just had my first online sim experience and WOW HOLY $*@T. It is by far my favorite way to play and even though I mostly serve as target practice I won't ever shy away from sim matches again. Just awesome.

StiC
Looking forward to seeing you there!

MAC