Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
anyone having an idea what happend with luthier's website?

http://www.rrgstudios.com/
i was curious about that myself.

i often log in to his site in the vain hope that one day i will find a whole bunch of new information about project galba.

the website seems to have died.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Supported is not the word I would have used.
The last time Ubi updated their Il-2/Pacific Fighters site was February 2005. I was young back then.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
The last time Ubi updated their Il-2/Pacific Fighters site was February 2005. I was young back then.
I'll soon need a stick, to get to my stick.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
I'll soon need a stick, to get to my stick.
Wow you old fogeys age fast in six years......but true Pacific Fighters got a real step childs treatment.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
speculum jockey

Does Ubisoft even host patches for games that are not their front line A++ titles?

Also . . . . Silent Hunter IV . . . yah, let that one sink in.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Does Ubisoft even host patches for games that are not their front line A++ titles?

Also . . . . Silent Hunter IV . . . yah, let that one sink in.
Well Silent Hunter IV was at least playable what can not be said of Silent Hunter V
Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutz View Post
Well Silent Hunter IV was at least playable what can not be said of Silent Hunter V
I totally forgot about that Pacific release! I meant to say Silent Hunter V (5). That was a pretty unforgivable thing Ubisoft did there. Taking a solid concept, shoehorning in a bunch of crap to make it appeal more to RPG/MMORPG players, then giving them 1/2 the time required to finish it.

Also Ubisoft has a bad habit of laying off dev teams as soon as a game is released (if they have that control over them). There have been a few instances where a dev team was fired the day after release and they had issues patching games because the devs had either moved on or refused to work with Ubisoft again.

Sadly this is starting to become a common practice amongst other companies as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Yepp it is all about the fast money, although that is nothing new.....just look at old cars how thick the sheet metal is and how thick it is on todays cars. Things have to be out to the customer fast, and if possible only last a minimal amount of time, so that the people will buy something new again. Unfortunately a wide spread policy in most industries.

Yes Silent Hunter V has been sunk by Ubi, just need to read the critques at amazon on SH V never seen a game get so fast so many negative comments than that one. But I guess they have to learn the hard way.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yepp it is all about the fast money, although that is nothing new.....just look at old cars how thick the sheet metal is and how thick it is on todays cars. .

ha ha less weight
thin sheetmetal to meet
gov mandate fuel standards
Old 01-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yepp it is all about the fast money, although that is nothing new.....just look at old cars how thick the sheet metal is and how thick it is on todays cars. Things have to be out to the customer fast, and if possible only last a minimal amount of time, so that the people will buy something new again. Unfortunately a wide spread policy in most industries.

Yes Silent Hunter V has been sunk by Ubi, just need to read the critques at amazon on SH V never seen a game get so fast so many negative comments than that one. But I guess they have to learn the hard way.
Distribution of impact as well, those old tanks of the 50's 60's were way bigger death traps than the cars now plus the reasons Abbeville-Boy mentioned. Anyway that's a whole can of worms completely irrelevant to this thread heheh.

I think Oleg brings a little cred to whatever Ubi is going "to do" with this title.