Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

I really need help to do the weird Spin Aerobatic for the achievement?
Tips?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered Member

Default Uh...help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Jareth View Post
You don't have to do all of the optional ones, just the last 2 called "Realistic" and "Simulator".
Love the game immensely. I'm having trouble with the simulator mission. I can follow the leader just fine, and I get that star, but following the instructor's orders I don't get. Probably because I can't seem to find the d@mn Heinkel I'm supposed to kill. It IS the orange downward-pointing triangle, isn't it?

So, I humble myself as a lowly spit-head in advance. I've done a few missions, but this is the only one that's really got me buffaloed. What's more aggravating (might be part of my problem), because I just want to unlock the darn sim mode. I realized I spent 83 minutes the last time I tried it before deciding that maybe the rising sun was telling me to go to bed.

Anyone got a good walk-through for me so I can move on in my life? I also have no audio for the instructor, just the 3pt. type on the lower right of screen I can't read.

Thanks in advance all.

Mk10
Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Default Okay...

So it's like, follow the leader, shoot the bomber, bomb the trucks, and something else.

Got it. Finally. Now of course I have to re-do the missions on sim to get the pretty gold wings. <sigh>

So is it normal practice to use the full view initially in simulator to find targets and then switch to cockpit view to fight? Just want to make sure I'm not breaking flight-sim man-law here.

I wish you could have follow view in simulator mode, because once a WWII aviator has his eye on his "prey," he (or she in the case of the Russian Air service) was usually able to follow its flight path in the sky. Of course in sim mode, I guess you're not really locked onto anyone really.

Any hints or tips folks use to fly missions and online combat in sim mode would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mk10
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

I personally try to only use cockpit view but I know other people dont and I'm totally okay with that. The reasons why are I like the cockpit view and I get reaslly disorientated using freelook in virtual cockpit, I like looking at the dials and it feels more 'right' to me.
Downsides are it limits what planes I can allow myself to use due to the lack of modelled cockpits (roll on DLC) and the tiny field of view you get looking forward.
I found bombing the trucks to be the real PITA of that training mission, I think I did use virtual cockpit for that.

I wont offer online tips as I really really stink in dogfights but I have fun doing it and come back for more. Plus it makes any kills I do get all the sweeter.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Default Yup...

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I much prefer the cockpit view myself, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find bandits and bombers inside of it, as everything is vewy, vewy, smawl.

The wide-open view I've been using to initially locate the little dots which might be bad. I too have to switch to cockpit or I get all disoriented like.

I find flying in this simulator mode, my kill totals have dropped in half.
Not so bad, as most WWII pilots didn't shoot down 20 aircraft in one sortie.

Any other tips or hints for flying in simulator mode would be appreciated from everyone.

I understand the principles of air combat maneuvers, mainly interested in tips on this particular game/sim whilst flying in simulator mode.

Thanks all,

Mk10
Old 09-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
I really need help to do the weird Spin Aerobatic for the achievement?
Tips?
Im not sure you have to... Ever seen an "Ace of Spades" show up after spins? I haven't eventhough I have spun to the ground quite a bit by now...

I did the Barrel roll, Immelman, Inside Loop and Broken S and got the cheevo. It seems as if you have to do all maneuvers after one another and in the same mission (someone correct me if Im wrong on this). I struggled a bit to get it too and got myself in to a air acrobrat craze: doing Immelmans, rolls and loops until my eyes nearly popped out of my head. All of a sudden I got the cheevo...
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but if your playing online you can use the DPAD to check your surroundings. Very useful especially checking your 6, this works on realistic, not sure if it will work on sim because the view takes you outside your plane.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGMaN X View Post
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but if your playing online you can use the DPAD to check your surroundings. Very useful especially checking your 6, this works on realistic, not sure if it will work on sim because the view takes you outside your plane.
It works on sim too.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Question Landing with Saitek Aviator Flight Sticks

Hi...my friend has got a little problem. He doesn't know how to brake with his airplane when landing ( with Saitek Aviator Flight Sticks ). Breaking on joypad is very easy. Just holding down right stick . But it doesn't work on Saitek Aviator with throttle stick. Anybody knows how to brake on Saitek?
Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

you cant brake on a stick yet, there is a patch coming that will fix this though