Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptisinge View Post
I'd like to have more to read rather than more to see (already convinced it looks good enough).
In particular, could we get a more detailed description of the features in the 128 players multiplayer mode? How does it work? Can players crew only their airplane or also occupy gunner positions of others, like in the new Zuti MDS servers? How it the progress of the battle handled, what rules determine how the battle is going etc... Thanks
Exactly my take on things as well.

If it's a video, then why not an instructional one with commentary instead of just a cinematic with lots of explosions that's been done to death by all kinds of games?

I'm thinking of a video where a developer talks us through some of the features and gives some insight on what they've built and how it works. Even better, an aircraft familiarization tutorial much like the ones A2A does for their FSX add-on aircraft:

"Hello, i'm Ilya Shevchenko, this is our 109E in Cliffs of Dover, and today i'm going to show you how to complete a simple take-off and land circuit around your airbase to demonstrate the changes and improvements from the IL2 series in the fields of FM,DM and engine management. I'm going to be flying with all the difficulty options set to on and i'll show you a few things to be careful of when flying the 109E, among them how not to over-rev your engine when flying the manual prop pitch variants. Our dynamic weather module is still in debugging but we do have static weather, so i will also show you the importance of wind direction in your takeoff/landing and what happens when you disregard it in narrow gear taildraggers like the 109 and Spitfire".
And then, he proceeds doing just that and briefly talking us through it within the the span of a few minutes.

Next week's video, an airstart mission from the QMB with someone displaying how to properly attack bombers in a Hurricane and touching on the main bits: shooting in convergence range, making side slashing attacks to avoid gunners, concentrating your fire to offset the small caliber of you guns, etc and most importantly, what happens when you disregard the advice. After all, there's no better way to showcase the product's realism than the player getting punished for doing something that would have consequences in the real world.
For the next video, a bombing run tutorial in a He111 and a small section at the end pointing out the differences in bombsights between the 111 and the other bombers featured in the simulator (blenheim, Br20, etc).

It doesn't have to be a gazillion aircraft swirling and spewing smoke and gunfire all over the screen, it could be just one aircraft with a guy talking or a small QMB mission...it just needs to be interesting and show what's under the hood of their new engine
Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

I just want to see some in game video of a dogfight between a Spit and a 109. Bullets firing, someone going down in flames. It'd be cool to see the damage effects in action!