Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

i use a mix of de wilde and ap, i dont know if its the best but it works for me.

without tracers the enemy dont know when you miss , i use that too. do you fly online raid?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
I haven't bothered to read all these pages but on two issues, here's my 2p;

Lag - IMHO definitely occurs. I have sometimes been hit by a 109 making a near head-on pass when his line of flight moved from 11 o'clock to my 1 o'clock to pass down my right hand side and at no time within normal guns range was he pointing at me unless he shot very early from 1000+ metres when he was last pointing at me. It seemed he could not have hit me from normal range at his angle. But.... bang! Dead. I accept that no Tracer can add to the impression of imposssible shots but I'm happy (happy?!) that when it happens, its probably lag.

PKs in general. Sudden unexplained PKs (no tracer) perhaps due to mine shells exploding in a cluster around the cockpit. No armour to the sides. Loud impacts/explosions (not like the sound of 7.62mm hitting the airframe), instant black screen. Or simply a 20mm in the right place.

I doubt very much that its hacking.

I just wish the damn 109 pilots would oblige with a few PK deaths from my 0.303" AP!
No wonder the RAF pilots began asking for heavier armament.
+1
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Don't worry Notafinger just leave him to it, he thinks that if he moans long enough the reds will get 200oct aircraft
Salute

Please don't accuse me of bias when that is clearly not the case.

I've never asked for performance better than historical, unlike some of those who have responded to my comments, several of which who admitted flying with 109 mods on public servers.

And by the way, I am record on any number of occasions noting the following:

1. 109's too slow on the deck
2. Hurricane and Spitfire 2 pitch planes climb too well.

And other suggestions for changes which would benefit the Blue side.

If you want to provide proof the Spitfire's damage model is incorrect, then I would suggest you do so.

All I see right now is a lot of response from those who fly Blue saying they want an ahistorical situation to continue so they can benefit.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post
Honestly Buzz, unless you are suggesting these guys are using something other than skill (is that what you're suggesting?) to achieve those sorts of hits, I just think your blowing this thing completely out of proportion.
Salute

Read the thread and you will see me on record as stating I don't think any of the pilot's mentioned were hacking. I didn't start this thread or make any of those allegations.

My issue is the modelling of this Sim.

The fact is, this is supposed to be a highly realistic simulation. (Unless I didn't read the box cover and promotion material correctly)

Not an Arcade game where the side with the most ways to exploit the botches in design. comes out on top.

All those who are complaining about the Spitfire's damage model... Why didn't you do something about it instead of muttering to yourself?

Why didn't you do some testing, provide proof to the Developers before the last patch??

I had suspected a long time that the Hurricane was modelled incorrectly, I did my research and provided proof it was overweight, and it got changed.

Just because those on the Blue side are too lazy to provide the proof required, (if it even exists) for a change in the Spitfire damage model is not my problem, it's theirs, despite their attempts here to try to associate my correctly provided information on the SmK (H) with a possible flaw in the Spitfire.

It's quite clear that those who are shouting the loudest were also those who were the quietest and most self satisfied when the Red aircraft were completely mismodelled and the 109's were sailing freely.

Now that things are more realistically modelled, (far from perfect, the engine cutout bug makes the Spits and Hurricanes far from historical at higher alts) the Blue side is complaining... perhaps no surprise.

That's not my problem and personally I don't care if some misinformed and one sided players want to attack me... just an indicator of their personal lack of character.

If I discover facts which bear my point out, I will continue to point out what I perceive as errors in this Sim, whatever others may say.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 10-25-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantaje View Post
do you fly online raid?
i like to play online but just on airquake i dont have the patience to look for for so long for a contact as in full real

i dont know now im tweaking my settings and have a better visibility i may give it a try

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Beware! They are coming again! ATAG Friday 10/26 21.00 MSK/17.00 UTC and later

Details: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...1169#post21169

Last edited by Ataros; 10-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

point is, at this time, the game is ridiculously easy to be modified.. which means cheating is happening for sure in the online environment.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
You don't have a source, but you keep claiming there was some kind of ammo shortage with that particular round.
Tungsten ore (in German Tungsten = Wolfram) was in extremely short supply in Germany so that after no more Tungsten ore (Wolfram) supplies were available in adequate numbers to the German Arms Industry the Production of Weapons and tungsten cored ammo like the
2,8 cm schwere Panzerbüchse 41, 4,2 cm Pak 41, 7,5 cm Pak 41 and the 5,/7,5/ 8,8 cm Panzergranate 40 (H) (H= Hartkern aka Tungsten Core) had to be stopped.

Germany’s minimum requirements for Tungsten ore were 3,500 metric tons per year.
  • 1939 4142 metric tons tungsten ore were imported from China, 62 from India, 638 from Portugal and 74 from Spain. Total: 4916 metric tons
  • 1940 61 metric tons tungsten ore were imported from Portugal, 800 from China and 394 from Spain. Total: 1255 metric tons
  • 1941 318 metric tons tungsten ore were imported from Portugal, 1100 from Spain. Total: 1418
  • 1942 794 metric tons tungsetn ore were Imported from Portugal, 1100 from Spain. Total: 1894
  • 1943 835 metric tons tungsten ore were Imported from Portugal, 1100 from Spain. Total: 1935
  • 1944 895 metric tons tungsten ore were Imported from Portugal, 564 from Spain (smuggled). Total: 1459

Great sources for the shortage of Tungsten and many other urgently needed materials and also the overstreched german war industry is: Germany and the second World War Volume V/ I and II
http://www.amazon.com/Germany-Second.../dp/0198228872
http://www.amazon.com/Germany-Second...798559-3538864
CARUANA L.R. and ROCKOFF H.(2001): "A Wolfram in Sheep ́s Clothing: U.S.Economic Warfare in Spain, 1940-1944." NBER Working Paper No. H0132
LEITZ, C. (1996): Economic Relations Between Nazi Germany and Franco’ s Spain1939-1945. Clarendon Press. Oxford
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

5cm PaK/Kwk munition production did not stop IIRC (others were, but there were for example a very limited amount of Hartkern Pzgr. 40 produced for the (long) 8,8 Pak/KwK 43 gun. OTOH 5cm Pzgr. 40 was very commonly used in the Eastern Front in 1941 - one in three-four AP rounds fired IIRC.

The 7,92mm smk (H) tungsten cored small arms munition did stop by mid 1941, at which point stock of this ammuntion amounted to about 10 million rounds.
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
the reason it's not working for you guys is because the Jews are sabotaging your ammo....
Stay classy bro.