Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus108 View Post
I have been on this site for some hours now and trying to understand what i am missing, but have no idea. when i download from the links you put on page 1 one i only get the cloder.dll fie and not the CloDer.exe. what am iam doing wrong here.
plese help
I have the same
I also can't find CloDer.exe.
Please help!!!

Regards René
Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Windows 8/8.1

Hi Guys – I haven’t looked in here for a while I run CloD on Win8.1 without needing the fix. sYk0 wrote this fix for me originally, and I still have it installed, but I found I can run the game directly from Steam now.

The original issue was a result of a change in a security protocol from Win7 to Win8, but perhaps this has since been addressed in an update – I found this before I upgraded to 8.1, and it is still like that.

I suspect missing/wrong version DirectX files - I suggest running the DirectX installer in the ‘redist’ folder in the game folder and trying again using the Steam launcher. You can also run the other installers in this folder (‘vcredist_x86.exe’ and ‘dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe’) – it won’t do any harm if they’re not needed.

If you still want to try the fix, place the files in the game root folder, create a shortcut to ‘CloDer.exe’ on your desktop, and click on this to launch the game.

You may struggle to extract the files, as most AV’s will identify the dll as a Trojan and delete it - it technically is, as it bypasses the security feature. You will have to add the files to the ‘exceptions’ list in your AV – both where you extract them too initially (like your Desktop) and before you copy them to the game folder. Some AV’s can be a bit difficult getting them to do this, but I can assure you that the files are safe, so ignore the possible dire warning you may get.

CloD's performance in Win8 is very good - I ‘upgraded’ originally because MS said it would better support my previous BullDozer cpu. I don’t know how much truth there was in this, but CloD ran very smoothly on an FX-8120 @ 4.2GHz and a HD6970 using all 8 threads. The only difference on my current machine is higher frame rates.

S!

*Edit* Forgot to mention - I'm using CloD version Team Fusion 4.00, possibly makes a difference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CloDer.zip (36.0 KB, 224 views)

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by TonyD; 02-08-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: addition
Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Default windows 8.1 not running cliffs of dover

Hello all.

I have windows 8.1 and purchased il2 cliffs f dover on steam.
I have installed team fusion patches. and tried the cloder exe and cloder dll
system still will not run Il2 cliffs of dover.

with the team fusion patches it begins to load but then crashes with a partial screen of a sky and the lower screen is black.

what to do???????
Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Smile Fix Works for Me Windows 8

Thank you to everyone who fixed this. I just bought a new gaming PC and was rather frustrated to find it would not run COD.

Eventually I found this link and downloaded the exe and dll files. After installing in the correct directory I started the app.

Norton promptly deleted the exe. So I went into Norton and restored the file and told it not to screen in future.

Tried again and Norton deleted the dll. Did the same.

Third time lucky and I am in a Hurricane over the English Channel.

Many thanks.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Arther View Post
Hello all.

I have windows 8.1 and purchased il2 cliffs f dover on steam.
I have installed team fusion patches. and tried the cloder exe and cloder dll
system still will not run Il2 cliffs of dover.

with the team fusion patches it begins to load but then crashes with a partial screen of a sky and the lower screen is black.

what to do???????
Any help would be appreciated
Did you run the DirectX installer in the game folder? This sounds like an error caused by a missing/corrupt file. If it is running, then the security by-pass is working, so your error is somewhere else. Good luck!

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Hi Guys – I haven’t looked in here for a while I run CloD on Win8.1 without needing the fix. sYk0 wrote this fix for me originally, and I still have it installed, but I found I can run the game directly from Steam now.

The original issue was a result of a change in a security protocol from Win7 to Win8, but perhaps this has since been addressed in an update – I found this before I upgraded to 8.1, and it is still like that.

I suspect missing/wrong version DirectX files - I suggest running the DirectX installer in the ‘redist’ folder in the game folder and trying again using the Steam launcher. You can also run the other installers in this folder (‘vcredist_x86.exe’ and ‘dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe’) – it won’t do any harm if they’re not needed.

If you still want to try the fix, place the files in the game root folder, create a shortcut to ‘CloDer.exe’ on your desktop, and click on this to launch the game.

You may struggle to extract the files, as most AV’s will identify the dll as a Trojan and delete it - it technically is, as it bypasses the security feature. You will have to add the files to the ‘exceptions’ list in your AV – both where you extract them too initially (like your Desktop) and before you copy them to the game folder. Some AV’s can be a bit difficult getting them to do this, but I can assure you that the files are safe, so ignore the possible dire warning you may get.

CloD's performance in Win8 is very good - I ‘upgraded’ originally because MS said it would better support my previous BullDozer cpu. I don’t know how much truth there was in this, but CloD ran very smoothly on an FX-8120 @ 4.2GHz and a HD6970 using all 8 threads. The only difference on my current machine is higher frame rates.

S!

*Edit* Forgot to mention - I'm using CloD version Team Fusion 4.00, possibly makes a difference.
Seems to have worked for me.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

With the greatest respect to IC Company can you make a definitive patch that will finely fix this problem?
There have been so many bad experiences every week from guy's trying to fly Cod, can we finally have a fix that works for everyone with out the constant bother?
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ben131IAP; 02-18-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Works for me!!

Thank you so much Syk0, you just made my day!
After some headbanging, I tried running Cloder.exe in administrator mode and it finally worked.

Now, it's up, up, up and awayyy!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
I have the same
I also can't find CloDer.exe.
Please help!!!

Regards René
Probably your antivirus is blocking and putting the exe into quarantine. The file does exist I just downloaded it (v.2)
Old 03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Just update to 8.1, issue solved.