Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Losing troops after Spider Boss is a non-issue.

Greenwort is easily doable after that.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
New Bug: Thread of Life goblin shaman ability is being cast on ENEMY troops! The effect life links two units, but looks like it is meant to only be cast on allies. Instead it gets cast on my sooth sayers, and an enemy ogre. When the ogre takes damage, so do my sooth sayers. You also cannot dispel it correctly (removing the effect from the sooth sayers changes nothing).

New Bug: Again, maybe. When I first reached Greenwort, my entire army was removed. While this may very well be intended, I shudder to think what would happen if I only had barely enough money to afford that army and couldn't buy anything new after that.
1) I think this is kinda neat, makes you target the Goblin Shaman first just so you don't get Life Linked (sucks to lose like 80 Inqs in a battle and have to res for 3-4 turns).
Adds more interesting gameplay options here imo.

2) If you have a GOLD problem in this game I dunno...the first training enemy I fought at level 1 gave me 40k gold. I left the first 4 islands with just over 1 million gold (not using Edda gold song at all).
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

More on the Book of Evil: I am a Soothsayer with 24 Intellect and no points in Creation. I just summoned a Book of Evil using the scroll, so this is a basic one:

Atk 136 (20)
Def 115 (15)
Damage 120-298
Health 1188 (!!!!!)

This thing is stronger than a Black Dragon (although it would probably still lose to one) for only 15 Mana. That can't possibly be right.

Edit:
I'm now off to make a Summoner Soothsayer in order to abuse this before it gets fixed.

Also, Icy Rage has triggered on Vortex. I think it's safe to say it only works on Olaf's skills.

Last edited by Nevar; 10-30-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

I'm not sure when it happened or under what circumstances - mostly posting this so other people can keep an eye out for a trigger.

At some point I lost all the runes on my character. I had ~10 each, checked my Hero after I picked up a couple and saw that all I had were the ones I just picked up. Loaded each of the 3 quicksave slots, and had 0/0/0 in each of them. I was on Merlassar at the time, although I don't know if that factors in at all.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

You can't use archmage Rezo (Arlania) tower no matter what allthough there is a quest icon above the building. I used the three altars, the 3 mages disappeared, but that's it. is must be something wrong.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Generally speaking, when upgrading an item, the higher the level you are upgrading it to, the harder the fight. That doesn't hold true for the Staff of the Herbsage. The fight to upgrade it to Soothsayer's Staff (the middle level) is probably the right strength, but the fight to upgrade it to White Hlad (the highest level) is considerably easier - almost certainly too easy.

Also, the XP/Gold rewards for some quests seems completely off. I'm seeing quests with 780 gold and 49 XP reward on Merlassar. Considering you get quests with ~100 XP on the starting 4 islands, it doesn't seem like the rewards are scaling properly.

Last edited by Bhruic; 10-30-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
New Bug: I'm surprised this isn't reported yet, but the Edda option that gives you bonus gold and initiative, is giving WAAAAY too much initiative. Like, it's giving +10 instead of +1, causing your units to go first each turn.
Not sure if it's a bug either, but I think the way Berserk works for Berserkers and Vikings is just waaaay overpowered. I mean, my Berserkes got +100% initiative, making it go up to 10 - which is super-Phoenix-fast. Not that it helps, since they are uncontrolleable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
Your post is hilarious BB lol! Seeing these number of bugs makes me feel like waiting for to patch and expansion to put come out before I play again. Well at least for the next playthrough
Frankly, I just bought XCom and will be playing that game - maybe when I am done, there will be enough patches and updates to makes WotN playeable. Right now, I kinda only run around on the second island to check the new units and spells. Some are innovative, I just wish they worked well.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 10-30-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
For your first point you need to bring him the level 2 viking unit that has that shield bash. Bring him 15 of those, there were tons for sale in my game. For the teeth I got one from Runorm the Seer and one from my dad (via dialog) after somebody told me to go and get it from him - I don't remember where I got the others (combat maybe) so someone else will have to say. That ABC house is probably the House of Jotun and you have to fly to get there (it's on my bug list but only as a courtesy... it confused me too).
I have 4 of the teeth, just needed Eric's. I see the problem. The viking units look so similar to the axe thrower that I did not realize they were unique. Thanks for the tip on them being level 2 units. That was how I distinguished them.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Vikings and Axe throwers similar? They look nothing alike! The Axe Thrower is a huge bulky brute, half-naked, with a bald head and wields two axes. The Viking has a horned helmet, wears a scottish skirt, and uses a sword and a shield, also having a white wolf pelt on his shoulders.

If anything, the Viking and the Berserker look too much alike - they use the same mesh, too, imho. The best way to tell them apart is by the metal armor the berserker wears, and how one of his helmet's horns is broken off.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Ma233e

I have the latest drivers and a Sapphire Radeon 7900. I'll add something about it.

Last edited by Ma233e; 10-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.