Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Just check here
Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Pilots can have different conditions like: "IsInBase", "IsBasePilot". One of these conditions is "IsCanSayReplica". I can't get to know what this condition means. I'm trying to finish my pilot script and I need it to check all possible pilot states. HELP!!!

Last edited by Goblin Wizard; 04-13-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Lookie lookie what I found:

http://translate.google.com/translat...gger%26hl%3Den

Edit: Aw crap, that forum does not allow you to link to them...
Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Trucidation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
If you are adding any new ships to a game, I found out the hard way that you must start a new game in order for certain script commands to see recently added ships. I am pulling my hair out because I created a little ship known as the Azure Stormcrow, 4th generation, 3 systems, 2 guns, 1 missile, and it refuses to appear in trade stations or as convoy loot.
I could be wrong, but from observing what ships the Templars sell me in Charon, I noticed I always get the same ships if I load from a save just outside the station. But if I load a save from outside Charon (i.e. Kronos) and not having entered Charon before, I can see different ship types on sale if I reload several times.

Loot also appears to behave this way, I'm trying to get the Star Hammer Memorial to drop me Precursor guns. If I reload from a save just before I blow it up, I always get the same crap (just in different quantity). It appears that I need to load from a save before I jump into the Precursor System in order to make it drop differently. (Most of the time it just drops alien stuff though and it's driving me nuts lol -_-).

Edit: Forgot to post what I wanted to reply originally, have you tried jumping to a new system you've never been in before in that savegame, and seeing if your new items are being sold there?

Last edited by Trucidation; 05-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

As far as the Charon bit goes, I noticed that if you exit the Charon system, save, than load that save and enter back into Charon, the Templar ship list will be randomized again.

Quote:
Edit: Forgot to post what I wanted to reply originally, have you tried jumping to a new system you've never been in before in that savegame, and seeing if your new items are being sold there?
Standard operating procedure for me to change systems when testing scripts.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Hi
How can i replace the models of the motherships you recieve?
And also, how can i change their names and stats?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

I tried to check the Nanaki's idea and this is what I've got.
sw3cw 2010-05-27 22-56-29-78.jpg
The first, you probably noticed, is GUI limit. Each pilot has 5 wingmens but even 3 full teams is too much. Others are:
- additional pilots take place of possible storyline pilots. First 6 pilots are showed, others exist only in memory.
- after docked, you can only lunch first 6 pilots.
- when docking, if all 6 hangar slots are occupied something bad happens. It's hard to describe but it's not CTD.
- When jumping through the gate... don't ask

These pilots have full functionality of the regular storyline pilots but only until docked. You can even give them perk tree.

Conclusion: All problems come from GUI limit. Engine can handle much more than 6 pilots and 6 hangar slots. You can edit all parts of the GUI except this damn 6 pilots cap.

Because all of these (and probably other) problems I'll stick with the idea of adding pilots in a way as summon perks work. This method has less functionality but causes much less problems.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Trucidation

Goblin Wizard, is it possible to somehow assign skill trees to summoned pilots? This will allow them to have an upgrade path, without requiring the summoner pilot to have multiple summon skills.

I guess this depends on the flexibility of the summon skill.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Salutations, everybody. Sorry to churn in just like that, but I recently aquired Star Wolves 1 from gog.com, and after completing the campaign twice, I am now looking into the modding capacities this game has. As far as I am aware so far, modding ships requires a tool called IMD-Editor or somesuch.

Since the linked homepage ( http://freenet-homepage.de/allaway/s...x_english.html ) does not work anymore and Google doesn't really produce any usable results (but hey, maybe my search terms are just a tad off), would anybody around here know another place where one could aquire that tool and maybe read up on modding a little more?

Cheerio and best regards,

SpiritWolf448
(who's now hoping SW2 and 3 will make an appearance on GOG as well)
Old 05-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

You can attach skill tree to any pilot you want but if pilot is not directly controlled by you - you don't have access to his skill tree. You can probably make him work like Bryna & KT (teaching new perks by dialog). It's acceptable for one pilot but if you will have to do this for several pilots it becomes boring and irritating.
Other problems:
1. pilots summoned via perk act like mercenaries. They disappear after jump and don't have their progress saved. I can make another perk which will save their perks and exp points but it's a lot of effort.
2. Unlike your storyline pilots they not always end in rescue pod after ship being destroyed. They can simply die.

You can run any function via summon perk. Jump to any sector, open trade station menu, run a dialog, create dust cloud in front of you - no problem.
Summon perks have number of uses so e.g. you can make perk which summons 6 pilots group once or 1 pilot 6 times.