Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirke View Post
Well, this one actually works now and is fluid at 60 fps flying at 10 Meters at
300Kph with 30 planes with high details ,dynamic clouds, etc ...

Salute !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2uen33b.jpg (130.9 KB, 38 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
Avro sits back for a moment and reflects. His new born son of 14 weeks is murmuring in the background. Neither CoD or RoF will change the most important things in life.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

A new baby pilot, congratulations !...keep them coming

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
Avro sits back for a moment and reflects. His new born son of 14 weeks is murmuring in the background.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Let me try to give some context here.

A lot of weird assumptions in this thread, but we expected some blow-back so no worries.

Comparisons to CLOD are natural and we don't expect everyone to love everything we do, but we'll work hard to please as many folks as we can.

Our engine is indeed advanced and does A LOT very well including our ME. The former CLOD team members that have joined us are very impressed with our engine. CLOD may have done some things well, but over many years and many millions of dollars it didn't do everything quite well enough. For you its a hobby and a little bit of money, but for the business interests involved it is their careers, reputation and big money at stake. Decisions to move on and make changes have to be made or it all goes away with no future.

I hope everyone joins our new forum and reads our FAQ. And all this talk about ROF business models and stuff is not accurate for this product. We are proud of what we have accomplished with ROF considering where we started and it has been a blessing to ready us for building a WWII product. As already sated, the business model will not be like CLOD and not exactly like ROF.

So before you condemn us and our engine for trying to make WWII give us some time to do our thing and in the meantime feel free to play CLOD to your heart's content. I'm sorry some of you are disappointed about CLOD development stopping, but it was not our baby, although Loft did oversee the final patch and made sure it was a good one for you. Loft says you're welcome btw.

There is no animosity among the new blended team and they are already working hard on this product together. Give us a chance to earn your business. Overall response has been quite favorable and many long time IL-2 community members have already contacted us wanting to lend a hand with everything from data collecting, model building and mission creation. There is much to be looking forward to.

Just imagine a world of regular content releases, moderately priced, with new planes and theaters on a well-functioning engine with interesting 3rd party content being made. Not since the original IL-2 has anyone even gotten close to this promise. IL-2 was released what over a decade ago? We want to give this to you, but we can only get there if you give us a fair shot and your support. If this fails, I don't see anyone else attempting such a product for a long, long time. Only 1C and 777 are foolish enough to try. Give us some credit for that. There is WT and WOWP coming, but it won't be the same as a Sturmovik product.

That's all I will say in this thread. I will continue to work with everyone in the new IL-2 forum.

Jason
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
How in the world did you come up with that conclusion? Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Luke, if you would get off your knees for a second you could go search for the ROF wind bug that has been there since its inception. I believe the thread was almost 50 pages long before it was both recognized by the Devs, then we were told it can't be fixed. I could also be wrong, but wind I'm pretty sure is a pretty important factor on real time dynamic flight models at least in Clod. But ROF's is bugged and their FMs work with it? Lol ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
Still holding a grudge after all this time?
Lets see. Cockpit damage / nope. Engine limitations nope. FMB better etc.

Sorry cant see where stating facts is holding a grudge. I'm sorry you are the 777 lapdog and it hurts you when people point out some pretty important flaws in the ROF engine. I remember being told they can't be fixed and from Jason's own mouth "our engine is good. Deal with it". So anyone believing that they can magically fix a problem they've had that they haven't done for 4 years with the same engine just because it will have different planes, is kinda funny.

I like others will wait and see, but that current engine can't even support WWI, let alone WWII.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Salute

News exactly as predicted.

RISE OF FLIGHT code is basis for BATTLE OF STALINGRAD. CLIFFS OF DOVER/BATTLE OF MOSCOW code is discarded.

RISE OF FLIGHT code is very well optimized, we should get a very stable, usable game.

We may not see quite the detail that potentially would have been available with the CoD code, but the facts are, the developers at CoD/BoM just couldn't fix it.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 12-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Studios - Jason View Post
Let me try to give some context here.

A lot of weird assumptions in this thread, but we expected some blow-back so no worries.

Comparisons to CLOD are natural and we don't expect everyone to love everything we do, but we'll work hard to please as many folks as we can.

Our engine is indeed advanced and does A LOT very well including our ME. The former CLOD team members that have joined us are very impressed with our engine. CLOD may have done some things well, but over many years and many millions of dollars it didn't do everything quite well enough. For you its a hobby and a little bit of money, but for the business interests involved it is their careers, reputation and big money at stake. Decisions to move on and make changes have to be made or it all goes away with no future.

I hope everyone joins our new forum and reads our FAQ. And all this talk about ROF business models and stuff is not accurate for this product. We are proud of what we have accomplished with ROF considering where we started and it has been a blessing to ready us for building a WWII product. As already sated, the business model will not be like CLOD and not exactly like ROF.

So before you condemn us and our engine for trying to make WWII give us some time to do our thing and in the meantime feel free to play CLOD to your heart's content. I'm sorry some of you are disappointed about CLOD development stopping, but it was not our baby, although Loft did oversee the final patch and made sure it was a good one for you. Loft says you're welcome btw.

There is no animosity among the new blended team and they are already working hard on this product together. Give us a chance to earn your business. Overall response has been quite favorable and many long time IL-2 community members have already contacted us wanting to lend a hand with everything from data collecting, model building and mission creation. There is much to be looking forward to.

Just imagine a world of regular content releases, moderately priced, with new planes and theaters on a well-functioning engine with interesting 3rd party content being made. Not since the original IL-2 has anyone even gotten close to this promise. IL-2 was released what over a decade ago? We want to give this to you, but we can only get there if you give us a fair shot and your support. If this fails, I don't see anyone else attempting such a product for a long, long time. Only 1C and 777 are foolish enough to try. Give us some credit for that. There is WT and WOWP coming, but it won't be the same as a Sturmovik product.

That's all I will say in this thread. I will continue to work with everyone in the new IL-2 forum.

Jason
Thanks for your comments Jason.

I am a happy RISE OF FLIGHT flyer, will continue to be, and undoubtably will buy BATTLE OF STALINGRAD.

A little sad the CLIFFS OF DOVER engine never reached its potential and never was developed properly, but that sometimes happens.

In the meantime, I hope everyone will give Jason their support and encourage him and the BATTLE OF STALINGRAD team with positive feedback and direction.

One point Jason:

You may be already aware of this, but the original IL-2 map for Stalingrad was based on a modern map, not a WWII one. AFAIK it contains reservoirs and river systems which were not in place in 1942.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 12-11-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
There's fresh tread on the old tyre. I've not had as much sleep over the past three months as I would have liked, but I'm not complaining.

Best Regards,
MB_Avro & Son.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Its the future Avro, the old model just won't cut it anymore. I just hope the new development doesn't cut into RoF/WW1 expansion.
I don't think it will.. I think that both theaters have a core that prefers that theater and both theaters have folks who will go either way. I think that this merger is actually going to be the best thing that could have happened to the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus3620 View Post
.... ROF, and admired many features of it, it did not grab me as much as CLoD.

RoF didn't grab me much but that was, as I came to realize more so because of the theater than the sim itself or it's business model. I just prefer those 39-49 aircraft to the 15-19 ones.. The sim itself is not bad at all. I like it.. CoD didn't grab me much .. partly because by the time I was able to run it it had gone through it's changes and I was not sure of where it was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Thanks for your comments Jason.
I am a happy RISE OF FLIGHT flyer, will continue to be, and undoubtably will buy BATTLE OF STALINGRAD.
A little sad the CLIFFS OF DOVER engine never reached its potential and never was developed properly, but that sometimes happens.
In the meantime, I hope everyone will give Jason their support and encourage him and the BATTLE OF STALINGRAD team with positive feedback and direction.

This.. and thanks for the post Jason.. I'd like to post on the forum but I am still waiting for my email .... I figured maybe I screwed something up but when I tried to join again it said my username & email was already in use so I am just waiting..
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'd like to post on the forum but I am still waiting for my email .... I figured maybe I screwed something up but when I tried to join again it said my username & email was already in use so I am just waiting..
check your spam box, my email from them ended up in the junk mail.