Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

I can't believe everyone is gushing about the tracers. They look like something out of a Sega Genesis game. Every bullet is a tracer, they are way too white and they maintain formation for way too long. It looks nothing like guncam footage in history, and nothing like tracer rounds today.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Hello everybody.

Back on CoD for testing.
I'm happy to see that the sim is still alive.

Is it mandatory to have the mini fix installed to install this last patch ?

Last edited by Avirex; 06-30-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDelta View Post
I can't believe everyone is gushing about the tracers. They look like something out of a Sega Genesis game. Every bullet is a tracer, they are way too white and they maintain formation for way too long. It looks nothing like guncam footage in history, and nothing like tracer rounds today.
While I agree that the actual look/behavior of the tracers leave much to be desired, the improvement in the view range, performance and ricochet of the tracers are a nice leap in the right direction .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avirex View Post
Is it mandatory to have the mini fix installed to install this last patch ?
It's recommended to follow these steps as posted by Blackdog_kt (Sorry about that!),

1) Verify integrity of local files (to get back to last official version)

2) Go to your documents\1c softclub\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder and delete the cache folder. (the game will rebuild it based on the new version next time you run the sim).

3) Extract the beta patch in the game folder (c:\whatever_you_named_it\steam\steamapps\common\I L-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) and let it overwrite anything it wants to overwrite

4) Run the sim one to force it to rebuild the cache.

5) Start a free flight quick mission to force it to add anything else it might need in the cache.

6) Exit the sim.

7) Restart the sim.

Last edited by Al Capwn; 06-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Approved Member

I've got big stutters every so often and consistent mico stutters every second or so flying close to the ground and looking out the window. In fact I've never really had problems with stutters like I do with this patch.

I like the extra range on the tracers but maybe too many bullets ricochet in too uniform a way. looks good but.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

i think the tracers are fine and dont need any more touch, you guys, have seen tracers firing?

This is a MG34, i tested it in the sim, i puted a PzIV and it looks the same

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Ho hum. No improvements for me. Frames per second still capped at 27fps on high settings, and stays at 27 even when turning everything down to lowest. Not quite high enough to play, but just enough to piss me off.

I5 2500k, 16Gb DDR3, 1 Gb GTS450.
I don't see why are you pissed, 27 FPS is a pretty good result in a GTS 450.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

I, like many will wait for the actual patch, but thanks for all the feedback..sounds like a step forward.

Remember it's a Beta !

Has anyone looked at the Spit skins/weathering?

Is the Spit still stuck on max weathering ?

Still waiting for the game to 'settle down' before doing any campaign building...

Regards

Simon
Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiboo View Post
I, like many will wait for the actual patch, but thanks for all the feedback..sounds like a step forward.

Remember it's a Beta !

Has anyone looked at the Spit skins/weathering?

Is the Spit still stuck on max weathering ?

Still waiting for the game to 'settle down' before doing any campaign building...

Regards

Simon
The wheatering effect its now fixed on all planes

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Well, this one is definitely worse than the last beta (+fix) for me

Over populated areas fps went down from 25 to 15-20 so that it is just not fluid anymore and stutters are definitely much worse for me.
Especially noticeable when panning around with TrackIR. Looking around from front of the cockpit to the planes six i have at least 2-3 pauses ( each perhaps 1/10 sec. long ).
Very distracting ...

Bummer, have to disable shadows again. With last beta i was able to enable shadows and have a fluid sensation of flight even over large cities, not anymore ....

Just had a furball over Hastings on ATAG with 4-6 planes. FPS went down to lower 10th, perhaps even below. From memory this was not the case with last beta.

i7-2600K
8GB
ATI 6950 22GB
Win7/64
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

As someone who unistalled the game a long time ago in the hope it would get better i have recently installed again and after this latest patch it flies well for me with an average of 45fps with a max of 60fps with most settings on the highest. I flew over an hour last night in two servers with no crashes and only microstutters on a couple of occasions, once when i fired the guns and once as i dropped down to land, but it flew smoothly even when alongside other players. The biggest frame hit is mirrors as usual, i gain 10fps by switching the mirror off.

Installation of the new patch was a little problematic, i backed up the bob and core files then installed the contents of the new ones and the game would not start, a brief flash of gunsight then nothing, so verified in Steam then deleted the cache installed again and it worked fine. So its a thumbs up from me.

System AMD 965 at 3.7 8gigs ddr2 800ram ATI 6950 2gig memory OCZ 120gb ssd