Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Hey everyone, 360 pilot here, from the Pacific time zone. Great to see that this forum is still alive and kicking, (used to check it quite a bit, havent for nearly a year). I honestly thought that something would have been done to fix the online match making for this great game by now... ah well.
My GT is shano26. Hopefully Ill be flying with some of you soon!

Cheers.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Registered Member

Default Game looks good - Hello Boys!

Just bought the package for PS3 this week & tutorial was great. Looking for a PS3 compatible Joystick. The PS3 controller is for kids lol

Played 'Fighter Ace' the last few years & they went off line Aug 1 with a blowout 350 player battle. Played for JAPAN (Those cardboard zeros gave the greatest challenge against the Hawker & german/Russian plane fanatics).
I miss the dogfights & realistic sim planes & land conquor & taking out the tank columns. Saw this game & realize it has 'missions' which I detest. Computer controlled missions are for robot kids. However the dogfights look comparable to Fighter Ace standards & I look forward to taking you all down ASAP (Or die trying).

NOTE: Sturmovik needs to get Fighter Ace e-mail list as there are a few thousand stranded players like me who had no game to play (or dropped ther standards to the on line crap out there). - I played as Baracudda - Astro_Boy, Kamakazi_1 (no squadron)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fighter Ace-1.jpg (55.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggies_Ghost View Post
Just bought the package for PS3 this week & tutorial was great. Looking for a PS3 compatible Joystick. The PS3 controller is for kids lol

Played 'Fighter Ace' the last few years & they went off line Aug 1 with a blowout 350 player battle. Played for JAPAN (Those cardboard zeros gave the greatest challenge against the Hawker & german/Russian plane fanatics).
I miss the dogfights & realistic sim planes & land conquor & taking out the tank columns. Saw this game & realize it has 'missions' which I detest. Computer controlled missions are for robot kids. However the dogfights look comparable to Fighter Ace standards & I look forward to taking you all down ASAP (Or die trying).

NOTE: Sturmovik needs to get Fighter Ace e-mail list as there are a few thousand stranded players like me who had no game to play (or dropped ther standards to the on line crap out there). - I played as Baracudda - Astro_Boy, Kamakazi_1 (no squadron)
Welcome to IL2 and the forum. There's a great community on PS3 (save for a
few village idiots) who'll happily chew your control surfaces!!! In all honesty you've come to the right place. Get to know the guys who frequent here and you won't go far wrong. Best advice I can give is don't give up- you'll spend as much time falling out of the sky early on as you do flying! It happened to us all- a little perseverance and skill and you'll be up there with the best of them. Most importantly enjoy it!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

welcome both of you. Gilly pretty much summed it up perfectly. a great game and a great bunch of guys here. Shano26 i am xbox as well and play after 10pm-2am EST (when i am not out ). we have some pretty decent games ( mostly real and sim ) but they do get sparse on occasion. if you get on noon or 1ish your time you will bump into the boys in the uk. they are a great crew and lots of fun to fly with. add me to your friends list and i see you within the next couple of days. enjoy.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

Welcome shano26 - I sent you a friend request so I could invite you to games. I'm also in the Pacific Time zone and usually get on around 8:00pm as well. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later but usually on pretty regularly.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood has had me tied up for a few days, but will try to still get some flyin time in.

Cya soon!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

hey, im brand new to il2 and got the game yesterday for the ps3, im a big fan of flight sims such as european air war but have never seen il2 before, this seems to be a fantastic game and ive started playing it on realistic with a stick i live in britain so i am on in GMT, i am a huge fan of the german war planes and have always had a soft spot for the bf 110 i look foward to joining the online commuity and getting involved in the multiplayer soon, so hey i guess
Old 12-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

welcome bf110legend,

you are in great company. there are a lot of guys on here in the uk who play this regularly. check out some of the threads and get to know them. right now black ops has put a damper on games but they will get more plentiful here soon. good luck and have fun...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

Default Hi everyone

I go by the nick of MaxOverkill. I'm on Xbox, Pacific Coast time. I used to fly Il Sturmovic 1946 on PC till I fried my Motherboard. Flew online at Hyperlobby which hosted loads of games ranging from arcade to realistic, European theater to Pacific. My preference for flying is full cockpit realism, no icons.

I've looked everywhere for a thread re: joysticks for use on xbox but I haven't found anything. I'm afraid Xbox doesn't support this feature?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

hey Max, welcome to the forum. i am EST on xbox so add me to your friends list...GT Bobbysockser. the best stick for the X is an ace edge....you can go for the saiteks but they dont seem to hold up. do a search of the forum if you have a question about something...check out the xbox threads and get to know the guys. there are still games going on but black ops seems to have hit it hard. hang in there tho....there are good games to be had. hope to see you in the skies soon.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Heyo.

Just picked up Birds of Prey, and would love to play it online (mainly why I got it)

My gamertag is GarnetCrowAX. See you there.