Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Default This article say's multi-player !!!

'Apache: Air Assault' (ALL) Gets Release Date - New Screens
by Rainier on Aug. 30, 2010 @ 1:34 p.m. PDT
Apache: Air Assault is a helicopter combat game, where players control a variety of lethal Apache attack helicopters outfitted with cutting-edge military weaponry. The goal in Apache: Air Assault is to prevent terrorist attacks by raining down destruction from above in the world’s most volatile warzones.
Apache: Air Assault features more than 16 multi-stage missions involving air and ground strike operations off the coast of Africa, the mountains of the Middle East and the jungles of Central America, each meticulously created using high resolution map data from real-world satellite photography. Apache helicopters are some of the most sophisticated combat aircraft on the planet - the player gets to fly multiple variations of them, each with their own extreme firepower and highly-detailed damage modelling.

The game can be played based on the player’s tastes - Arcade Mode allows players to easily pick up the controls and jump right into the combat. The Realistic mode showcases the real depth of the title, where the dedication to realism and precision shines through. The local Co-op Campaign Mode lets two players team up in the same Apache with one as the pilot and the other as the co-pilot in a joint effort for a truly authentic combat flight experience. For those that want to go even further, Apache: Air Assault includes competitive online multiplayer matches such as Team Deathmatch, Ground Attack, Capture the LZ, and Ground Strike. http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/8/30/news/76540/

Last edited by sirbutchford; 10-19-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Default Another article

News2:56 PM on 9/21/2010 by Jim "txshurricane" McLaughlin

Co-Optimers have been vocal on both sides of a raging Apache: Air Assault debate - should the game allow each player their own chopper, or only as pilot/gunner combinations? Okay...it's not really a raging debate...not much of a debate at all... And yet developer Gaijin Entertainment has answered the call nonetheless.

This November up to four players will be able to fly their own Apache-branded helicopter in 13 unique online-only co-op missions. For couch co-op fans, splitscreen support for the gunner seat is available in the 16 single-player campaign missions. It's an odd combination of online/offline and campaign/separate modes, but we'll take it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

I think its safe to say this game will defo have online versus mode, jus watched the gamescon apache air assault interview on you tube & he says up up to 8 people can battle it out (Oh yea). Plus the games running in the bck ground, in the menu screen & clearly says versus mode amongst others. Cant wait.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH1979 View Post
I think its safe to say this game will defo have online versus mode, jus watched the gamescon apache air assault interview on you tube & he says up up to 8 people can battle it out (Oh yea). Plus the games running in the bck ground, in the menu screen & clearly says versus mode amongst others. Cant wait.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

I wonder why he just says "In Europe"?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I wonder why he just says "In Europe"?
Erm.....

thought you knew? its a Europe only release, means they spend less on distribution etc and see how they go from their, maybe release it in America in a year or so depending on sales.

Your in Europe anyway aren't you so its all good? feel for those poor souls in USA/Canada

I joke by the way, its released everywhere. It mentions Europe because thats where this press briefing was held.

Last edited by trk29; 10-21-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

IIRC its released in europe for PC. i think the emphasis was it was made for consoles. so they will be sold everywhere for xbox and ps3 but the PC only users in the west will have to wait?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Is it seriously not getting a release in North America? Seems crazy to do that to me. PS3 games are region free so imports for enthusiasts but it's not going to help the widespread uptake of the game. With this, the uncertainty over multiplayer and going up against Call Of Duty:Slapped Together In 12 Months Edition I can see some poor sales ahead.
I still can't wait personally and hoping my pre order arrives a couple of days early

Edit: I see now it's the PC version not gettin NA release

Last edited by dkwookie; 10-21-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Last edited by Zatoichi_Sanjuro; 10-22-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Wow it looks good thanks for the post. The ground looks really good close up too.

Last edited by trk29; 10-22-2010 at 12:46 AM.