Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Battle of France as add on?
Yes, will buy this. 55 58.51%
OK, if for free. 21 22.34%
No, looking forward to Eastern front. 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Hmmm.........unstickied.

Good job fellas.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
Hmmm.........unstickied.

Good job fellas.

Think it has more to do with the fact that we already got all the answer/s we are going to get, regardless of question, in the past and in the furure. Cant say, not allowed, no plans, maby, wait for announcement..well you get the picture.

No need to stickie it when the "communication" is all done.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Actually Anders if you had read anything on this thread before pissing off B6 you would have seen that some of the questions were getting good answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Actually Anders if you had read anything on this thread before pissing off B6 you would have seen that some of the questions were getting good answers.

The real shame being hundreds were reading the words from B6, but only a few has changed that for now.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_And View Post
I dont care if its a sticky or not.. There is only one sided communication anyway. Us asking for info. And the more info we want, the quieter they get leading to us asking even louder till the point where they get angry and like a little kid refuse to say anything at all. I said it many months ago and say it again, they have noone working on CLOD. Most bugs take a few days hard work to fix, but it simply is not done because they dont care. They dont even play CLOD anymore because they are unaware of the bugs... Unbelievable nd sad but true..
Anders please! Bara håll käften!
Viking
Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
After what the 'devs' have shown of their mastery up until now, who, in the name of the devil will buy BoM?
I will buy BoM, despite MG's poor show from the latest year and a half following IL2CoD's release, not because I have faith in them (that's already lost by now too) but because I love WW2 combat flight sim, and until they'll get out of the door with their feet firsts (as a business), whatever little improvements they can add to the game will benefit us all. And I think most of us will do the same.

And I really, really wish them to pull out their head from the closet and make the code GPL or at least pick up some users from this community who want to volunteer to work on some parts of their code: they can easily deal with non-render-engine related stuff (as AI, GUI, bugs, etc.).
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post

Could you kindly direct me to those? All I've ever read is "No", "Low Priority" (which means 'not in all eternity') "not at the moment", "not before the sequel in order to suckle out a new buck". The one "Yes" I've read was for the patchnotes on the current patch (!) .

Maybe I really need to re-visit my "there is no patch" conspiracy theory. There are statements like "Radio communication is fully implemented" (this and similar things were actually brought up multiple times) "FMs fixed" and it turns out, like all the time, to be a blatant lie. Instead, people screw around with some magical fps-gain or -loss (depending randomly on who you ask) while my first comment is always :"looks like before".
Throw in some potemkin's villages like the "100oct" models (just Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, while letting a cat hopping across keyboard on the plane performance settings screen) here and there and you're set to go for a long time so you can actually work on your next cash-cow.

I've not really seen much change except engine sounds and new tracers since release, really. And I'm soooo fkin' tired of waiting it out...

P.S.: I hope someone records the whole CoD-situation from the beginning. This needs to be documented as the worst case of fumbling and crookery that has ever happened in the whole IT industry - and that has to be saved for the future. I wonder why no journalist of some gaming newspaper hasn't picked up on that, yet (most reported the game as just broken at release and wanted to do a re-vised test some time in the future). I doubt that they would find such kind words as I do...
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Falstaff

The situation *has* been recorded by many of us from the beginning, in fact since way before the beginning. And the conclusions do not make for happy viewing, more like a salutory lesson in how not to do things. The problem as I see it, has not been the drawing of conclusions (so much is blatant), but the consistent denial at so many different levels - dev/fans/forums*. Much is loyalty/happy memories/wishful thinking/cockpit-gazing. But there is no game, no BOB, not even a ghost of single player, never mind weather, that stuff in the sky that effects fighting etc....

At the end of many, many years, you have a partly finished sandbox. And that is all anyone is going to get out of Clod, at best. The rest is just how much you can be bothered to put into it. Some people like a challenge.

And now that denial is no longer possible (just too absurd) then the sibling game of 'if this is done, then that might just...' or the existence of the franchise depends on continued support'..or 'burn/bait the critics' take sover, out of sheer frustration and last gasps.

There just isn't much reality to be had. And that in itself is a huge, ongoing problem. *Still*...after all these years!

Probably enough to get me banned again. Still, I had a couple of days this time.

Ben

*meaning some Mods

Last edited by Falstaff; 09-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Bob_Marley

+1 Sad times

Last edited by Bob_Marley; 09-08-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
But there is no game
Just because YOU can't get it to run doesn't mean there is no game... it just means YOU can't get it to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.