Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

Right. And those training tracks? Before, you could actually take control of the aircraft to complete the training. Now, it's just a boring movie that doesn't really teach much at all.

What is nice is that you can make an .ntrk of an .ntrk. So, make a long recording of your flight, and then play back and re-record only the interesting bits. It's useful to add the recording indicator as this shows a timer to tell you how long you've been recording, and at what minute something noteworthy occurred. While pressing the recording hotkey creates file like "00001.ntrk" you can go into the records folder and change it to something more descriptive, like "Il2_pwns_noobs" (no spaces or some symbols allowed).

Add this line to your conf.ini under [Game]:

RecordingIndicator=1

Last edited by Luno13; 03-09-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post

Pe-8 in question lacks the rudder, however I still think it is just showing off, because it eventually returns to level flight and continues its flight nicely. Shouldn't AI be more conservative with maneuvers in such heavies?
It is not showing off, it is rolling on its side to defend itself against YOU, the german aircraft offender. Having no rudder does not impede you to successfuly roll your plane. Why the AI would be more conservative than any human pilot? This is actually bringing you more human like attitude from the AI.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I like most of the AI improvements .. but one thing that still sticks in my craw is the fact that AI will still keep flying after getting flamed. I can see if it is an engine fire and the plane goes into a dive .. but a wing fire .. the pilot should bail... or crash ... or bail and then crash .. but he definitely should not continue flying and even shooting..
If the mission writer unckecks the parachute box in the full mission builder for any particular AI flight, there is no parachute, thus no bailing out of the pilot. Besides, if it was a P-38, it can be brought home with a flaming wing for about 20 km. Sometimes yes the AI will continue to fight back, because it is the only valid option it has. Besides, do you always bail the moment you are burning in your crate?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Could have something to do with the altitude of the GATTACK point? Mine are always set low (around 500 meters). I'm fairly certain the AI would try for a "level bomb attack" even in 4.10.1 and earlier. Unless the altitude was sufficiently low.
To setup dive bombing, set the waypoint before GAttack to something higher or equal to 1500 meters. The same for the GAttack point. You must use the set button to assing the target. Then just after the GAttack waypoint, set alt to no more than 600 meters. Your dive bombing attacks will always be successful, even with rookies.
Tactical: tactical flights that flies from high above should descend to no more than 500 meters 10 km from target. Put the Gattack point much lower, and always assing a tactical boming attack, about no more than 100 meters, or even less.
Level Bombing: stay high, put the GAttack right over the target, and never assing the target with the set button. If you set the target with the set button, the flight will begin a shallow dive just like tactical bombing, and it will look odd. In level bombing the only thing that should move are the bomb day doors. Aircraft should stay straight and level. 10 km from target, align the path on a direct course to target. You might want to use even more than that, especially if there is a tight turn just before.

Torpedo attack: fly low, between 50-100 meters from sea level, at least for the last 10-20 km, until GAttack point that you assing to the ship you want to destroy. Try to use wenever possible a slight angle in your waypoint toward the stern of the target if the flight is attacking a moving ship. Assign the target by using the set button at the GAttack waypoint. Make sur you put an alt of about 500 meters after the GAttack waypoint, giving 5-10 km for the flight to pull up. Might not always work.

Kamikaze Bombing. This one is the easiest of all to set up. Just make the last waypoint of the flight to Gattack, and assing it to a target. It will ram into it. And since 4.10.1m, the bomb also detonate. Aircraft crashing into ships are actually doing real damage too.

Hope that little tutorial helped.

Hope that helps to set up good bombing tactics for the AI.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi DT,

After testing the DGen, it came to my attention that there seems to be a few changes in ground attack. After making an attack, Il-2s will regroup at a very high altitude (1000m) far away from the target, before making another attack. This might be good defense from AAA, but it exposes them to enemy aircraft. Cruising altitude is under 300 meters, sometimes at treetop height, so it's strange to see them climbing so quickly afterwords.

Also, when I asked a flight of Hs-129s to attack a ground target, they passed over the target, then split-S from 300 meters into the ground. The entire flight was destroyed.

Love all the work so far guys, but I can't wait for what's next
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOG_Hammer View Post
To setup dive bombing, set the waypoint before GAttack to something higher or equal to 1500 meters. The same for the GAttack point. You must use the set button to assing the target. Then just after the GAttack waypoint, set alt to no more than 600 meters. Your dive bombing attacks will always be successful, even with rookies.
Tactical: tactical flights that flies from high above should descend to no more than 500 meters 10 km from target. Put the Gattack point much lower, and always assing a tactical boming attack, about no more than 100 meters, or even less.
Level Bombing: stay high, put the GAttack right over the target, and never assing the target with the set button. If you set the target with the set button, the flight will begin a shallow dive just like tactical bombing, and it will look odd. In level bombing the only thing that should move are the bomb day doors. Aircraft should stay straight and level. 10 km from target, align the path on a direct course to target. You might want to use even more than that, especially if there is a tight turn just before.

Torpedo attack: fly low, between 50-100 meters from sea level, at least for the last 10-20 km, until GAttack point that you assing to the ship you want to destroy. Try to use wenever possible a slight angle in your waypoint toward the stern of the target if the flight is attacking a moving ship. Assign the target by using the set button at the GAttack waypoint. Make sur you put an alt of about 500 meters after the GAttack waypoint, giving 5-10 km for the flight to pull up. Might not always work.

Kamikaze Bombing. This one is the easiest of all to set up. Just make the last waypoint of the flight to Gattack, and assing it to a target. It will ram into it. And since 4.10.1m, the bomb also detonate. Aircraft crashing into ships are actually doing real damage too.

Hope that little tutorial helped.

Hope that helps to set up good bombing tactics for the AI.
I should have said that as a general rule I use 500 meters... but yes of course the different situations call for different altitudes
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Problem with He 111 H-6 (home base in Bessarabia)

I don't know if this is a problem with the aircraft or with the airfield, but this is what happened to me:

I've set a flight fo two He 111 H-6 to takeoff from Tatar Bunar airfield (Bessarabia AX6) and sink some soviet Hunters offshore. So far, so good, and the're precise on hitting the ships with the torpedoes.

But when they're back and land, they seem to visit every "parking spot" on the airfield, and eventually crash on fixed airfield objects...
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phabius View Post
I don't know if this is a problem with the aircraft or with the airfield, but this is what happened to me:

I've set a flight fo two He 111 H-6 to takeoff from Tatar Bunar airfield (Bessarabia AX6) and sink some soviet Hunters offshore. So far, so good, and the're precise on hitting the ships with the torpedoes.

But when they're back and land, they seem to visit every "parking spot" on the airfield, and eventually crash on fixed airfield objects...

Two questions;

-Are the "...fixed airfield objects..." that the planes are crashing into objects that YOU placed on the map?

-Are you using a modded version of IL-2?

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

Last edited by Aviar; 04-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phabius View Post

Have a look in the Bessarabia PDF read me file that came with the map originally, it shows the airfields layouts and restrictions for aircraft.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21561...bia-Readme.pdf

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 04-14-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Link is broken?

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module