Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
Here's the latest Unofficial English patch 1.02. It fixes the issue with completed missions staying in the active tab and some translation errors as well. Starting a new game is required for the changes to take effect.

Unofficial Patch 1.02

Thanks to Deadhead and Dancer.
Thanks a lot, man

Do you know there are any plot fixes? I mean patch(I read yours recommendations in this forum or others how to avoid this bug from example) for such bugs as for example after mission The Gold when Indians are attacking you?

Are there still problems with cars? Do I have to install: "CarPlacesFix", "Armored Cars"? What others if any mods do you suggested to install for comfortable playing? You know, I don't want to starting this game non-stop forever. I would like to finish it at least one time at last.

I have just one hot problem more. Mission "The Fugitives" which is giving by Felipe Orsolio. After battle I have no car (Willys if it's matter). Do you know the reason of it or what is more important, how to fix it?

Another problem is game crashes everytime when I click right mouse button on the merc portrait.

Last edited by Fletcher; 01-14-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
Do you know there are any plot fixes? I mean patch(I read yours recommendations in this forum or others how to avoid this bug from example) for such bugs as for example after mission The Gold when Indians are attacking you?
There's still no fix for the hostility bug after the gold mission, but if we find one it'll be announced and included in the patch.

Quote:
Are there still problems with cars? Do I have to install: "CarPlacesFix", "Armored Cars"? What others if any mods do you suggested to install for comfortable playing? You know, I don't want to starting this game non-stop forever. I would like to finish it at least one time at last.
The patch does not include the car armor/places mods, only "real" bug fixes. The car places fix should be added tho, I'll try to remember to add it to the next patch update.

As for recommendations for other mods, I would suggest the merc consultant mod made by guineapig, and his outsourcedconfig mod is also very useful if you wanna tweak the game to your liking. Here's a link to those(available in German and English):
http://guineapig.byethost13.com/dl.html

Quote:
I have just one hot problem more. Mission "The Fugitives" which is giving by Felipe Orsolio. After battle I have no car (Willys if it's matter). Do you know the reason of it or what is more important, how to fix it?
I'm not sure I know which mission you're talking about and what exactly happened. Did the car get blown up or did it just disappear?

Quote:
Another problem is game crashes everytime when I click right mouse button on the merc portrait.
Never heard of this exact issue before, try to check the log once it has happened and see if it has to do with missing textures. Those portraits are packed in an AZP archive and wont get corrupted so the issue must have to do with something else. Why do you right-click on the merc portraits btw? I only left-click when selecting them.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Default 7.62 mm Crashing when attempting to leave any mission area

Hello,

I have been playing 7.62mm with random crashing problems occurring mid game. Previously, I would simply reload an old saved game and carry on with no issue.

After playing for a few days the game will now crash whenever I exit an area.

I have tried installing the various unofficial updates and setting the hud directory files to read only. I have also tried playing the game on various resolution settings, graphic settings and attempted to run e6.exe as an administrator.

I am playing the Gamersgate digital download version 1.11 286.

Please help!

My log directory has a missingresource.txt file that states the following:
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\BACK.E5B
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\MISSINGTEXTURE.BMP
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\CREDITS2.JPG
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\CREDITS4.JPG
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\CREDITS5.JPG
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\CREDITS3.JPG
BMP\HUD\CREDITSHUD\CREDITS1.JPG

This is incredibly annoying as I just paid $30.00 US for the product.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62PleaseStopCrashing View Post
Hello,

I have been playing 7.62mm with random crashing problems occurring mid game. Previously, I would simply reload an old saved game and carry on with no issue.

After playing for a few days the game will now crash whenever I exit an area.
You are suffering from the most common bug in the game, the corrupted TGA issue. You need to re-install the game and then set all *.TGA files in the BMP sub-folders to read-only before you start the game. Once that's done you should be able to load some old saves and continue your game.

The "exit area" issue comes from the Map_Diff.tga file in the BMP\Hud\E6_stratmap\ folder. Check to see if it's around 16mb in size, if it isn't, it's corrupted. The other file in that directory, the STRATMAP0.TGA, should be around 4mb.

R@S
Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Default Another problem :(

Thanks the re install fixed the map exit problem. But now i have another.

I was playing under the 1680x1050 resolution setting and now the main menu has a black screen. I am unable to see anything when I start the game. If I select a lower resolution I do not have the problem?

Anyway to fix this?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

It's the same bug, corrupted TGA's that is causing your CTD's. The solution is the same, you need to re-install the game and then set all *.TGA files in the BMP sub-folders to read-only. This means ALL the TGA files in ALL the folders located in the BMP\HUD folder. There's about 17 folders in the HUD folder, and they all contain TGA files that needs to be set to read-only. And it's the files you need to set, not the folders, those makes no difference.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi R@S,
I've been reading the replies to this thread for a while now.
Have you been discussing with the developers?
You fixed a lot of problems - basically spoon-feeding the dev team the necessary solutions.
Why the reluctance to add these in an official patch? (Especially the texture corruption?)
Thanks, keep up the good work.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

I talked with the 1C representatives before I started working on the patch, and from what I know there will be no more official patches, Russian or English. I don't know why there wont be any, but I figure they have moved on to other projects that might amuse us in the future. I'm not that displeased about it, I love solving problems and the game runs fine on my system after I've done the necessary adjustments.

The TGA corruption issue can be solved with a little script that archives all the necessary files into an AZP archive OR by setting the files to read-only manually. The script is available and over at SFI, but since I'm not the one responsible for it I can't guarantee any support if it doesn't work for you. I'll see if I can make one myself and include that in the next patch release, but I can't promise anything since I'm not that good at programming.

There are a lot of people that have contributed to the patch, I'm just the guy that put it all together. We are all very lucky that the Russian guys are still working on perfecting the game. Hopefully there'll be an English compatible version of the Half Life Addon available in the future so you all can see the full potential of this awesome game.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

I've found the solutions for all of my problems from previous post before your reply but thanks anyway. Maybe not for all... RMB click on merc portrait still exist but it's not a problem. The best solution for it is to not right-click on them

I have another real problem with Willi Krauf mission. I talk to Willi then Jorge Banto then Elizario Martinez... and that's all Nothing happens. When I talk to Martinez next time I can click "I'm ready, let's go." but then I have only two choices: 1. Wait a second (...); 2. Wait a minute (...). The same thing when I leave the sector.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Ahh, that's an easy one. Just leave your car with the bartender and then talk to Elizario Martinez again. You should get the option to leave in the dialog.