Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS_Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision
Quote:
Stalker, who cares about the EULA? That is a moot point at the moment. You've totally ignored valid concerns that would come into play online. I'll mention them one more time. Taking parts out of the cockpit so only those with the mod can see better or having a mod'd 6 DOF when others don't. I'd like to know your thoughts on that since without a doubt, that would be viewed as cheating by anyone with the slightest bit of common sense.
why don't you just go on a on-line site that allows those mods buddy and really enjoy yourself. Then you will be equal to all the rest again. That's what I would do..

hell then you get to use all different new maps and new aircraft!
I have no problem with that. If someone has the mod's and they are on a "mod friendly" server, fine. The problem I have is when people go on servers using those mod's where they aren't wanted. I saw on another forum where Warclouds banned someone because they were using just the sound mod. They rectified that and let him back in, but let everyone know that mod's are not welcome. Someone else posted underneath, "well, he shouldn't have said anything and just used it". That is the part that people are worried about. Those people.

BTW, I have checked out the sound mod and the ai flyables with cockpits. Those are nice, as long as no one starts tweaking FM"s and such. The ones I don't care for are when they start removing, changing and adding parts to things that give an unfair advantage online. I hope you can see the online communities concerns there and if so, that is what needs to be discussed.
sure I can. Of course. I believe the servers will really have to control this though somehow. No use punishing the majority of people who are playing very fair just because of a few rotten apples. The one site I know of really strives to not allow any cheats whatsoever. Sites like this should be encouraged to develop mods that benefit all. Who knows with a lot more encourgment they may even be able to make a NEW uncheatable on=line version of Il-2 just for you guys..

I bet you never thought of that one..

of course you guys have attaked them so much already I don't beleve thet would to two keen on that idea!

but if you actually met them half way they might consider it still..
Now this is the kind of sensible conversation we need to be having. I agree with all points here. In fact, I removed the 6DOF mod because it is potentially controversial and I do want to be able to fly on all servers without having an unfair advantage. None of the other mods offer an unfair advantage so far. I think the mod community and the opposing community need to work together to come up with a viable solution that offers at least the following:

1. A "mod friendly" environment for those that want to do pretty much whatever.

2. A way to have completely stock il2 guarentied.

3. And a way for those who want the middle ground, additional flyables and better sounds/texture/maps, but no unfair advantages and definitely no FM/DM changes.

If we can come up with a way to do this and then self police the cheaters I think we'll make something good of all this mess yet.
In the end I admit it takes the community, especially those on servers that know each other, to police itself. I've seen all the mod's available and most do not offer any type of advantage over another player.

On that same note, there are ideas floating around there that suggest things that could offer said advantage. It's nothing drastic or anything to do with FM, DM or weapon modification, just things like I mentioned before about the 190 bar removal. Thats great for offline, but for online, I have to say I'd say no way unless everyone has it, but they won't.

As far as the Frankenplane ideas, although they may be cool ideas in a way, I don't really support that, even though it is only a visual modification.

Overall it seems like the guys that run that site have made it clear that they will not support any FM, DM or weapon modifications whatsoever. That for me makes me feel a little better.

Concerning the EULA, we shouldn't really even worry ourselves about that. It hasn't gotten any of us anywhere and none of us are lawyers or are we representing 1C or UBI. I hear what both sides are saying, valid points, but it is just taking this thread down the drain.

What can we do to 1. keep online play fair and clean?
2. have both sides coexist in peace?

There has to be some middle ground otherwise you can just kiss this sim and community goodbye.
and it only takes 9 pages to reach said conclusion.........
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

I wonder how many mods are made and only used by the maker, or shared between the maker and a few of his friends on-line....no doubt that they exist.....That's why I say IL-2 is dead for on-line competion, but fun is still possible on-line, till bob gets here
Old 12-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
In the end I admit it takes the community, especially those on servers that know each other, to police itself. I've seen all the mod's available and most do not offer any type of advantage over another player.

On that same note, there are ideas floating around there that suggest things that could offer said advantage. It's nothing drastic or anything to do with FM, DM or weapon modification, just things like I mentioned before about the 190 bar removal. Thats great for offline, but for online, I have to say I'd say no way unless everyone has it, but they won't.

As far as the Frankenplane ideas, although they may be cool ideas in a way, I don't really support that, even though it is only a visual modification.

Overall it seems like the guys that run that site have made it clear that they will not support any FM, DM or weapon modifications whatsoever. That for me makes me feel a little better.

Concerning the EULA, we shouldn't really even worry ourselves about that. It hasn't gotten any of us anywhere and none of us are lawyers or are we representing 1C or UBI. I hear what both sides are saying, valid points, but it is just taking this thread down the drain.

What can we do to 1. keep online play fair and clean?
2. have both sides coexist in peace?

There has to be some middle ground otherwise you can just kiss this sim and community goodbye.
I agree with absolutely everything you just said. This is what we should be doing. We have too much work to do to find a solution to be at eachothers throats as we have been. We have a lot of talented people in the community, hopefully we have a programmer or two that can come up with some sort of filecheck system.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Sry Stalkervision, u and your buddies may THINK u have valid "arguments"...but that doesnt make it so. U people are so of base its not even amusing.

Now, i could sit here pointing out everything u are wrong in, but alas, i wouldnt say anything that hasnt been said allredy and still u puke your "logic" all over the place, wich tells me your just yet another snot nosed kid who think he knows best without actually HAVING a clue

Online community: selfless whiners?....are u for real?

Now, mosy on over to your halfassed BoB sim and repeat your mantra to someone who actually have an intrested. They actually support mods..and still u are over here lollying about...what is that?

Jesus H Christ on a popsicklestick!! Oleg, 1C, pretty much everyone with a say in the matter have said NO, NO, NO..Oleg himselfe said in no unsertain terms what he thinks about it and the damage it have done to the release of 4.09 and in extention to uppcomming BoB, and still u and your buddies keep it up...what the hell is wrong with u? Did u hit your head at an early age? Traffic acciden?..or are u and your kiddie gang just THAT dence? What?

The 2 sides need to come up with a way to coexist in peace and harmony?

1 side need a reality check thats for sure.

My appoligizes to the mods but i just cant keep tiptoing arround this matter any longer.

No one should have to read this kind of garbage and not be able to post suiteble responses.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

Demanding acceptance of derailing the game altoghether is just as naive as thinking the devs don`t mind.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Your wasting your breath...its impossible to argue with the skewed logic.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERPANTS
Sry Stalkervision, u and your buddies may THINK u have valid "arguments"...but that doesnt make it so. U people are so of base its not even amusing.

Now, i could sit here pointing out everything u are wrong in, but alas, i wouldnt say anything that hasnt been said allredy and still u puke your "logic" all over the place, wich tells me your just yet another snot nosed kid who think he knows best without actually HAVING a clue

Online community: selfless whiners?....are u for real?

Now, mosy on over to your halfassed BoB sim and repeat your mantra to someone who actually have an intrested. They actually support mods..and still u are over here lollying about...what is that?

Jesus H Christ on a popsicklestick!! Oleg, 1C, pretty much everyone with a say in the matter have said NO, NO, NO..Oleg himselfe said in no unsertain terms what he thinks about it and the damage it have done to the release of 4.09 and in extention to uppcomming BoB, and still u and your buddies keep it up...what the hell is wrong with u? Did u hit your head at an early age? Traffic acciden?..or are u and your kiddie gang just THAT dence? What?

The 2 sides need to come up with a way to coexist in peace and harmony?

1 side need a reality check thats for sure.

My appoligizes to the mods but i just cant keep tiptoing arround this matter any longer.

No one should have to read this kind of garbage and not be able to post suiteble responses.

You haven't explained why we are "so off base" whatsoever. You COULD explain why...

You COULD HUH..? Go right ahead buddy. I need a good laugh.....

don't you just love post lurkers that jump in to insult you, say everything you said was wrong but can't be bothered to explain why because ahhh.."It has been all said before" and then just disappear. Then a few dill-holes jump in to agree with even less information..

and Underpants you have no clue whatsoever and I truly mean WHATSOEVER to how good BOBWOV is now and I am just as glad because I wouldn't want a complete tool like you over there to ruin it..

keep flying your ahh "realistic" non-torque propeller planes underpants....
Old 12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

it´s all a waste of time.
to argue with stalkervision and his lookalikes is of no use.
them people have, in my opinion, not the equipment for a real diskussion, i.e a functional brain.
to fight against stupidity is a lost cause.
of course there will be a reply and to everybody, except the previously called people, it will have no real meaning.
And to seperate the online and offline community;
When i started il2 i played offline, i had no need for a community. ok some people made skins, some missions that was fine, but no real community.
And it was still the dumb, cheating ai i was fighting, in short: offline is mostly for loners and the poor folks without internet.
That changed with online gaming. Intelligent adversaries, no two missions the same, contact and talking to people all over the world with the same interest, thats what i call a community.
Now i´m really writing too much, the people who fear for the community think like me and the other can´t or don´t want to understand.
robtek
Old 12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Wasting time is talking with you fools...
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

I hope you guys do know the way you troll the modders and off line folk they could care less now about listening to you anymore and will just go on doing their own thing and making huge improvments to the game while you keep crying and whining like little girls worried someone might cheat on you in an on-line session of shoot um up doom....
Closed Thread