Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

There are mods that gives you the opportunity to fly em, i just dont dare to post the name of em here

i wish the modders and TD could merge and focus on keeping this sim truly alive, rather waging wars on what to use :/ cause thats whats going on right now
Old 02-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Smile

P-39 F

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...p-39f1_953.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...p-39f2_151.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...p-39f3_195.jpg

P-39F

P-39F-1
Bell Model 15B, production variant with three-bladed Aeroproducts constant speed propeller, 12 exhaust stacks; 229 built.

TP-39F-1
One P-39F converted as a two-seat training version with additional cockpit added in nose— no armament.

P-39F-2
27 conversions from P-39F-1 with additional belly armor and cameras in rear fuselage.

Name: Bell P-39F Airacobra Bell P-39F Airacobra
Original title:
Original Name: Bell P-39F Airacobra
Category:
Category: Fighter Fighter Aeroplane
Manufacturer:
Producer: Bell Aircraft Corporation, Buffalo , New York , USA (USA)
Production Period:
Production Period: DD.MM.1942-DD.MM.YYYY
Built pieces:
Number of Produced: 229
The first take-off:
Maiden Flight: DD.MM.YYYY
Crew:
Crew: 1
Basic charaketeristika:
Basic Characteristics:
Takeoff and landing:
Take-Off and Landing: CTOL - Conventional Take-Off and Landing CTOL - conventional take-off and landing
Leaf arrangement:
Arrangement of Wing: monoplane monoplane
Arrangement of the airplane:
Concept Aircraft: Classical conventional
Chassis:
Undercarriage: Retractable Retractable
Landing gear:
Landing Gear: Round Wheels
Technical data:
Technical Data:
Empty weight:
Empty Weight: 2460 kg 5423 lb
Takeoff Weight:
Take-off Weight: 3558 kg 7845 lb
Maximum takeoff weight:
Maximum Take-Off Weight: 3719 kg 8200 lb
Wingspan:
Wingspan: 10.36 m 34 feet
Length:
Length: 9.19 m 30 ft 2in
Height:
Height: 3.78 m 12 ft 5in
Wing area:
Wing Area: 19.79 m 2 213 ft 2
Wing loading:
Wing Loading: ? kg / m 2 ? lb / ft 2
Propulsion:
Propulsion:
Category:
Category: Piston piston
Number of engines:
Number of Engines: 1
Type:
Type: Allison V-1710-35 on the performance of 846 kW
three blade propeller adjustable Aeroproduct 0-35 "target =" _blank "> Allison V-1710-35 power 1150 hp
three blade propeller adjustable Aeroproduct
Fuel tanks capacity:
Fuel Tank Capacity: ? ?
Outputs:
Performance:
Maximum speed:
Maximum Speed: 579.4 1) km / h 4572 m 360 1) miles in 15000 ft
Cruising speed:
Cruise Speed: ? km / h? m ? in mph? ft
Rate of climb:
Climb Rate: 12.9 m / s 2540 ft / min
Time to exit height:
Time to Climb to: 9.1 min to 6096 m 9.1 min to 20000 ft
Operational ceiling:
Service Ceiling: 9784 m 32100 ft
Range:
Range: 965.6 km 600 mi
Maximum range:
Maximum Range: ? km ? me
Armament:
Armament: 1x 37 mm cannon fixed Oldsmobile T-9 in the axis of the propeller
2x 12.7 mm machine guns fixed Browning M2 into trunk
4 x 7.62 mm machine gun fixed in the wing Browning

226 kg bombs 1x fixed 37-mm Oldsmobile T-9 cannonn
2x fixed fuselage-mounted .50 caliber Browning M2 machine gun
4x fixed wing-mounted .30 Browning Machine Gun

500-lb bombs
User states:
User States: USA (USA)
USA (USA)
Note:
Note: 1) 539 km / h in 1525 m, 521 km / h 7625 m 1) 335 mph at 5000 ft, 324 mph at 25000 ft

The F to D differed from the version using a new hydraulic propeller Aeroproduct maintaining a constant speed. Another noticeable change on sight was modified exhaust system, which accounted for Model F series of 12-exhaust openings on each side of the engine.

I would very much like it if you guys touched up the model greatly, smoothing it more, and perfecting shapes, thinning the radio line, and fixing the tessellation in some areas such as near the prop cone. Thanks guys - Oh yeah and make sure it gets its own FM!!

Last edited by orangefood; 02-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Not really. Historically the background colour decided which simplified Balkenkreuz was to be used - light background (i.e. RLM 76) means black simplified Balkenkreuz and dark background (i.e. RLM 83) means white simplified Balkenkreuz. To be historical we'd need to have three separate NM slots per aircraft ... but as I said this is questionable ATM.
Just curious - do you happen to have access to a copy of JaPo's book on K-4 camo and markings? There is, for instance, a K-4 of 9./JG 77 (White 3) which has the black/white fuselage cross. Nothing can be seen of the underwing crosses, but the authors have also interpreted is a black/white cross.

EDIT: there are other photos in the book which show underwing black/white crosses.

Last edited by LukeFF; 02-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

No I don't but TBH arranging the markings is always going to be an exercise in making a generic application which will not fit all possible exceptions.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Concerning repeated requests for Mod content

I saw a post on the first page requesting the inclusion of Canons map, nothing against Canon but his map contains too many "Mod" and "borrowed objects" to be used by TD.
I would suggest the 352nd map for two reasons 1. less objects (better framerates) 2. textures are closer to IL-2 standards. The only way you will see any Modded content from outside of TD is if they submit it to TD themselves, you can't just request they include it and in this there may be some difficulty as there are some Modders in the community who are unlikely to cooperate this way even though some of these are quite attractive. I would suggest if some of you want these things bad enough that you contact them and request they do so properly rather than make suggestions here. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

What I would like to see is the inclusion of work made out of the limits of the original limitations, for example, number of polygons on an aircraft or in the cockpits, to include planes and remade cockpits WELL ABOVE the standard of the game. The fact that PCs are now much more powerful that what was available in 2001 or 2003 would make this changes available, even for today's average PC. Mine is 3 years old and runs with mods like remade cockpits and 3D of new models without trouble.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

hi all what is the best setting for the joystick dead band and filtering??
Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krt_Bong View Post
I would suggest the 352nd map for two reasons 1. less objects (better framerates) 2. textures are closer to IL-2 standards
To pull this particular tooth once and for all there will not be a map of the Channel area in Il-2 in a patch released by TD. This was specifically mentioned in the agreement with 1C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
What I would like to see is the inclusion of work made out of the limits of the original limitations, for example, number of polygons on an aircraft or in the cockpits, to include planes and remade cockpits WELL ABOVE the standard of the game. The fact that PCs are now much more powerful that what was available in 2001 or 2003 would make this changes available, even for today's average PC. Mine is 3 years old and runs with mods like remade cockpits and 3D of new models without trouble.
Not gonna happen. Team policy is to do things by the book and only include stuff that fulfills the tech specifications. 250MB+ cockpit textures or 20000 poligons aircraft are simply a waste of PC ressources, especially when a similar result can be achieved with a lot less texture size and poligons. It just takes more work.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPITACE View Post
hi all what is the best setting for the joystick dead band and filtering??
You're in the wrong thread.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
No I don't but TBH arranging the markings is always going to be an exercise in making a generic application which will not fit all possible exceptions.
OK, no problem.
Closed Thread