Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
here's another one from me..

It's all done with bop screenshots but i stitched them together for a better field of view..

(ignore the fact that the lighting is all over the show!)
exelent work winny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Hi draux,

Sure. As a formality I'll have you join the Friends or P-51 Mustang Purist Club first. All that's needed is that you're commited to playing your matches and play by the rules.

You're on the waiting list. Where are you from?

MAC
Great! I live in North Carolina UTC -5 . Dont know if I should still pick a home map, but I'll claim Britain.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
To save me a bit of time (yes I'm that lasy ) I went and found this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...=ps3+save+data

A bit down the first page should show the data, just paste (unzipped I think) onto a memory stick, put it into the console. Go to the save data section, you'll see the USB drive option and you can copy it over so you don't need the card in. Though trophies will be locked out, you'll have most of the aircraft.
Warning though, That may be a rusty explanation! (I'm sure someone can clarify)

If It doesn't work then you can rely on me getting off my but and trying it with mine! Enjoy!
Problem is I dont have a usb stick.
I have changed my mind though I am unlikely to win anything so I might just sit this one out as i have alot of things going on in the next few weeks namely my birthday.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Talking tournament

hello JRHOODY1 here i would like 2 join this tournament could you please let me know what i must do to qualify
Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Hello JRHOODY good 2 c u are back in the air . I think u will have 2 join the friends of the 51 club first.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHOODY1 View Post
hello JRHOODY1 here i would like 2 join this tournament could you please let me know what i must do to qualify
Okay JRHOODY1, you're on the friend's list. No problem for you to join the tournament since TheMeistor knows you. Please make sure you know the rules and play all your scheduled matches.

Welcome to the tournament!

MAC

PSN: Is this your PSN, and where are you from?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Waiting list full, on to next

Hi everybody,

Happy to confirm we had our last position in the first waiting list filled today, so could move this group of four into the confirmed participants group. Welcome to the tournament gentlemen. As of now we have 20 participants and a waiting list for the next four. Last chance to apply is Friday, 14th of January, 2359UTC.

MAC
Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Player info

Greetings fellow flyers.

I am looking forward to this tournament, and to try to battle you guys in the skies again.

This is my player info:

Homemap: Sicily
Prefered days: Monday to Thursday
Prefered time: 10 pm and out ECT+1
Connection ratio: Down 4 mbit/sec - up 0,4 mbit/sec
PSN id: kavorland

Mac
Maybe we should ad this info at every player at the list of participants ?

Flight log:

Quarter final against Mirgervin.
The match set at Britain, evening and clear weather. On my recce flights I bumped into edal and wolfsalt on this map earlier in the day. They both tought me a lesson in T&B fighting and I had to reconcider my tactics against Mirgervin. I also found the D5 easy to spot under these conditions, and prayed that Mirgervin would use this.
As he is the better pilot, I needed to be the better tactic. We met late evening and set of, both in the B
As I guessed Mirgervin where a low level T&B fighter, much better then me. I chose to go high, get a birds eye on things, spot him first and B&Z him.
After a long search I spotted him below me, maneuvered in position and commenced attack but lost him out of sight against the ground. I broke of to stay undetected and repositioned my self. Same procedure again and lost him again, d_mn him for choosing the B version. Third time, he spots me and gets the better position, wings me on approach and I am to damaged to regain position, he gets me. From respawn I head straight at him, leveled head on, he gets the better aim and hits my left wing, I believe I got some shots in him but my left wing is read. As of this my turn becomes to wide and he is obviously not that damaged as he is on my six again and gets me the second time. Respawn, but time is against me and dont get to reencounter.

Stabler put up a good fight in first match. I have been grounded for a week and made some silly mistakes in the first match and Stapler got me good.
Recovered some in the second. Good flying and finally airborne again.
Stapler won the first with nasty figures, I won the next with a scream....

Second leg in the tourney. Had reaper and Joed70 schedueled.
First match out against reaper on my home map. He got the first kill from a head on. Next one I out turned him and shot him down. The match battled to and from in tight turns and clean shots. I ended up killed 3 times and reaper 2 but crashed 4. Total reaper 3/4 and me 2/3, I win.
Rematch on reapers turf, Dover. He got me again on the first encounter and again I retaliated. After that I missed out on the next encounter, lost him outta sight and had to pay for that as he got behind and shot me down.
Reaper in the lead and turned defensive. In my quest for my next kill we ended uo above Scotland where reaper was at high altitude, in my climbchase I got to eager and didnt see him turn down on me. A beautiful B/Z kill from reaper and he had 3 vs 1. Respawn and picked him up again, manoeverd behind him, but the fox throttled of as I was in shoot range, I overshoot and missed out. Reaper wins the second of two great games.

Next up was Joed70. He had returned to his ps3pad. He managed to get some shots in me in both matches, but in the turns he had problems in spinning out and became easy pray. 2 wins to me. Great game Joed.

Rematch against Olife. I hosted on the Sicily map. First encounter was a straight head on were Olife made some hits. Banking right after the pass. my plane was to damaged to keep flyin. Olife scores. Respawned and of to another head on, same happens again. evasive manuever set to late yet again. Next time I managed to get around him and get some hits, Olife grounds it. Olife 2 me 1 when I hit a roof at low level. Then Olife starts his evasive manuevers and I am left chasing him through half Italy and ends up in yet another total f**k roof.
Olife 2 kills 2 deaths and me 1 kill 4 deaths.....

Second match against Macademic. He hosted at Sicily, the coast and flew the D5. Mac went for altitude advantage from start. After finally spotting him high up, my climb started, trying to stay undedected. From Macs movements, I had to abort and re-establish climb patterns. After a long climb, I managed to come on his six and got a lucky hit. Mac turned downwards, and we went spiralling towards the sea. He was constantly performing advanced evasive manuevers but I managed to get some more hits as we went downwards.
At sea level, he almost managed to out manuever me at low level/low speed turns but luckily for me he overperformed and spun out to crash in the sea. From respawing Mac comes right out in leveled flight attacking me. My evasive maneuver is set to late and he hits me slightly, but I manage to stay out of his aim and in control of the plane and as we battle around time runs out. A very thight and good fight.

Tonight was the first match night in the tourney for me.
I had scheduled matches with Olife. We battled two matches against each other and Olife won both.
Unfortunatly we both missed out on the respawn/disengagement rule in both matches. As of this we agreed, after consulting Mac, to cancel the first and schedule a rematch as this match was the one suffering most from this.
Later on I hosted a match against Mac and got lucky.
Learning from my tactical errors against Olife, I managed to get the upper hand and held it through the match.
Thanks to you both guys.

Last edited by KAV; 02-18-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Any news on standby places? I have just upgraded from 22" to 32" BoP screen so sim is now a possibility!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdomini View Post
hello friend nice to read from you again

Thanks for including me in your list eheh but my flying skills are pretty rusty, i need some training before the tournament... and you are the most dangerous BF109 pilot i've ever met into il2 game!

I have been playing with almost all the player that have been signed up in the tournament, and they are very good and hard to beat! That would be a real challenge and, most of all, a real super fun!

Some of my very personal consideration about....

themeistor has showed a very fast and deadly learning about how to rule il2 pixels sky! Very very strong player. Hard to beat.

wolfsalt nicknamed "the evil" by me real ace, can't beat him

Olife and Mirgervin Well? What can i say? i simply can't beat them lol. I feel like they are very old player and have been supporting this game by playing it online for AGES.... it would be nice if they would get some prizes Feeling like they deserve it

macademic "the teacher"... flying following his rules, he flyes like a ghost.... invisible and uncatchable! Also very creative and full of will

I have never met Edal86 in game but i fear like he's super strong I've seen him on 1st place on the ladder list for several months....

See you soon!
millions thanks great ace!!!!but u proved u beat me easy!!!u are a real great great ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a real flying evil!!!would be very nice if u win some prizes too!!!
100 % agree with your aces list!!!(exept me )