Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-15-2017, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Reuban View Post
Those descriptions when starting new game are not altered so that info is false. These are Ultimate challenge v4 settings with Impossible as percentages:

Enemy strength 700%
Gold 70%
Rage 10%
Dragon 15%
(Experience 7%)

Also Reha and Shettera enemies are much harder.
I see that experience is 7% is that for the dragon or for Amelie? Also if I wanted to mess with those percentages what file/s would I go to?
Old 08-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandu21 View Post
I see that experience is 7% is that for the dragon or for Amelie? Also if I wanted to mess with those percentages what file/s would I go to?
Dragon EXP is 15% and Amelie 7%.

Look for config/logic.txt

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|14.2 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|6.4 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ
Old 08-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Dragon EXP is 15% and Amelie 7%.

Look for config/logic.txt

exp=4.0|4.0|4.0|14.2 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=1.8|1.8|1.8|6.4 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=0.7|0.7|0.7|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=0.5|0.5|0.5|0.1 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ
I am a little confused on how to adjust those settings. I would like to keep the enemy strength and money as is, but change the rage and dragon to 50. As for Amelie's exp, I have never seen it referenced in any mod so I don't know what the original setting for it was, but as long as I can get close to max level with the 7% that's fine.

Looking at the percents the only one that makes sense is the money string - 0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 because the 0.7 could mean 70% but all the other numbers I don't know how they add up to the percentages you posted.

Any help with adjusting this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old 08-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I am a little confused on how to adjust those settings. I would like to keep the enemy strength and money as is, but change the rage and dragon to 50. As for Amelie's exp, I have never seen it referenced in any mod so I don't know what the original setting for it was, but as long as I can get close to max level with the 7% that's fine.

Looking at the percents the only one that makes sense is the money string - 0.4|0.4|0.4|0.7 because the 0.7 could mean 70% but all the other numbers I don't know how they add up to the percentages you posted.

Any help with adjusting this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
spexp and exp are divisors. So Dragon to "50%" (0.5) would be 1/0.5 = 2.

6.4 means it's 1/6.4 = 0.15625, that is "15%".

With exp 14.2 setting achieving max level (you mean 50) may be very hard (impossible?) to achieve as I also tweaked exp table so that after level 35 much more experience is needed for levelup.

Other than exp and spexp are multipliers so alead=7.0 means 700% stronger enemies, money=0.7 is 70% money, rage=0.1 is 10% rage and manarage=0.1 means speedy rage and mana loss outside combat.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
spexp and exp are divisors. So Dragon to "50%" (0.5) would be 1/0.5 = 2.

6.4 means it's 1/6.4 = 0.15625, that is "15%".

With exp 14.2 setting achieving max level (you mean 50) may be very hard (impossible?) to achieve as I also tweaked exp table so that after level 35 much more experience is needed for levelup.

Other than exp and spexp are multipliers so alead=7.0 means 700% stronger enemies, money=0.7 is 70% money, rage=0.1 is 10% rage and manarage=0.1 means speedy rage and mana loss outside combat.
Thanks for all the info. You are one of the few people who I have come across who actually help those whose ask to adjust their mods. Instead of telling people to just make their own.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. You are one of the few people who I have come across who actually help those whose ask to adjust their mods. Instead of telling people to just make their own.
Modders may do what they want with mods they have made. I do this my way, others may do their way.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Ultimate Challenge file modified v5

I played until late game with Ultimate challenge file modified v4, game was hard but not hard enough. Based on my experiences, I made following changes from v4:

General:

Less leadership from levelup
Much less k_lead (=leadership from banners)
Less starting rage
Less starting intelligence
Asmadeo gets bit more health and bit less attack/defence per levelup
Asmadeo skills got slight modification
Starting gold increased by 10000, use it wisely
Experience divisor upped to 18 (was 14.2)
Money reduced to 0.5 (was 0.7)
Pet dragon experience divisor lowered to 6.2 (was 6.4)
Manarage upped back to normal levels (0.4) as previous value made rage drop even too quickly (was 0.1)

Amelie changes:

Amelie item slots are now much more versatile to allow quite radical item loadouts and also to balance less leadership. Slot icons are what they are but you can see what fits into slots. Not to mention offer something new so that I have more motivation trying this again

Companion changes:

Elenhel now gives +8 intellect

Spell changes:

- Many spells mana cost increased

Rules same as before

- Impossible difficulty of course as settings are modified only for it.
- Play as Mage
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mages tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1200. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells, you may still sell them

To clarify what I said earlier about "use all means available". It does not include luring enemies away from hard_to_get navigation charts (those guards that require you to go Very close), this mod should be playable without using that trick. However you quite probably need to gather navigation charts from "easy" locations. To make this more clear, there are no heavily guarded charts on Debir but at least two charts (depending on randomness) on Scarlett wind (near castle) are those hard_to_get type.

That "all means available" also does not include excess stuff kiting from "hard_to_avoid_enemies" caves. Again to make it clear, White crystal cave and Magic circle cave are "easy" while Old mist cave is "hard".

As always, rules I said above are rules I'm playing this mod with. If you want to create your own rules, go ahead. It's not my problem how others want to play my mod as I primarily made it for myself.

Install:

- Install Red Sands extended (can be loaded from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom0...ended_0813.rar )
- Make backup of ...red_sands\ directory
- Zip file now contains four directories. Extract all directories to ...red_sands\ directory (so that files on directories overwrite old files) and overwrite
- Start new game
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ultimate Challenge 5.zip (253.3 KB, 57 views)
Old 01-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

believe it or not - there are still some ppl playing this
Old 02-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Smile

yes, i began a new party with redsands extended yesterday no played KB for 2 years
Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
believe it or not - there are still some ppl playing this
yes i am héhé