Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
The funny thing is that was my initial reaction as well; how could these guys do such feats without mods or cheats? But then I just accepted it as a challenge and tried it out myself.

Man, AP is taking so long, I actually though about doing a 5 days game/102 quests (according to spare time computations, it is very possible, but you have to do some quests AFTER killing Haas), but decided against it for now since AP is coming soon and KBH might throw a fit again.

Wow, for AP the paladin unit type seems to be the shoo-in for any army build... they've upped the staying power of level 5 units as well, giving them a second look, especially black dragons and archdemons who now have some of the highest life-per-leadership ratios.
How can you do quests after beating Haas (i.e Cruel Haas)? When you get back to Greenwort, you can't leave the castle courtyard, i.e. you are blocked by a unit. So I don't think this will work. (Damn, 6 days isn't fast enough for you people? )
Old 11-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
How can you do quests after beating Haas (i.e Cruel Haas)? When you get back to Greenwort, you can't leave the castle courtyard, i.e. you are blocked by a unit. So I don't think this will work. (Damn, 6 days isn't fast enough for you people? )
Reloaded my last save from my previous run, you are correct, a unit does block the bridge preventing further adventuring after this point.

It is still possible, but more careful time management is needed. Non-quest enemies could also be skipped since I ended with 1,056,007 experience which is a good buffer away from the required 875,000(?) to achieve level 30. Skipping enemies goes against my completist nature though...

I'm just actually curious if it is possible since 5 days/102 quests gives a score of 1,747 which is higher than 6 days/103 quest score of 1,742. If any of our Russian friends could post a screenshot of such a run my curiosity would be satisfied and I won't even think of doing such a feat.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Reloaded my last save from my previous run, you are correct, a unit does block the bridge preventing further adventuring after this point.

It is still possible, but more careful time management is needed. Non-quest enemies could also be skipped since I ended with 1,056,007 experience which is a good buffer away from the required 875,000(?) to achieve level 30. Skipping enemies goes against my completist nature though...

I'm just actually curious if it is possible since 5 days/102 quests gives a score of 1,747 which is higher than 6 days/103 quest score of 1,742. If any of our Russian friends could post a screenshot of such a run my curiosity would be satisfied and I won't even think of doing such a feat.
Just let it go is my advice. Take a fortnight off and come back recharged for Armored Princess. New units, new islands, new challenge.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Just let it go is my advice. Take a fortnight off and come back recharged for Armored Princess. New units, new islands, new challenge.
Ok, letting it go, for now, at least until after I play AP. I do hope it doesn't take them till Christmas to release the English version...
Old 11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

nope, date is november 20th
Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

well i hope they ain't like blizzard keep post poning it forward
Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

mage on medium 51 days 650
Old 03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav098 View Post
mage on medium 51 days 650
Not a bad start. Now you've got something to beat.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Default first score post

I played KB since it was released but first time i post score

1387 (mage impossible)

lost one day bcz i cant defeated hass :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb1.JPG (339.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Registered Member

Hmm, I've never liked a scoring system that takes into account how many days it took to finish the game. I like to take my time, explore everything, fight everything, not rush through the game so I can get a higher score. I didn't like it in HOMM and I don't like it here.

As someone earlier said, "to each their own", but to be honest, when I see people abusing the game with all sorts of weird tricks and exploits just so they can get a bigger number at the end... I dunno, some people have a strange idea of fun.

I wonder what my score will be, probably pretty bad since I didn't rush through the game. I'm only entering the dwarven mines and it's already day 12, lol.