Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Battle of France as add on?
Yes, will buy this. 55 58.51%
OK, if for free. 21 22.34%
No, looking forward to Eastern front. 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
Perhaps we just need to hope that the chaps over at Sukhoi are reporting these issues as emphatically as we are, and that there are unbiased and objective people as well as knowledgable fans of any particular a/c over there too.

I have a question for BlackSix if I may;

Blacksix, are the development team aware of the fact that the 'engine temperature effects' setting of the game reduces the performance of all aircraft in the game by varying amounts when switched on? Affecting some aircraft more than others?

Is this an issue currently being worked on in order to reduce the effect?

Many Thanks.
+1 as it does make a big differance
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
BlackSix

Will you please point us to the Thread where you are willing to debate the FMs and which both you and the developers are reading. We would like to know that you are all aware of precisely what we are unhappy with and not just rely on what the devs may be thinking on their own. I haven't seen any acknowledgement of our specific concerns or what it is they are correcting, just 'we are working on it'.
+1
Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo211 View Post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33120

When will we get the Clouds back?
answer: - lower level clouds are back - high altitude clouds still
being worked on
"Lower level clouds are back" does mean that the clouds we have now in CloD are definitive? The same from IL2?
This is not an answer at all.

I'm asking for an improvement (if will never have it) in the cloud shapes with DX10, after 11 years from IL2 release......

Thank for the link Jumo.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 08-28-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
This last patch improved the landscape immensely by removing the objectionable 'dark square at altitude' and making the whole landscape look like, well, a landscape. I'm frankly amazed that there hasn't been a huge roar of approval for this from the forum members. Or maybe most of 'em still buzz around Hawkinge at zero feet, I dunno........

I was immensely pleased to see this in the last patch and still am.
I don't like it at all, and for my opinion is still the worst landscape ever seen for England......but this is probably due only to my low PC. However the game is still so crude that it doesn't deserve at all to waste money in a new PC when all the other sim (RoF & DCS) run perfectly also with high graphic setting.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
In the sequel will be another netcode. I can't comment this as I said.
Fantastic! It's needed badly.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

I can't help myself but I highly suspect that there will be no compatibility of CloD and the sequel anymore.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don View Post
I can't help myself but I highly suspect that there will be no compatibility of CloD and the sequel anymore.
Based on what?
They have said many times, that alot will be fixed in the sequel witch allso fix issus in CLOD. Im pretty shure there will be alot of improvement that effect CLOD in the furture due the sequels. But CLOD as a standolone will be left not finalized, but flyable.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
Fantastic! It's needed badly.
Well solved could mean a number of things, like perhaps multiplayer will be on their own servers (ie MMO)

Just saying...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

I think it's a new game that is being written, with models and maps from the COD game, but I would hazard a guess that it is installed on top of the existing one anyway. That explains why this is taking so long and why some things will be missed out on COD. If you are expecting everything in COD to be fixed standalone I don't expect that, and that's no different to the first IL2 - you had to buy sequels for changes and more kit regardless of what you thought of the first game + patches.

We know that the netcode sucks, it's refreshing to know that it was ripped up and started again. I just hope that it's not going to suck like the current one does I feel burned, personally, so I'll definitely wait to see the response of the community before buying the sequel. I'm not going through this again.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I think it's a new game that is being written, with models and maps from the COD game, but I would hazard a guess that it is installed on top of the existing one anyway. That explains why this is taking so long and why some things will be missed out on COD. If you are expecting everything in COD to be fixed standalone I don't expect that, and that's no different to the first IL2 - you had to buy sequels for changes and more kit regardless of what you thought of the first game + patches.

We know that the netcode sucks, it's refreshing to know that it was ripped up and started again. I just hope that it's not going to suck like the current one does I feel burned, personally, so I'll definitely wait to see the response of the community before buying the sequel. I'm not going through this again.
agreed