Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

RnR Main menu video has been uploaded to youtube. Looks like it was made in 2007, because big part of the video can bee seen in 2007 Trailer

Main menu video:

2007 Trailer
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Saw them yesterday thanks for posting, I was going to do it myself, but decided to wait for better quality, if there will be one..

P.S Can anyone translate them to English?

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 11-23-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Its very difficult to translate videos to English, I know because I did it before. It takes a lot of time, and you basically go frame by frame.

There is no point anymore. In a couple of days you will get videos directly from us gamers.

I will translate certain things I found interesting though...

What I think of the videos...... Wow!!!!!! The damage effects are amazing. 7:21 in the last video. Wow. Its all amazing. Well only a few more days and I can experience it.

P.S. One thing he said in the last video, its very difficult to lose the police in RnR compared to other games. The only real way is to knock them off the road. Nice.

In another video he said that if you attach a load of pipes as your trailer, your truck will not go as fast and you will feel the weight of your load.

Last edited by Ubaku; 11-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Registered Member

Couple beforehand questions for Ubaku.

Damage looks nice, one thing bothers me about it. Why dont those flapping parts break off and drop to ground. Atleast at some stage of damage. Can you UBaku show screenshot of punctured tire when you are able to play game? I wonder can there be engine etc fires on truck without deadly accident. If you blow your engine or get fuel leak for example?

Game looks good and it has depth. Physic model is pretty light looking. Truck and trailers fly around when colliding. There should be more mass behind them. Less bouncing and more crushing visual damage. The most "heavy" physic feeling was in Viper Racing. If you imagine that with trucks weight and then collide, there would be just nice deformations and not too much flying cars/trucks.

How are used trucks? Does they have already worn parts which cannot be repaired to full 100% state? Like used broken part 35%/(max 75%) which you cant repair beyond 75%. If you want 100% part you have to replace it with new part.

Thanks for advance =)
Old 11-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Approved Member

Yea I will show off the damage in detail when I play the game don't worry. And that will be some time on Thursday. (Because 27th in Russia happens on Thursday evening in America)
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

You can download the "make RnR run patch" but you still can't activate the code until 27th in Russia aka around 4pm tommorow in America. Darn it!!!!

http://online.1c.ru/games/game/5662153/index.php

But yea, those who bought it, you should download the file and install it.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

What I don't get is that they renamed Peterbilt and Kenworth. OK, obviously there's licensing issues. But what about Mack, Volvo, and International? Why can't they just rename those as well?

I still look forward to this game but it'd be a lot better if they include what was originally planned. Multiplayer was the big one: NO other truck game has it!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtruckisthebest View Post
Totally Absolutely ******* Lame that they removed so many trucks from the game. They work on a game for ******* 10 years. In year 6 they had everything perfect. From there on it went downhill. They started by adding more clothes to that slutty woman, adding the stupid bump maps and reflections, removing PEDESTRIANS (Why??), wasting time on making some lame plot, and REMOVING 5 TRUCKS. Even the TEXT on one side of the trailers is backwards. EVEN PTTM HAD IT THE RIGHT WAY.... And even this game had it in 2003... This game (I'll still play it) is going to BOMB. This is ridiculous. If I turn my game on, buy a Peterbilt, and it will have a red oval that reads TITAN, Im going to come down there and raise a hellstorm.

edit/ seriously, how do you spend 10 years making some video game and then Fail at it so completely.. Some tiny selection of 14 vehicles, no multiplayer, not even pedestrians on the sidewalk, letters backwards on trailers.. And the worst thing is that the game was actually BETTER 4 years ago then it is now. EPIC EPIC FAIL.
he has a point
Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150vanhalen View Post
anybody that has the game and the vehicle folder can you rar a truck folder up up and send it to me so i can send it to oleg of zmodler so he can figure out an import export filter for the trucks so we can mod it please?
Do you really think its going to be this easy to edit this game? Your gana need something far more advanced like 3Dstudio max.