Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchDerGrosse View Post
Is it supposed to work on win 7 either?

Where exactly should I put that "-dev" line?

mine looks like: "C:\...\KBWotN.exe" -dev

and the game still crashes after the skalds last hero.
More specific instructions would be great from anyone who's done this. @SchDerGross this doesn't prevent the crash when it works, it lets you close a dialog box causing the crash so the game can continue.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
More specific instructions would be great from anyone who's done this. @SchDerGross this doesn't prevent the crash when it works, it lets you close a dialog box causing the crash so the game can continue.
Nope.
The game stops completely after i close that box, thats why I asked if i put the "-dev" line in the right place.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Lol, I spend more time on this thread than playing the game, I am getting behind you guys on knowing about the content.
You're not the only one that feels that way. I've realized my mage has the sense weakness bug and its really killed my interest in playing on. Having 100% crit immunity is just too much like cheating.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've got sense weakness already but have questions/comments about the others.

Book of Evil and Rune Mage sound like they were both redone. I'm not sure those are bugs, though. Do they have any abilities suggesting they shouldn't be powerful and fast, respectively?

About the Adrenaline... is the problem with the Ogre, with Rage Ready, or both?

I'd like to add Regina but need more information. Is that a Valkyrie? Is it clear an attack stat increase is what we should get?

Lol, I spend more time on this thread than playing the game, I am getting behind you guys on knowing about the content.
Thank you for your hard work on this bug thread, then.

Well, looking at the enemy Book of Evil info sheet in battle (against a hero), it said that its stats are 235% boosted when the hero had maybe 15 intellect. In another battle, the Book had 85% boosted but its stats weren't much different. You're right, though. I'll have another look.

The problem with the Ogre, Adrenaline, Rage Ready thing is I can't segregate. I have only 1 orc unit available to me (Ogres) XD

Regina the Stone is Valkyrie number 4, yes, and her effect states she grants +attack to Level 5 creatures. I think it's supposed to be +16 on mine right now, but my Level 5 creatures don't display that in their stat windows. It was kind of a downer because I was using Giants, Cyclopses, Ice Dragons, Ogres and Black Dragons.

Also, Icy Rage's freeze effect works on the Lord of the North rage skill. My hypothesis is that Icy Rage works only on Olaf's skills, not the Valkyries'. However, I have never gotten a crit, which is weird when you consider LotN hits 17 spaces.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Soothsayers (Unit) - Either the description is wrong or the ability isn't working as intended. Description says that they increase their attack when allied troops receive a critical hit. Ability however activates when allied troops inflict a critical hit.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Yep, the text is wrong - and the ability works as intended, it makes sense that they receive attack when allies hit, not when they are hit.

Here is a weird bug:

See, the enemy Berserkers attacked - they used Berserk, fell into a rage, then after attacking, the text says they overcame their rage - but the Berserk state persisted. Huh.
THis screenshot also documents the "Sense Weakness" bug - my Axe Throwers will avoid critical damage, but... I don't even have that skill yet!

Also, atrocious translation is atrocious.

Seriously, what does this... garbled message even mean? A whip was telling me about its owner? LOL!

Still, this one is much worse... since it's a spell that has been used with the same description for THREE GAMES. Or heck, maybe Bless will now cause a bass attack, making your units whip out a guitar and playing a solo?

Really, 1C? Couldn't you just... use the old game's text instead of giving a TXT file to some russian guy who speaks english as well as those agents from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show? THis is sad... Seriously, I'd recall the game from the shelves, go back and work on the bugs and translation for a few months and try again.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 10-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

Your post is hilarious BB lol! Seeing these number of bugs makes me feel like waiting for to patch and expansion to put come out before I play again. Well at least for the next playthrough
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Transmute - This effect was in KBAP, and I believe said that it didn't effect kills by spells. I believe it is working as intended, but is not documented correctly.

New Bug: I'm surprised this isn't reported yet, but the Edda option that gives you bonus gold and initiative, is giving WAAAAY too much initiative. Like, it's giving +10 instead of +1, causing your units to go first each turn.

New Bug: Thread of Life goblin shaman ability is being cast on ENEMY troops! The effect life links two units, but looks like it is meant to only be cast on allies. Instead it gets cast on my sooth sayers, and an enemy ogre. When the ogre takes damage, so do my sooth sayers. You also cannot dispel it correctly (removing the effect from the sooth sayers changes nothing).

New Bug: Well, maybe. The Giant Spider does a poison spit thing... that seems to not deal poison damage, as it cuts right through Royal Snakes. It also retaliates against creatures that it can't retaliate against... once again the Royal snakes (even at melee!).

New Bug: Again, maybe. When I first reached Greenwort, my entire army was removed. While this may very well be intended, I shudder to think what would happen if I only had barely enough money to afford that army and couldn't buy anything new after that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

@Zechnophobe
Quote:
New Bug: Thread of Life goblin shaman ability is being cast on ENEMY troops! The effect life links two units, but looks like it is meant to only be cast on allies. Instead it gets cast on my sooth sayers, and an enemy ogre. When the ogre takes damage, so do my sooth sayers. You also cannot dispel it correctly (removing the effect from the sooth sayers changes nothing).
If you tried Red sands mod there new lizard unit had same ability connect some ally unit with 1 enemy and any dmg taken by ally will split in 50% to enemy (f...ked up situation if you dont realize that and make 20+ crit on that unit and lost whole stack of your units with no idea what happened As of disable not removing it ... hm , bug i guess ( just one of many).
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

This may or may not be a bug and if someone has already brought this up, I apologize for the repeat.

When I use auto-combat, the rage skills don't activate at all. I have all but one of the Valkyries. Does this maybe not work in auto-combat until you have all five? Rage skills activated on auto in both of the previous games. Granted, I didn't always like the skill chosen by the AI but at least I could set it and forget it until the battle was over when I got tired of running the show.