Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
ok i really like the fact, that the british planes now perform better again....
but at +5000meters, the hurri 100octane is outrunning,and outclimbing the 109...(even vertical)
while spits lose all their performance up there...

so give the 109 and the spits better speed and performance at those altitudes...!
Are you sure about the speed and climb?

I am getting the engine cutout bug with the Hurricanes too over 15,000 ft. They cannot use full boost, and as they climb higher, the available boost they can use is reduced from what the throttle displays as available.

They are not as bad as the Spitfires, who start to have the bug at 9000 ft, but in my experience the Hurricanes cannot compete with the 109's up high.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Since the latest patch I notice again unregular rudder hits while flight.
In the 109 and the 110 aswell.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Are you sure about the speed and climb?

I am getting the engine cutout bug with the Hurricanes too over 15,000 ft. They cannot use full boost, and as they climb higher, the available boost they can use is reduced from what the throttle displays as available.

They are not as bad as the Spitfires, who start to have the bug at 9000 ft, but in my experience the Hurricanes cannot compete with the 109's up high.
well, yeah pretty sure...maybe its not really a outrunning and outclimbing, but it seems to be at least as fast as the 109 at ~6000meters+it turns way better(correct)...i will test this with a squadmate from our No501 squadron....below 5000m the 109 is definitely faster, but it loses power with every meter.i cant say exactly which alt it was when i had 2fights yesterday against 100octane hurricanes, but it was above 5000m.i assume it was close to 6000m.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephris View Post
If you have a Saitek X-52 or X-52 pro - it's the stick not the game. Pots get dirty in the Z axis and you need open the handle and clean them with potentiometer cleaner spray.

Cheers!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Grass

Grass spawning in patches. Someone posted a video of it on this thread

Hurricane

Too sensitive on the handling, especially at speeds over 150 mph, pulls right, needs too much correctional input to keep wings level, which results in plane 'Bouncing' around when lining up a target in the sights.

Needs the weights, turning and performance from RC2 update coupled with the stable handling characteristics from RC1 & before.

Blenheim IV

Engine idle speed is too high especially when warmed up or insufficient drag.

ie: after a bombing run with 10% fuel, full landing config & neutral trim its near impossible to slow the aircraft down without a 20 mile shallow approach, it can even climb slightly with 0% throttle & picks up speed to quickly even on glide-slope. You basically have to force the nose down to the ground, or chop the fuel cocks.

Variable Speeds

A few patches ago the Blenheim's FM was tuned up, it had been pulling 230-240 mph ground level flight with 20% fuel, coarse pitch, boost cut-out on & 4xGP250's, after the patch it was increased to a more realistic 250-260 mph. Now with RC2, its back to 240-250 mph.

Specs:
Blenheim Mk IV
266 mph (231 kn, 428 km/h at 11,800 ft (3,597 m))

I tried with the same fuel and settings as above, but without bomb-load and the rear turret gun and still couldn't get anywhere near 260, only 240 at ground level and 11,800 I was pulling about 200-210mph.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephris View Post
I have this problem with a Cyborg X / F.L.Y 5, flying straight then it kicks off to the side.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

The same Problem here with Thrustmaster TL16000m.
Sometimes the rudder *flicker* from left to right.
Bevore i start the game i go to controller menu and
move the axis from min to max a few times solved the
Problem for me.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
there seems to be a exploit with the elevators you assign the left and right arrow keys and while in a dead out run, quickly 2 finger the arrow keys and it causes the plane to go faster?

http://youtu.be/1TiPEtaV5ls
What I see is you low in the dirt and a 109 with a lot of E that totally has his way with you - please show us the rest of that video because the best part is yet to be seen.

There is nothing you do not complain about. You hate everything.

I never knew anyone that can make stuff up on the fly as well as you do Mastiff. I mean right out of thin air.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
What I see is you low in the dirt and a 109 with a lot of E that totally has his way with you - please show us the rest of that video because the best part is yet to be seen.

There is nothing you do not complain about. You hate everything.

I never knew anyone that can make stuff up on the fly as well as you do Mastiff. I mean right out of thin air.
Lol nice come back like i care, but thats all i had, so your saying the game is perfect and fair. Ok?! Doc. 109s can pull rocket like turbo boosting and get away 50 mph from 180 mph , i was right on his ass 150m and he just rocketed away? Well big issue with turbo boosting on those 109s. When i get a chance ill have a fraps, as i started that fraps far to late when ha did the magic carpet ride away from me with his elevators fluttering as he rocketed away yea.
Why don't i ever see you fly a realistic spit flight modeled spit. Oh i forgot some guys prefer too not have to think and shoot.
Oh and you started the personal attack on me first i didn't mention or say any thing about any one, Im just fed up with 109s having turbo boosting speed, or maybe speed mods. But those who defend those kind of uber FMs must know something about it?! no? Hmmmm. Things that make you go hum.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

Last edited by GF_Mastiff; 10-22-2012 at 06:57 AM.