Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Pegasus_Eagle

look i have been a part of this mess from begining and im wondering y i didnt speak up sooner parden my being blunt but all this about color and this and that dont meen squat without a running game simple stuf that needs fixed and whiners about over performing spits such as the germ flyers in atag server and the devs catering to the germ planes and not saying the spits are corect so still spit is over modeld and in this patch the 109e4 is better stop all the changes and fix the core game the loadout prob the code prob that cause studder the other basic stuff that the game needs to run then worry about the color and the whimers about flightmodel and such crap

ok im finish because this is a joke and a cluster f**k
Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailantd View Post
Shots for compare, from the original stock game, from beta1 and from beta 2.
Always talking only about cockpit colors, for me original were the far better of three. Beta2 have lost all midtones with over contrast and too much saturated colors.
Original one were more contrasted than beta1 without lost all midtones and details.

Original:

Beta1:

Beta2:
Which please of these color photos is Beta 2, in sequence? top middle. or bottom? thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Which please of these color photos is Beta 2, in sequence? top middle. or bottom? thanks
each is marked...bottom is beta 2
Old 10-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Rewrote the sound engine from scratch;

wow hows the audios guys good? flybys etc , is the bombers reworked to a heavier sound yet?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunden View Post
each is marked...bottom is beta 2

Thanks, sorry..should have looked more closely. I like the beta 2 colors. just my preference..I'll download it tomorrow after the big rush. Scott
Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus_Eagle View Post
look i have been a part of this mess from begining and im wondering y i didnt speak up sooner parden my being blunt but all this about color and this and that dont meen squat without a running game simple stuf that needs fixed and whiners about over performing spits such as the germ flyers in atag server and the devs catering to the germ planes and not saying the spits are corect so still spit is over modeld and in this patch the 109e4 is better stop all the changes and fix the core game the loadout prob the code prob that cause studder the other basic stuff that the game needs to run then worry about the color and the whimers about flightmodel and such crap

ok im finish because this is a joke and a cluster f**k
Erm, amphetamine sulphate anyone?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Smiladon View Post
S! Guys,

First off I just want to thank everyone from the testers at home to the Devs in Russia,

Now, I for one will not be putting this patch on after all I have read on the problems it has caused, (Good news about sound being an improve on what it is)

I do however feel a little sorry for the Dev’s and there constant battle with this sim (Maybe they just have to bite the bullet and as everyone is saying drop the old OP sys stuff and look forward and try not to be pleasing everyone.

I also cant help but feeling some of the problem may be coming from the community the amount of pressure that a lot of people are putting on the Dev’s is quite abit and they maybe rushing things a bit which is showing in there work. Maybe if we just except that fact that this sim is not going to be a quick fix to all our problems and relax with some thing a bit different and for there guy who are hanging out for a WW2 flight sim. jut go back to IL2 UP whatever it is now, and let the Dev’s have some breathing space to do there job properly, which in the long run is beneficial to all of us.

@ The Devs, I think you guys need to perhaps out of the community pick say 30 -50 people from the forums that give good and constructive feedback and use them to be your tester’s maybe 50 -100 I don’t know but it will give you all sometime to work together with constant communication together. This is how we do it in ROF and it works really well.

We have our own forum and communicate constantly, and when we release something it goes out near perfect.

So let’s all just take a step back have some big deep breaths and let all move forward together.

I am in no way happy about the situation that we are in as well, and I have spent my hard earned money on a sim that should have been up to scratch on release but hay its not lets just except that fact and give our support and encouragement to the team.

Not the constant whine about you said the patch should be out now Blah blah stuff.

If you put it down and walk away for awhile and come back to it in a few months and see how we it going then.

Just fly something else and let COD become all it can be in time.

My 5 cents worth, you can all flame me now…lol

O_Smiladon

quoted for truth
Old 10-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

There is only one problem with this patch and that's the effects bug.

It will be resolved, it certainly can't stay like this. It is just another beta after all, lots of new good things in here.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Oh yeah, sorry forgot.

Luthier said they want to know about reduced fps.

For me there is no real performance difference to the previous beta or previous retail patch version with one expeption and that is the effects. With effects to medium, if the game does not crash, there is a very significant performance hit (lets say, depending on location and lots of clouds, from 40ish to 25ish) upon for example looking at a bomber streaming liquids while going down.

Running the lastest nvidia 285.xx beta driver.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

You bunch of whingeing sissies! I've tried it out and I cant' fault it so far. The cockpits have changed for the worse but it's hardly noticeable, you make it sound like it was garish!

The sounds are amazing and unfortunately it brings back the old IL2 sonar. If you fly with the hood down in a Spit or Hurri , or even the side window open in the Bf 109 you will hear the enemy approaching.

It was like this in the last beta patch but I don't think I opened the window of the 109. Other than that the sound is glorious!!!! Start the "Advantage Axis" mission as a Hurri, slide back the canopy and enjoy those sounds!

I just don't think it's realistic though I can understand a 109 screaming past you in a failed bounce and you hearing it but you've got a great big engine in front of you, a shit load of wind noise around you and some headphones on.