Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Later. Stressed now... where are saved games to be stored btw? Can't seem to find the place to put the zip files you linked.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Did it say something like "you have collected all the stars" ? when it ended at level 2?

I noticed some landscape errors in Mangelangeland. I'm on to that...
There was nothing about the stars, only about winning the game.

When I sail past the little island with a Cyclops and and then sail towards left, the game freezes (exe stops working). (It happeded twice but I could not reproduce it for the third time.) The same thing happens if I open the shop window of the animal trainer when it is empty and click on it.

I am not going to look for possible misspellings, but one made me stop and wonder for a while: In the beginning Acrimaldo says: I could not bare to see my friend hurt, while he should say "I could not bear".

It is a tough game in the beginning and it's very intriguing too, a player certainly wants to push on and find out about the gameplay, which is much different from the regular WoTN.

Last edited by Erkilmarl; 04-26-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

At last I found Badril who sell map. I got map of Mangelangeland.
And only on 4-th level I noted that I can use valkyres ability.
Gorguana Ghost' Mark of Blood work correctly. I thought it might be crit damage, but its just double damage. Sorry.

on Mangelangeland:
Lonely Farmers House unaccessible

Last edited by aristobal; 04-26-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Default To aristobal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
At last I found Badril who sell map. I got map of Mangelangeland.
And only on 4-th level I noted that I can use valkyres ability.
Gorguana Ghost' Mark of Blood work correctly. I thought it might be crit damage, but its just double damage. Sorry.
No problem. You get ICE WALL at level 3. Round attack at level 4. From level 4 it is easier.
The farmer's house is just for the scenarie. No quests etc.
In another game you could get another map... that's part of the randomization.

About the hero you met in a cave on Bonbong Land: You said it was the Dvorin Cave, but at the portal there're a randomization between 3 caves:
- Dvorin Cave
- Vlidne Cave
- Hvysel Cave
You will get acess to just one. And as far as I remember the only one where a hero can appear is Vlidne Cave. Could it be that cave you went in? It has 3 paths just after exiting the portal to Vlidne Cave. I'm asking, because if not, then it is a bug we haven't seen before.

Skillix:
I will check Skillix's skills, using "DEV tools" for cheating/testing to see if I can buy all the skills. Eucrysty also said there were 1 skill he couldn't buy. I don't know where the saved KB games are stored yet, but when I find out I will check your saved game.

Last edited by raknefne; 04-26-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You will get acess to just one. And as far as I remember the only one where a hero can appear is Vlidne Cave. Could it be that cave you went in?
I can't tell for sure. But it was.
I inform you by email when save folder may be.

I have on one item:
{itm_contractlizardead_name}
Old 04-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

To Aristobal about Skillix: I checked your saved file. And you're right, you're supposed to be able to choose between RAGE CONTROL, WISDOM, MEDITATION, ARTIFACTOR. The other 2 you can't, because you don't have a Might Rune.
I'll check the code again. Very strange, because it used to work... We made this skill sellar in case you were not so lucky in the skill choice when leveling up early game. Furthermore you can buy 1 of 4 Magic Schools at Vlandin if you haven't learnt one when you talk to him - when you have learnt 1 magic school you can also buy a few creatures from him (priest / inkvisitor / demonologists / druids OR archmages ). But he won't sell a magic school if you already have learnt one...

It is a good way to show saved files like the one you did.

Last edited by raknefne; 04-26-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Default to ARISTOBAL

Aristobal: when checking your saved game, I noticed you had the Lumber Axe but also have done the TALKING AXE quest. Did you find 2 Lumber Axes (you give one to the Axe). Or does the quest not take the axe?
Did you get his 2nd quest...? You get THE STILL TALKING AXE quest after giving the Lumber axe, but ONLY if you talk to him again...
Old 04-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Aristobal: when checking your saved game, I noticed you had the Lumber Axe but also have done the TALKING AXE quest. Did you find 2 Lumber Axes (you give one to the Axe). Or does the quest not take the axe?
Did you get his 2nd quest...? You get THE STILL TALKING AXE quest after giving the Lumber axe, but ONLY if you talk to him again...
One Axe I got from one of three brothers who sold ships and one I found somewhere. I complete first quest, and after you say I checked and yes I can get second quest to find 50 eggs.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
One Axe I got from one of three brothers who sold ships and one I found somewhere. I complete first quest, and after you say I checked and yes I can get second quest to find 50 eggs.
You have been lucky. It is a random level 1 item you get from the 3 brothers in the starting town. I'll be looking at some of the bugs today. The testing you all are doing are very helpful, Terroin and I tend to do the same over and over, for instance I never sailed to the edge in the left side of the starting map, so we never found the crash bug there, as Erkihlmahl described.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

I've not finished Bonfire atm but will tell what I found so far:

Class: Apprentice
- clicking at highscores (fresh installation of KB/Bonfire) -> CRASH
- no crash if any old highscore exists

1st try
Game Type: End game when level 20
- talked to every NPC, collected all chests, got some experience. After winning 1st combat -> Congratulation! You have won the game! End Screen!
- Wow! That was the fastest KB Run I ever had

2st try
Game Type: Endless
Difficulty: Impossible
Companion: Ancient Oak
- Only 1 spell (Lightning Ball). But it works! Lightning Ball together with Ice Wall from rage skills is a good working combo, not overpowered, not too weak, I couldn't believe it. More than this single spell would be too much.
- I overlooked this hint with sawmill and had great problems to get more wood piles. Without sawmill no chance to finish Bonfire.
- The key to play with traps is to build up Trapper award. But the requirements for Trapper are too high, Bonfire has lesser enemies than vanilla.
- We have to live with very low leadership but it's okay. The start is very very hard but this low-leadership-system works!
- The only rage skill in the beginning phase is Ice Wall, it's good enough after learning how to use it well. Later I got Round attack. With having this 2 rage skills the game balance is excellent.
- Main castle must be build up very fast (hint would help) to get sawmill.
- Bonfire is full of kiting situations with well designed room to avoid enemy contact. Very good!
- Companion Ancient Oak is very weak. Only slow spell for close attack. To compensate this he should have more HP.
- Got several crashes only with this try (Lake Fairie, Dryad, Unicorn, Faun). Savegames are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eut5gq...ht_Crash_1.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z765zw...ht_Crash_2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/08na6u...ht_Crash_3.zip
- Had to stop this try because i had no sawmill and couldn't get anymore wood piles.

3rd try
Game Type: Endless
Difficulty: Impossible
Companion: Trick Shooter
- extremely hard start Couldn't find a single doable enemy. There was a big enemy in front of the companion obelisk who could not be enraged to move. So I had to kill this guy with overnumbered units (3 guardsmen) which killed my plan to play all with no loss After getting Trick Shooter all further gameplay was doable with many very strategic combats.
- not a single crash with this try (Demon, Demoness, Vampire).
- I had 140 leadership and had to play with only 1 Vampire, then I got Knight Boots from shop (+300 leadership!). These random surprises are welcome
- Coffins on battlefield summon too big stack of skeletons (57 skeletons = 2850 leadership when all other units are below 600). 1st one who destroys coffin wins the battle.
- Snow Falcon = overpowered unit #1 with it's skill Cold Stream every 2 Turns. Changing to single use would give better balance. Ini+speed are ok. I tested a Snow Falcon together with undead and demons in my party. Falcon gets -5 morale but still full overpowered.
- Evil Eye = overpowered unit #2 with 3 great skills: Lightning Spell (3 turns), Geysir (4 turns), Summon Spellbooks (2 charges). But that's not all: ranged attack with lightning shock, Vampirism with resurrect. Ini+speed are ok. My advice: kill 2 of it's skills and Evil Eye is strong but balanced.
- Winged Shadow is overpowered too. Very high speed, very high ini. One of them should be reduced to 3-4 and Winged Shadow is strong enough.
- I have the feeling that Demons get too much experience from Summon Spell. They are levelling fast.
- Ruin Castle at Hopland with 200+ rats very easy. Ice Wall in front of Rats and they are simple killed by ranged units. I cannot see any advantage of rats atm.
- u-boat is nice. Thx!
- Skillix doesn't work, you told it.
- Companion Trick Shooter is very powerful at close range, maybe he must be reduced.

Conclusion
At least in my 3rd try I got no crashes. No problems with quests, no problems with NPCs. But I focused on gameplay/balance/units. And this was great, I learned new tactics and had a lot of fun when testing. Bonfire was hard but I could go to lvl8, discovered 7 of 9 isles. Except 1st combat with overnumbered trick all was impossible/no loss/no skills (except concentration 1). But I used a Snow Falcon and an Evil Eye. In Bonfire combats are much more strategic and flexible than in vanilla game. Random is exciting. Each new game results in new strategies. The replayability is very high!
Thx to Bonfire Duo for a really great job!