Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I would say that was more to do with the operating environment (and operating practices) of the time, then a general statement about Russian aircraft (in my opinion anyway).

There has also been a change in the maintenance trends for Russian helicopters between the 80's and now.
True, but you might just be looking at some pictures of ones in a musuem. Display art for the public is alot differant then stuff in the field.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGGBOY View Post
they are in WOP
WoP is probably exempt from this law because it is a online download product

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
You're correct Pope. I just looked at several German planes in BoP and there's a black diamond shape painted where the swastika would be. Funny that I never noticed that before, but to be honest that is one symbol that I really don't miss though it might be fun to shoot at.

Have y'all tried playing The Sabateur? It's a mediocre title at best but it is kinda fun icing SS men wearing nazi armbands. I'm guessing they don't sell that game in Germany even though the German people have as much reason as anyone to hate the SS.
Makes no difference to me. Although I would prefer it to be there for historic acuracy. And German law dictating what we can see and do is rather iritating.

I Believe Sabateur has two versions. I have seen videos of that game with swastikas everywhere (North Amerian release?). Then later when the came came out here I saw the trailer had them all replaced by a black luftwaffe type cross on red backbround. I asume this is the European Version.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 11-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Makes no difference to me. Although I would prefer it to be there for historic acuracy. And German law dictating what we can see and do is rather iritating.
Gotta agree w ya there Pope. As much as I hate any kind of nazi symbolism, any law that restricts freedom of speech or expression seems like a victory for the nazi way of thinking.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Gotta agree w ya there Pope. As much as I hate any kind of nazi symbolism, any law that restricts freedom of speech or expression seems like a victory for the nazi way of thinking.
Agree with both of you guys but I think the German governments restrictions comes down to symbolism and what ultimately the Nazi regime did. It's therefore associated with a period in history they would now rather forget.
I have to buy special transfers for my airfix kits as they don't come as standard which is a ball ache but hey we live in strange times nowadays!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Snapped a bunch of photos of the Lord of War mission.

The controls take getting used to. The game is pretty good but, since there is no MP like BoP it isn't for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
I hope the Taliban flag is in the game.
that i highly doubt you will see. any developer or publisher would be insane to included the actual symbol of an extremist group in their game for players to trash. these groups have no sense of humor and when offended they seek violent retaliation as punishment. nope, you dont poke the cat....pope feeds them on occasion but that is a complete other story . you do this and one day a fan would walk into the lobby of the company seeking to get an autograph on his copy of the game...the author obliges and KaBoom! sad state of affairs this world is having to walk through.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 11-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

They give all Muslim people a bad name, so much for their Jihad.

Training mode in BoP is good but the AI isn't very challenging. And playing the campaign over and over again has gotten boring. The only thing left keeping many people playing it is MP. If A:AA doesn't have this on a later patch, it had better be cheap for low length of play.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

I agree with you there. MP is the only reason BoP is as successful as it is. it will be interesting to see how this coop in A:AA works out. might surprise all of us. and then again as players we can always bastardize the senario ...disregard the mission and DF each other...lol. if it can happen...it will.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Well As a long time gamer and flightsim nut I must say this game has the potential to be epic . It's been a long time since a decent ground attack chopper game came out and for console to boot . The graphics are step up from BOP add to the fact that on line will be co-op with custom skins . plus play back feature ... I am speechless . Interestingly some of the bugs from Daggor game play engine seem to persist in demo as they did BOP. @ 60 Bucks this is a must buy

This reminds me of LHX Attack for the old Genis

Last edited by JOED70; 11-10-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

The play back feature is pretty neat. Something that would have been interesting to see in BoP.