Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-31-2010, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

4th line form the bottom - if I understand correctly you changed something in rockets.xml. Seeker is probably type of seeking warhead that not exist. All types of warheads must be defined in Rockets.xsd.
I advise you to make a fresh install and start modifying ship from the scratch. Tracking all your previous mistakes may be time consuming.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

heres the three files if it would be easier for you to look at what i have done to them ,once again thanks for the help
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32MXCHPL
Old 03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

no thats the weird thing i have only edited the three files that yall said to edit the carcasses.xml shipdescription.xml and quest.xml ive upload them if you could take a look at them
Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

you forgot to place the Liger_Dreadnought.IMD in the appropriate folder? or the Liger_Dreadnought.ini? .ini goes to Data\TEXTURE\Interface\Carcass\Slots
and .imd goes to \Data\OBJECT. Also you don't need to change the quest.xml.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

no i did put both files in the right spot ,just double checked ,and sorry i did not edit the quest.xml i edited the quest.script for the mission that gives the mothership from ternie,,so i have no idea what i have done wrong ,
Old 03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

in the carcass file what is the right name to look for to change the 2nd arba you get to the liger,,,,,,,,the clean arba not the pirate version because i think maybe i might have changed the wrong one
Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Well, my result has been a huge success, ships now happily populate most sectors. Unfortunately, my addition of NESF incursions in seven sectors have not produced the desired results.

I am contemplating attempting to import the spawn and fleet scripts from the Star Wolves 2 mod 'Real SW2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaynard80 View Post
in the carcass file what is the right name to look for to change the 2nd arba you get to the liger,,,,,,,,the clean arba not the pirate version because i think maybe i might have changed the wrong one
mothership_arba

Last edited by Nanaki; 03-31-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

pk thanks also what is the mothership_arba name in the ship description file ,not the pirate one but the other one thanks for all the help and understanding
Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Slightly off topic. I was looking through the XML files today, and found a DynamicMissions.xml. Looks like it's supposed to be replayable random missions that never got implemented.

Edit: I think I have once gotten a random mission to hunt down some pirate, but the game never pointed out where the guy was that I was supposed to kill, and I finished the game without ever completing it.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
pk thanks also what is the mothership_arba name in the ship description file ,not the pirate one but the other one thanks for all the help and understanding
Just do a search for mothership_arba in the shipdescriptions file...

Quote:
Slightly off topic. I was looking through the XML files today, and found a DynamicMissions.xml. Looks like it's supposed to be replayable random missions that never got implemented.
That is just leftover code from the replayable random missions that were in Starwolves 2. Starwolves 2 had it, but for some bizzare reason they took it out from Starwolves 3. Donno why... perhaps it had some major bugs (i imagine it was probably telling people to go to off-limits sectors) and the developers figured it would be easier to remove completely than to fix.

Quote:
Edit: I think I have once gotten a random mission to hunt down some pirate, but the game never pointed out where the guy was that I was supposed to kill, and I finished the game without ever completing it.
Look in the same sector you got the mission, you should see a target marker which should indicate where your target is at.