Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger02 View Post
why don't we have cowl flap controls to help manage the engine heat?
I wondered that. There are only so many buttons on the controller, and they're struggling to fit in even a zoom button! lol

I think it would be good to have a shift button; so holding down Triangle/Y or something, would enable the D-Pad to do different functions, such as radiator, canopy etc - the more 'trivial' sim functions.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

does anyone know how many players will be in a match 12vs12??
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBooze View Post
8 vs. 8
Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBooze View Post
16 total.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Default joystick

i tried to use the microsoft force feedback for BOP and it works but the demo only has thrustmaster presets so my buttons are all wrong. will the actual game have a keymapping option?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger02 View Post
I don't recommend that, but the guy has a good point. All I can tell you is from an actual plane. You only go into the red during takeoff or a go around. Even then, as soon as you're 500' AGL you get it out of the red before you blow a cylinder head. I tested it out in the demo extensively tonight to sort out the good info from the bs and it's accurate. But, you can get around it. Just enter a steep dive and the temp goes down pretty quick. Evidently, they didn't program in shock cooling, which is probably hard to program anyway. That's when engine parts cool unevenly. Big question: why don't we have cowl flap controls to help manage the engine heat?
Well, I've never had my enigne overheat for no reason anyway. It only does it if I take engine damage and use WEP for 5-10 minutes straight.

I did it on purpose the other day and killed my engine at 8,000 feet and managed to land safely.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Well, I've never had my enigne overheat for no reason anyway. It only does it if I take engine damage and use WEP for 5-10 minutes straight.

I did it on purpose the other day and killed my engine at 8,000 feet and managed to land safely.
I was testing the other day to see if using WEP too much affected the engine, flying level at 1500ft with WEP running for at least 15 mins. I got bored and then went and shot down a few planes on the dover mission, then went back to full WEP again at 1500ft for a while and was still topping out at the same speed. As far as I could tell, this had no effect on the engine. This was in Realistic though, so dunno if it's different in Sim.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup View Post
I was testing the other day to see if using WEP too much affected the engine, flying level at 1500ft with WEP running for at least 15 mins. I got bored and then went and shot down a few planes on the dover mission, then went back to full WEP again at 1500ft for a while and was still topping out at the same speed. As far as I could tell, this had no effect on the engine. This was in Realistic though, so dunno if it's different in Sim.
I don't play realistic- on sim I ALWAYS used to get engine cut out after 15mins or so (Perpetual WEP!)..damage or no damage. Now I just leave it at 100% and WEP if absolutlely necessary..(like if Alec Guiness' voice drifts over my headset....)
________
Grape Ape Pictures

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Aye I just tried it on Sim, after about 10-15 mins of full WEP, the engine portion of the aircraft damage indicator went black, and then the engine cut out fairly suddenly after a couple of splutters. Up till a few seconds before that my airspeed didnt noticeably reduce at all though, it all happened quite suddenly. Guess this is one more difference between Realistic and Sim. Also upon trying to land I noticed another difference, in that in Sim mode the plane nose flips when you get down to around 50-60, which i've seen mentioned before, but it doesnt happen in Realistiic mode.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup View Post
Aye I just tried it on Sim, after about 10-15 mins of full WEP, the engine portion of the aircraft damage indicator went black, and then the engine cut out fairly suddenly after a couple of splutters. Up till a few seconds before that my airspeed didnt noticeably reduce at all though, it all happened quite suddenly. Guess this is one more difference between Realistic and Sim. Also upon trying to land I noticed another difference, in that in Sim mode the plane nose flips when you get down to around 50-60, which i've seen mentioned before, but it doesnt happen in Realistiic mode.
You can do it in Realistic mode. I had my engine shot up on purpose until the indicator was dark red and then went full WEP for about 10 minutes.

I think the tip stalls occur mostly in Sim mode because of autoflaps in Realistic mode.