Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

I have never had any interest in finishing this game in 7 days (gametime), nor have I wanted to take 50+ turns to finish each fight.
It might be 7 days gametime but that would mean hours and hours of gameplay surely.
Then there's all this no-army-suicide trick BS..what sort of sick mind would even bother thinking/doing that lol That's not what the game devs had in mind when they created the game lol
I love this game, and the people that created will forever have a place in my cyber heart.
I get the impression that there's people "pleasuring themselves" at how they got such ridiculous scores, by ridiculous means and methods.
I'm a a big fan of racing games and other genres of games, especially rpg's though.
So when I read about stuff like "I completed the game in 7 days, on impossible with no losses" it makes me feel kind of sad for the gamedevs really as your lovely creation has been abused by some fans so horribly lol

We can only imagine what sort of a "life" those people have...
Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

If they didnt had in mind doesnt mean its bad. Its actualy great feature since it makes game challenging and more intresting. And makes that game lasts for more. I am not fan of such play,personalliy i have no patience for such long battles but its great that someone can have additional fun thanks to that.

PS Watch your language. Its a bit too offensive
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
I have never had any interest in finishing this game in 7 days (gametime), nor have I wanted to take 50+ turns to finish each fight.
It might be 7 days gametime but that would mean hours and hours of gameplay surely.
Then there's all this no-army-suicide trick BS..what sort of sick mind would even bother thinking/doing that lol That's not what the game devs had in mind when they created the game lol
I love this game, and the people that created will forever have a place in my cyber heart.
I get the impression that there's people "pleasuring themselves" at how they got such ridiculous scores, by ridiculous means and methods.
I'm a a big fan of racing games and other genres of games, especially rpg's though.
So when I read about stuff like "I completed the game in 7 days, on impossible with no losses" it makes me feel kind of sad for the gamedevs really as your lovely creation has been abused by some fans so horribly lol

Wow... you're really pushing it Kings Bounty Hunter, aren't you?

I believe this is the third time I've answered a similar post from you, and I've always pointed this out: to each his own.

Please don't take offense against players who want to get a high score, and if you are not such a player, PLEASE don't post such offensive messages on the board, especially on a post titled "post your high scores here!".

You are obviously a casual gamer, at least for KBTL. But maybe you are a competitive in something else, like Gran Turismo, or in your studies, or work, or maybe you shoot some mean hoops. Try to see it from that point of view: to each his own.

The game developers placed a scoring system to cater to competitive gamers of KBTL. Check the number of views for this post, it is already at the 14,500+ mark; a lot of KBTL gamers are interested in high scores.

I understand where you are coming from. I myself have a bias against the usage of mods and cheat codes, but I understand that this is just my opinion. I don't go into the mods section of this forum and express my opinion there. What I do is go to the sections and posts that do interest me and post CONTRIBUTIONS there.

If it makes you feel better, the developers did establish a fixed travel time in Armored Princess, and I think they limited the Inquisitors Holy Anger ability to just 3 uses instead of endless reloads (not sure of this though).

Regardless of this though, someone allegedly still beat the game in record time and at no casualties and a high score... unless they remove the final record itself, a scoring system would always encourage competitive play.

You don't sound young, so I'm sure you will understand this and take it in a positive light. But if you really can't help yourself from expressing your opinions strongly, maybe you should consider staying away from posts that have the words "high score", "5-7 days", and "no casualties" altogether.

The key to the forum is to CONTRIBUTE to the FUN. Keep you biases in check and just tell us what in this great game gives "pleasure" to your "cyber heart", and maybe, just maybe, our "sick minds" will twist it into a mockery of what the "game devs had in mind" and find a way to incorporate it in our "lives" to have even more "FUN".

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-29-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

I can confirm that Holy anger has only 3 charges now. However, I can also confirm that there are other things that can be utilized for mass resurrecting. They have already been discussed and people are aware of that in advance, before the game has even been launched.

Maybe our friend Kings Bounty Hunter felt bad in some fashion due to some posts here. I understand him. I personally, don't do that for the competition, but I really support and encourage the people who are going for the impossible goals. I, personally, do it for fun. I set myself a task in KBTL and KBAP and see how it goes. Both games have great replayability, even if the storyline is the same. I simply like to "squeeze" a game till I understand how it works, how various options and builds work, how various army setups perform, and so on,and so forth, until there's nothing new that it can offer me.

However, what I didn't like is the old - and with all due respect, stupid - argument "what kind of life such people have". There is no way for Kings Bounty Hunter to know what kind of people play the game and post here. Some are already engaged, married, have children, etc. I doubt they deprived themselves of the "life" as he knows it
Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post

Kings Bounty Hunter, I believe we have erred in assuming you are an adult, and we have wasted our time talking to you about big adult ideas like "to each his own" and "playing for fun".

I say this now since I wanted to understand you more and where you are coming from, so I did a little research and here's what I found:

Here's a thread from you titled "Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?" posted close to a year ago on 11-16-2008 which shows how clueless you are to the tactics needed to achieve a high score on impossible without casualties:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5365

And here's a thread from you titled "Giants ruin no losses impossible campaign" posted quite recently on 10-09-2009 showcasing your failed attempt on a no-casualty campaign on impossible:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10448

And to think I thought highly of you and accorded you with respect, being a "senior member" and all.

Little boy, all the "lol" in your post cannot hide the true pain that you are experiencing. It's been a year already, let KBTL go...

*** update ***

It seems I have erred again, as I found more details about you in your most recent post titled "Are there any plans to develop the 'Farmir' characters storyline?" this past 10-28-2009:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10781

So you are a musician, which means the likelihood that you are just a little boy is quite remote.

First of all, regarding your post, I believe Farmir is the son of the ghost Gostrim and not Attah the dragon, so his lineage might not be half-dragon as you've noted in your post.

Going back to the issue at hand, I believe that deep down you really want to try your hand at achieving what the others have achieved. You were definitely curious about how it was done a year ago, and have even recently attempted a no-casualties game. I'm sure you have read all the suggestions and tactics in this forum, having been active here for so long a time. So my suggestion is to just be open-minded and try out the tactics given by the others. So stop showcasing yourself as being "above" such tactics and give them a go in your game. If you tried it and really didn't find the tactic to your liking, then don't do it and accept that you MIGHT be hindered by not using the said tactic.

Go on and do your thing, but don't rant on the tactics employed by others. I myself disdained the use of the invisible single unit green dragon/demoness/ancient vampire tactic, accepted that I would be handicapped by not using it in some tough fights, and pushed through and completed the game always using 5 units in every battle since I believed this is "what the developers had in mind". So go ahead and do your thing, but if you hit a wall be open-minded enough to consider the tactics suggested by other people.

And stop ranting on how other people play the game; no one is ranting on how you play, but people do take offense to how you converse at times.

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-30-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

And the winner is loreangelicus.

Just like the original KB and every Heroes game that followed, the aim of the game was to win in the quickest time possible to get the highest score possible. I fail to see what the difference is.

KBH, do you really think that the people at Katuri are sitting there tearing up because some very talented gamers learnt their game so indepth that they achieved scores they probably never thought possible? Personally I think they'd be very happy and they have probably learnt new ways to play themselves.

Just because you have no interest in doing it and more importantly, lack the ability to do it, there is no need to belittle the players who want to do it, enjoy doing it and can do it. Harden up.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

loreangelicus, you are giving me a laugh reading back over those old threads. Cheers for that. KBH was basically complaining from day 1 about how people were apparently cheating because they were winning on Impossible easily/quickly. There was a time when I didn't think anyone would beat the 20 day mark on Impossible, but that was proven to be wrong. Live and learn.

BTW, Calinda has beaten Armored Princess (in Russian) in ten days on Impossible in his first run through:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=7728&page=2

How d'ya like that, KBH?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
loreangelicus, you are giving me a laugh reading back over those old threads. Cheers for that. KBH was basically complaining from day 1 about how people were apparently cheating because they were winning on Impossible easily/quickly. There was a time when I didn't think anyone would beat the 20 day mark on Impossible, but that was proven to be wrong. Live and learn.

BTW, Calinda has beaten Armored Princess (in Russian) in ten days on Impossible in his first run through:

How d'ya like that, KBH?
The funny thing is that was my initial reaction as well; how could these guys do such feats without mods or cheats? But then I just accepted it as a challenge and tried it out myself.

Man, AP is taking so long, I actually though about doing a 5 days game/102 quests (according to spare time computations, it is very possible, but you have to do some quests AFTER killing Haas), but decided against it for now since AP is coming soon and KBH might throw a fit again.

Wow, for AP the paladin unit type seems to be the shoo-in for any army build... they've upped the staying power of level 5 units as well, giving them a second look, especially black dragons and archdemons who now have some of the highest life-per-leadership ratios.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

I can't help but agree with that assessment. Paladins are just way too important, cost-effective, and useful for pretty much any party. Besides, if you team them up with other units properly, they will get you through any battle. For example, I love using Paladins + Knights. Paladins have Physical + Magic resistance while the Knights have Physical + Fire resistance. This way you get some nice flexibility for most of the battles. Enemies do physical or physical + magic? Use paladins + reserve ranged stack. Enemies do fire damage? Use Knights + Paladins.

The army that they don't fit in is the pure undead army, pure demon army, or an army of level 5 units. Paladins can only resurrect anything that is lvl 1-4, but that's barely a problem, since there are tons of great lvl 1-4 units

EDIT: Oh, of course. Plants and mech units too

Last edited by DGDobrev; 10-31-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post

How d'ya like that, KBH?
I don't like it at all Sir!

Yours Sincerely

The Pantomime baddy