Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update! Are the cloud shadows back in the game or did I overlook them since the last official patch??
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Thxz B6

@ the rest

Keep the whining down please,
I just deleted 4 pages of absolute rubbish in this thread.

If it continues prepare to grab your passports.

Roll on Monday.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

When the official one should come out?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Hello everyone!

We’ve just fixed the last major bug about five minutes ago. We are building the new patch right now, but we’d like to keep it in for Monday just in case something else comes up. We’d really like to avoid releasing it with some other unforeseen issue.

The good news is, the latest build incorporates a new optimization feature that deals with effects and clouds and increases FPS with barely any loss to graphical features. Setting Effects to Medium or Low in Video Settings will really smooth out the game. Some comparison screens are attached.

And finally, as usual, some shots from the upcoming sequel.

Have a great weekend!

Hi

Are you dealing with the joystick delay and low aquirng rate which makes it delayed and moving at 5/10 fps ?
A very annoying one.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1981 View Post
Hi

Are you dealing with the joystick delay and low aquirng rate which makes it delayed and moving at 5/10 fps ?
A very annoying one.
Never heard of this one....

It will also be a good thing if we see planes actually go down when we have riddled them with bullets...

If we get the Patch Monday...I will take Tuesday off to have some fun with it... I expect it to come with a readme this time...

Last edited by MegOhm; 07-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1981 View Post
Hi

A very annoying one.
You do realize that your about the only one complaining about the flight control stick not moving smoothly don't you.... haha. Its not that bad, and there are plenty of other "More pressing issues with the game atm" Don't give up hope though.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOhm View Post
Never heard of this one....

It will also be a good thing if we see planes actually go down when we have riddled them with bullets...

If we get the Patch Monday...I will take Tuesday off to have some fun with it... I expect it to come with a readme this time...

This subject is very interesting to me and I spent a few hours yesterday experimenting with it. The very best that I was able to do was bring down a Rotol with 3 AP bullets, that hit from the six low position. I was working on to improve my hit average and to conserve my ammo, that instance was 47 or 48% .

Here is a one AP bullet kill

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 07-29-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
This subject is very interesting to me and I spent a few hours yesterday experimenting with it. The very best that I was able to do was bring down a Rotol with 3 AP bullets, that hit from the six low position. I was working on to improve my hit average and to conserve my ammo, that instance was 47 or 48% .

Here is a one AP bullet kill

Guess I overstated my thought...... Many do go down...Occasionally planes do catch fire, blow and lose a wing... It is the ones that seem invincible, take alot of punishment and keep flying while looking like swiss cheese...
Nice Job on your kill... A Golden BB

Fighters a bit more consistent in going down when damaged than are some of the bombers...

Last edited by MegOhm; 07-29-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

@ MegOhm

its like anything else in life, some rules and preparation must be followed and done. Placing yourself in the right position and above all, placing the shot.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

I take wings off bombers no problem with a short burst at the right spot.
With Standard loadout and convergence in a Spit IIa.
Most people try to shoot from dead astern and centre line.. That means your loading the fuselage and parts of the wings with hits but nothing structural that will bring it down.

20-30degree diving attack angle aiming for middle of wing at 250yards does it every time if you hit the right spot.