Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennel View Post
Its a pain in the bum, & hpoefully it will be rectified by TD, one would think 109F2 `s would have been field modded by Invasion Barbarossa 1941
It's most likely not going to happen. I've tried modifying the .mis files in the Dgen folder for the campaign that I want to play, but it's not having any affect, so my guess is that the dgen.exe file needs to be modified, and the only person that knows how to do that gave up on it a few years ago. You can certainly ask TD if they are interested in giving it a shot. You might also want to check out DCG

http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?list.3

It's possible that he might have worked the date and wind features into his program by now, or perhaps working on it.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet. The sun position in the FMB is no longer the same as it is in the actual game. The in-game sun position appears to have something to do with the date (I believe I remember that being programmed in) but the programming changes aren't reflected in the FMB.

I found it out when a map that should have been sunny was actually quite dark
Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Here's something funny I just noticed:

As you can see the landing gear of the Il-10 in the game are quite long. Also, it may just be me, but the nose looks smaller and less "beastly" than that of the real-life counterpart.

Also, note that there is no antenna visible from within the cockpit:

Cheers
Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Another one guys...

The AI cannot land Go-229s. They set up the approach fine, but when they flare, they do not stop pitching up. Eventually they go vertically upwards to 10,000 meters (!), stall and then dive uncontrollably and crash.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

I think I found two little bugs the first is the lack of wheel movement on the 109 F2 and secondly the ai doesn't like the blue home base on the Slovakia Summer map I had a whole wing of undamaged planes fly into the hill on approach.

sorry if these have already made it on already also I can't save my QM on my steam version of il46
Old 04-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Your new transmiting stations or at least the one on the Moscow winter map in Qmb (axis base) is visible from about 25km, the hut that is but not the 100m aerial on it's roof! Don't know if it's a bug but I can see it way before anything else at the base flying at 1km height. Considering factories disappear beyond about 5km this seems a bit odd. Somekind of oversight?

More humble pie for me, returning to land I could see this black square and decided to fly straight for it and check it out, expecting to see the hut but instead found two trees standing close together. Which makes me wonder what is it with trees? Why are appearing and then disappearing? and why are these two visible so far away? My conf.ini: forest=2.

Last edited by jameson; 04-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Noticed last night Bf109G-6 compass on the dash doesn't read quite the same as the vector given in the lower left corner, not out by a lot, about 2.5 degrees. Kept wondering why I was a fair way out at the destination using cockpit compass.

It is your transmitter object visible at 25km. The distance lod is huge and then gets slightly smaller at 5km, directly overhead it's tiny! It would not be visible at that distance, fix please!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

a first i would like to thnak you for those wonderful mods you did, but i discovered a little bug with the video capturing/playing function.

I do some kind of dogfight analysation after the most of my flights and as i flew with a Hs129B-2/Wa (B-3) to find out what an effect this tiny canon has on a B-29, I destroyed it completly.
As I watched the Video, the B-29 remained undamaged and my plan did what I actually did (Left turn etc.) But then it crashed into ground what I defentliy didn't. Same Problem with the Hs 129 B-2.
I recognized this problem with no other plane at this moment.

PS: This is my first post in your forum and please excuse my english, I am an german pupil.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

The "loiter here" radio command doesn't have any effect on AI wingmen anymore.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cat_with_hat View Post
a first i would like to thnak you for those wonderful mods you did, but i discovered a little bug with the video capturing/playing function.

I do some kind of dogfight analysation after the most of my flights and as i flew with a Hs129B-2/Wa (B-3) to find out what an effect this tiny canon has on a B-29, I destroyed it completly.
As I watched the Video, the B-29 remained undamaged and my plan did what I actually did (Left turn etc.) But then it crashed into ground what I defentliy didn't. Same Problem with the Hs 129 B-2.
I recognized this problem with no other plane at this moment.

PS: This is my first post in your forum and please excuse my english, I am an german pupil.

Hi TD, getting a similar problem trying to edit some campaign videos. When watching back a 'Quick recording' of a mission that worked perfectly well, moving tank and vehicle columns, plus static ships, behave in an absolutely bonkers manner.
Vehicles leapfrog through each other at insane speeds; then stop abruptly; then a vehicle will pass through the one in front of it as though its transparent, and the whole column will set off again at about 80 mph. Their wayfinding is completely kaput so they bounce off other objects in thier mad lurches. I have a static tanker set up which sinks via a plane spawing in it. In the replay the plane simply passes through the tanker, which remains intact.

I also had some Ki-27s taking off from a patch of ground (no test runway - just found a level area where the takeoff command works) which works fine in the mission. In the recording of the mission the a/c spend half of their takeoff bouncing along the ground upright at 90 degrees on their prop hubs. Insania!

It is as if the damage, wayfinding, and collision models are disrupted. I stress this only happens when i record a track....when i 'save track' it plays back fine. However, i have noticed that looking in the respective ntrk/trk files in wordpad the 'recorded' tracks are in that crazy video code, while 'saved' tracks are in plain .mis file language. Ie. the problem seems to lie with the 'record video' function/code rather than 'save track'.

I've done alot of testing with this - i've cleaned out my caches, removed all other user created content from the game folders; recorded QMB tracks (with the same result - try recording the transport column at the allied airfield on Pacific islands on 'Scramble')....i've even re-installed and re-patched the damn thing twice to no avail.

Old tracks, such as "The Black Death" (which also has moving vehicle columns) do not exhibit this behaviour.

If you need me to, i'll make a new recording of this behaviour and PM it to you.

Last edited by TedStryker; 06-05-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Dodgy use of english