Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

lol.. I bet you finished that landing with the word 'bugger!'..
I assume you don't have realistic gunnery on, you seemed to have shed loads of ammo..
Old 10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
cool....what bothers me is that I cant run this map (with all video settings set to high; or most of them) with such performance...and Ive got i7920@3.5Ghz, GTX470@750Mhz 1280MB, and 6GB RAM...res is 1680x1050.
grrr
its not the plane...its the plane and pilot...haha...you should be able to run this scene at 30-35 fps no problem. Update the following and you should be just fine.

Update to latest nvidia beta driver and CloD beta patch, set ground textures to high vs. original, make sure epilepsy off, 2x AA and use the fxaa fix

Also, might be time for some more Ram in the near future..cheap

Nice vid
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

I keep hearing 'get more ram'.. now am I right in thinking that win7 64bit with the current exe can only use a maximum of 3gb of ram?
If this is correct, he seems to have more than enough memory to run the game. I'm not a techie, so you will have to bear with me if my assumptions are incorrect.. lol
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdogfizzow View Post
its not the plane...its the plane and pilot...haha...you should be able to run this scene at 30-35 fps no problem. Update the following and you should be just fine.

Update to latest nvidia beta driver and CloD beta patch, set ground textures to high vs. original, make sure epilepsy off, 2x AA and use the fxaa fix

Also, might be time for some more Ram in the near future..cheap

Nice vid
More or less I have the same settings as lebisomem....just I have decals to high and houses to med, 2 AA, no FXAA, epilepsy off, textures high...so I will try to lower houses and decals....trees are off....also I have latest nvidia beta drivers.....it seams we all have different standards (regarding performance)....smooth is for me not only 40+ fps but how sim performs in terms of microstutters, FPS variations, how fluid are head movements etc...and its not the same online and offline....online you can have 50 players and 15 planes in dogfight over city
Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper117 View Post
I keep hearing 'get more ram'.. now am I right in thinking that win7 64bit with the current exe can only use a maximum of 3gb of ram?
If this is correct, he seems to have more than enough memory to run the game. I'm not a techie, so you will have to bear with me if my assumptions are incorrect.. lol
I don't know, you are probably correct. I just threw that in. I hope he does the rest of the stuff and doesn't focus/get hung up on that statement

Quote:
More or less I have the same settings as lebisomem....just I have decals to high and houses to med, 2 AA, no FXAA, epilepsy off, textures high...so I will try to lower houses and decals....trees are off....also I have latest nvidia beta drivers.....it seams we all have different standards (regarding performance)....smooth is for me not only 40+ fps but how sim performs in terms of microstutters, FPS variations, how fluid are head movements etc...and its not the same online and offline....online you can have 50 players and 15 planes in dogfight over city
You should have no problems with trees on medium and unlimited houses. (I wouldnt fly anything less) I have the same standards as you, but I don't play on line yet. Anyway, PM me and I'll try to help you out if I can through messaging. I bet we can get it working great

Last edited by katdogfizzow; 10-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
it seams we all have different standards (regarding performance)....
That's why I make videos recorded with FRAPS during actual gameplay. Without FRAPS perfromance is even better, and now - with latest patches - I don't have anoying stutters even over London in dogfights. But during online matches, if AI or player aircraft spawn, we have some server stutter. Needs more work. SP is really ok now, regards graphic engine. This was my great fear about performance, and MG is doing a good job.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Nice videos!

I wonder if, for the sake of immersion, you could sometime make a video without any outside views or zoom, entirely from pilot's perspective?

Thanks!

MAC

Sorry for the music...
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpee View Post
Isn't this a Cod videos thread. Not chit chat.
Thank you.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
Sorry for the music...
Ain't available in germany anyway.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Ain't available in germany anyway.
ONLY in Germany... your country dislikes music today!
Closed Thread