Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Its very good news to hear, that COD will continue to be improved thru the merging of Sequels. The funny thing is people who complain about having to buy a Sequel to improve COD would probably have bought the Sequel anyway. I fully understand being pissed off about the beta release of COD, but your monies help make it possible that COD can be fixed and new theaters added. BUT that depends on the development fixing and optimizing the game engine and features for the release of the Sequel.

I was very concerned that the development would run out of capital and we would never see COD fixed. The next COD patch should make some improvement, but the fact it will be merged with the Sequel will make a huge improvement in new features, and fixes to the AI, Commands, FM, DM, FMB, GUI, Animations etc etc. These fixes will allow the community and third parties to build far more historic missions and campaigns. The future could be very bright for COD and all the Sequels, if the development manages to fix the new game engine.

People MUST remember that the Sequels are just new maps and missions. Most work and improvements to the game engine and its features apply to ALL theaters including the English Channel map.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

Last edited by Chivas; 09-14-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Good news Luthier because telling the truth is the best policy.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
The next COD patch should make some improvement, but the fact it will be merged with the Sequel will make a huge improvement in new features, and fixes to the AI, Commands, FM, DM, FMB, Animations etc etc. These fixes will allow the community and third parties to build far more historic missions and campaigns.
I'm confused. You talk as if you are the head of the development team, not luthier.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The funny thing is people who complain about having to buy a Sequel to improve COD would probably have bought the Sequel anyway...........
Chivas, you are correct, people would have bought the sequal, however we/they have been burnt once so will now either wait for good reviews before buying or cut their losses and move onto something differant.

I think what will hurt though is the lack of coop content as most squads prefer this form to going onto D/F servers (I know ATAG and others have a work around but thats not the point is it?), especially those with no interest in the Eastern Front

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc29 View Post
I think that should be 'if' rather than 'when'.
Yes, when is the real question. It is my opinion end of the year 2012 but maybe 2013?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Luthier , Я за вас , Я буду ждать
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
Chivas, you are correct, people would have bought the sequal, however we/they have been burnt once so will now either wait for good reviews before buying or cut their losses and move onto something differant.

I think what will hurt though is the lack of coop content as most squads prefer this form to going onto D/F servers (I know ATAG and others have a work around but thats not the point is it?), especially those with no interest in the Eastern Front
You neglected to quote my suggestion that people will only buy the Sequel if the game engine is fixed.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 09-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
I'm confused. You talk as if you are the head of the development team, not luthier.
You don't have to part of the development team to point out the obvious. The theaters are just maps, all of them using the same game engine and features. Any improvements to the game engine and features should apply to ALL maps.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
Yes, when is the real question. It is my opinion end of the year 2012 but maybe 2013?
The development has already said the Sequels "alpha" won't be done until 2013, so it will be quite sometime before we see the Sequel. Hopefully the COD's next patch will be good enough to enjoy until more improvements come with the Sequel. Since its going to be a long time before the Sequels release, I can see some features being tested with beta patches for COD.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 09-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You neglected to quote my suggestion that people will only buy the Sequel if the game engine is fixed.
Sorry, I thought that was a cert

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Closed Thread