Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

I only hope that if they are going to include a tank game play inside the series, tanks will come with the same quality in all aspects as air crafts. With nice cockpit, crew positions and cem. That would be simply gorgeous. To say in other words... not go arcade, please. For arcade tanks we already have world of tanks. Anyway, to drive a tank with crew positions shared in multi player have to be a experience.
About clod what I really would like to see is real hundreds of planes formations running smooth. Whitout that the bob experience is not full at all.
GTX 560
Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Thank you BackSix and thanks for the update.
If it is a question of development resources my I suggest a middle road for now (although selectable fuel in the long run would be appreciated). It would mean changing the modelling of only one Spitfire type.

Keep Spitfire I with 87 Octane and two pitch prop
Update Spitfire Ia to 100 Octane fuel and keep Rotol prop (most used type in BoB)
Keep Spitfire II with 87 Octane and Rotol prop (could have 100 octane later, not so many used in BoB)

This along with Ilya's forecast that the basic FMs are being corrected anyway (Spitfire I, Ia, and 109s).

Only the Spitfire Ia would need new power modelling.
Not only Spitfire IA need FM revsion. I think need it many planes in CLod.

During BoB both Spitfire MK1 and Hurrciane MK1 used 100 Octan fuel and +12 lbs boost emergency power. We need it both like it was historicaly.

Also 109 E need FM revision - atually there were too slow.

All planes need changes in service celling which now in CLOD is really off.

In sum most planes from CLOD need FM and performacne revsion.

Here in these topic there are RL data and comparision with CLOD:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20110

So:

Keep Spitfire I with 87 Octane and two pitch prop - AGREE

Update Spitfire Ia to 100 Octane fuel and keep Rotol prop (most used type in BoB) - YEP 100 OCTAN for Spit IA but with DeHaviland Constant Speed Propeller Unit

Spitfire II with 87 Octane and Rotol prop (could have 100 octane later, not so many used in BoB) - DONT AGREE - NEED 100 OCTAN FUEL SPIT II which used +12 lbs Emergency Power - everthying is in SPit MK II manual

Also there could be 2 types of Hurricane:

- MK1 early with 2 stage DH prop pitch - 87 Octan fuel
- MKI late with Rotol prop - 100 Octan fuel

ALso 109 E need performance revision beacuse with 1.42/1.45 Ata there are too slow - 109 E should reach about 490-500 km/h at deck - now is only 460 km/h.

All these planes have too low maxiumum service celling

So for accurate and historical both online and offline gameplay we need deeply FM&Performacne revision.

I know what im talking about beacuse im in the topic for long time and made some FM revsion for IL2 mods planes expecially BOB fighters like Spitfire, 109 and Hurricane and 110 C-4.

So i think if in incoming patch there will be not solid and professional FM revision for these planes many people will be really dissapointment expecially when Luthier promise that there will be FM and performacne revsion in coming patch some time ago.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
it's look like great, but...
press esc to end mission...

the gameplay is : waiting 1hour to see aircraft, possibility to be killed in 1 pass...

ok is realistic, but not a good 'gameplay' we should switch to an other flak when the flak is destroyed...
In real life people often abandoned the AA guns when attacked (and took cover). The gun is much more survivable than the gun crew.

It would be great if a "duck and cover" key could be added to the anti-aircraft gun (and if the AI could also be suppressed - as in ZloyPetrushkO's excellent mod for the original Il-2).
Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
Hi Snapper,

I would like to thank BlackSix for his last reply regarding 100 Octane fuel. However, I do not fully understand all that he has said and am a little confused; I am a bit slow you know, LOL. From your post you appear to have understood him. Can you help me out here and let me know what your understanding is of what he said.

Happy landings,

Talisman
Hey, I've seen you fly.....you ain't so slow. LOL

Like most of us here, I appreciate the tough job BlackSix has here. His information he gives us can only be as good as the information he gets from Ilya. The lack of specifics drives some of us nuts, and regrettably that frustration comes through at times which is directed at BlackSix -- and it's not his fault.

By "public tests" I took it to mean that Ilya uses engine performance information from similar/same sources like the one I linked to earlier. For the Spitfire Ia and Hurricane Rotol that would mean 100 octane fuel -- that's what the BoB RAF fighters were using and that's what the tests were done on. I could be dead wrong here, but that's what I chose to understand.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Nice update but it may be too arcade (easy)?

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the Update Black 6 & for your quick response to our questions as a result,the new AAA feature looks well.
The screenshots for BoM look good & I am glad to see we will have Maps to match the seasons .Will the German Armour bog down in the spring thaw ?
Relay my thanks to the 1c team for their efforts as I am sure things will start to be rectified in CLoD soon.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailantd View Post
I only hope that if they are going to include a tank game play inside the series, tanks will come with the same quality in all aspects as air crafts. With nice cockpit, crew positions and cem. That would be simply gorgeous. To say in other words... not go arcade, please. For arcade tanks we already have world of tanks. Anyway, to drive a tank with crew positions shared in multi player have to be a experience.
About clod what I really would like to see is real hundreds of planes formations running smooth. Whitout that the bob experience is not full at all.
Mmm, if they did the tanks with simulator level detail and modelling it would truly be a dream come through. That would bring a whole new audience as we would get tank only servers in that case

But really, I can't imagine they have done it anywhere near the aircraft level of detail and systems modelling etc... Unfortunately... Just imagine the whiner roar if all systems in that Pz-III where working Awww! Those hours could have been spent on doing my He-115 etc...
Old 02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
Not only Spitfire IA need FM revsion. I think need it many planes in CLod.

During BoB both Spitfire MK1 and Hurrciane MK1 used 100 Octan fuel and +12 lbs boost emergency power. We need it both like it was historicaly.

Also 109 E need FM revision - atually there were too slow.

All planes need changes in service celling which now in CLOD is really off.

In sum most planes from CLOD need FM and performacne revsion.

Here in these topic there are RL data and comparision with CLOD:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20110

So:

Keep Spitfire I with 87 Octane and two pitch prop - AGREE

Update Spitfire Ia to 100 Octane fuel and keep Rotol prop (most used type in BoB) - YEP 100 OCTAN for Spit IA but with DeHaviland Constant Speed Propeller Unit

Spitfire II with 87 Octane and Rotol prop (could have 100 octane later, not so many used in BoB) - DONT AGREE - NEED 100 OCTAN FUEL SPIT II which used +12 lbs Emergency Power - everthying is in SPit MK II manual

Also there could be 2 types of Hurricane:

- MK1 early with 2 stage DH prop pitch - 87 Octan fuel
- MKI late with Rotol prop - 100 Octan fuel

ALso 109 E need performance revision beacuse with 1.42/1.45 Ata there are too slow - 109 E should reach about 490-500 km/h at deck - now is only 460 km/h.

All these planes have too low maxiumum service celling

So for accurate and historical both online and offline gameplay we need deeply FM&Performacne revision.

I know what im talking about beacuse im in the topic for long time and made some FM revsion for IL2 mods planes expecially BOB fighters like Spitfire, 109 and Hurricane and 110 C-4.

So i think if in incoming patch there will be not solid and professional FM revision for these planes many people will be really dissapointment expecially when Luthier promise that there will be FM and performacne revsion in coming patch some time ago.
+1

This and your original post (which you linked to above) covers it precisely IMHO. Hopefully Ilya's data matches this.

Thanks for reposting.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Update! Am I hearing right, that we can hear new parts of the Sound Engine Beta? Guess the Stuka sounds way better than in our present version?!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

@ BlackSix

I wonder how much chances do you see that the systems inaccuracies listed in this thread are being corrected? -> http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29526

There are a number of bugs to be fixed but also real mistakes (probably misunderstandings of foreign manuals) which need correction. Any chance that such things get fixed at all?
Closed Thread