Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for the great screenshots.
I am REALLY looking forward to seeing the movies.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Get a grip.

I've never understood this communities hang up with grass color. I don't live in the U.K., but the colors look fine for me for a mid spring to mid summer coloring. Graphics on a PC have not yet reached the point of photo realism, but this looks damn fine to me compared to the flying I've done in real life. The shade differences in fields, the colors all seem close enough to me. Lime green? I don't see anything close to lime green in any of these photos. You should step outside and look around during spring and summer rather than just looking at photos of outside. The clouds have always been impressive to me. They don't look like the photos of real clouds in other games, but they are volumetric and close enough to the real thing that I have always been suitably impressed. I honestly believe some of you need to step outside once in a while and experience the great outdoors. This community is so insular I have a hard time reading anything other than Oleg and Ilya's posts.

Oleg and the 1c Maddox team thank you for all the hard work you have done to make this, what is most likely the most realistic flight sim (combat or otherwise,) of all time. We all appreciate your hard works, and look forward to the masterpiece you have painstakingly, and sacrificed so much for.

Last edited by Kikuchiyo; 01-28-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Folks,

1. The beautiful girl in the picture is not a cheap marketing ploy. You've all seen her before in the Spitfire from Igromir. She's the girl you'll all be flying with.
PS. I'm the guy who hated the cheap love story tacked onto the 1969 film, but I love this particular angle of our sim. Trust me on this.
I never thought she was.... Gorgeous? Absolutely (obviously) but just there to sell... Not 1C's style never has been never will be.

Quote:
2. If you expect something new every week, you kind of maybe expect too much at this point. We're going to drown you in videos in the coming weeks. The development diaries Oleg introduced you to will absolutely flood you with info on every single aspect of the sim. They're just not ready today.
Can't speak for anyone else .. but all I expect is CoD within the next 6-8 weeks. I have no doubt that it will be a quality product.. and that once it is released the same level of support that got my and most of these other bozos hooked on IL2 (in addition to the quality of the product) will continue.

Quote:
3. I still can't believe we're discussing tracers. I know it's our own fault for making them look like glowing sperm in the original and allowing you to get used to them. They're correct now. They're perfection. They're ideal. They'll never change. OK?
They look realistic to me..........
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Hmmm... 'girl.....love....flood......tracers.......sperm.. ...perfection..'
It all sounds a bit too freudian for my sensibilities.

Looking forward to the vids though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
forget the game..The lady is just gorgeous

Is that old dude her father?
Oh No! Sounds like some guys have some "tracer" stains to clean up!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharveL View Post
LOL!

Jean-Luc comes to save the topic

I learned something today:

If you don't wanna use words, use a Starfleet captain.

Last edited by Azimech; 01-28-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

One thing that really impresses me in these up dates, is the sheer vastness of the visible distance, as seen in the landscape photos. I always felt that the true feeling of vast space was never properly simulated before. I guess that this will not be an issue anymore...

Thanks !!!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Old_Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Folks,

1. The beautiful girl in the picture is not a cheap marketing ploy. You've all seen her before in the Spitfire from Igromir. She's the girl you'll all be flying with.
PS. I'm the guy who hated the cheap love story tacked onto the 1969 film, but I love this particular angle of our sim. Trust me on this.

2. If you expect something new every week, you kind of maybe expect too much at this point. We're going to drown you in videos in the coming weeks. The development diaries Oleg introduced you to will absolutely flood you with info on every single aspect of the sim. They're just not ready today.

3. I still can't believe we're discussing tracers. I know it's our own fault for making them look like glowing sperm in the original and allowing you to get used to them. They're correct now. They're perfection. They're ideal. They'll never change. OK?
Ok.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Too funny SJ, I was thinking the same myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
To those of you who are totally astonished about this Friday's update. Here's a little trick to help you out. . .

1. Go to Google.

2. Click on Image Search.

3. Type in "Woman". (without quotations)

4. Voila! Pictures of women!

Next time there is a person of the female persuation in a Friday update you don't have to totally embarrass yourselves due to the shock of seeing one.

Edit: Luthier! Is that some DX11 style tessellation I'm seeing in your jeans just below the belt line?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Thanks Ilya for the group photo explanation, we will all be looking forward to flying with her.

The pics look great especially the 'ambush' scenario and thats what really did happen. The tracers also look perfect, trust me, I have seen the real thing many, many times.

Looking forward to your video releases, leading up to the main release, plus as much info as you can give us, especially on mission building.

I was very sad to here, then see pics of the Moscow airport bombing, sadly the whole world is prone to these cowardly attacks.

DFLion
Old 01-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Luthier, I pre-ordered the Collector'S Edition from Amazon.de, but then cancelled my order because I got in doubt whether it was a German-language edition. Can you tell me whether you already now have different language editions, or whether the one on Amazon.de will be wholly in English, as I want?

http://www.amazon.de/2-Sturmovik-Cli.../dp/B004JM5C62