Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

I was kind of upset with Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield Free2play, and the Modern Warfare series along with Black ops. I'm glad this game doesn't seem to be taking the U.S.A vs Russian Federation theme.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
I was kind of upset with Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield Free2play, and the Modern Warfare series along with Black ops. I'm glad this game doesn't seem to be taking the U.S.A vs Russian Federation theme.
you hope when a game comes out nobody will be offended and its made with current political events in mind .war is old men talking and young men dying someone said.lots of men talk on this forumn.fortunately no one's dying.

Last edited by hurricane; 11-10-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
You might like it Korsakov. It's not like your shooting at Russian soldiers, at least not in the demo. But I do see your point, it's kinda hard to build a game based on modern combat without getting modern politics involved. Perhaps that's one reason why WW2 games are so popular. I don't see how anyone, even modern Germans, can have an issue with shooting down an aircraft with a swastika painted on the side.
Actually, German politics and law is the reason why we can't have the swastika on the Luftwaffe planes in BoP or in any other game that is to be released in Germany. So kind of a bad example but I see your point too.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 11-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
makes me think of ace combat six were they seemed to try to write a story without a political theme.easier said then done i'm sure.
Ace Combat has its own world and politics which worked really well, anything could happen. Which is why imho its a mistake to take the new Ace Combat game into the real world.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

That reminds of I think Battlefield 1942. Instead of the Nazi swastika as the icon for the German forces, it is the German Empire flag, which is not banned in Germany. I hope the Taliban flag is in the game.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
That reminds of I think Battlefield 1942. Instead of the Nazi swastika as the icon for the German forces, it is the German Empire flag, which is not banned in Germany. I hope the Taliban flag is in the game.
Somehow I don't think the Taliban will be featuring in this game.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Actually, German politics and law is the reason why we can't have the swastika on the Luftwaffe planes in BoP or in any other game that is to be released in Germany. So kind of a bad example but I see your point too.
You're correct Pope. I just looked at several German planes in BoP and there's a black diamond shape painted where the swastika would be. Funny that I never noticed that before, but to be honest that is one symbol that I really don't miss though it might be fun to shoot at.

Have y'all tried playing The Sabateur? It's a mediocre title at best but it is kinda fun icing SS men wearing nazi armbands. I'm guessing they don't sell that game in Germany even though the German people have as much reason as anyone to hate the SS.

Last edited by flynlion; 11-10-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think the taliban flag is one we'd all like to shoot at.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Those might be the more modern ones, but the ones in Afghanistan were dirty, clogged with sand.
I would say that was more to do with the operating environment (and operating practices) of the time, then a general statement about Russian aircraft (in my opinion anyway).

There has also been a change in the maintenance trends for Russian helicopters between the 80's and now.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
they are in WOP