Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Approved Member

Do I smell another ban? XD
Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post

yeah I done figgered that out eventually but unfortunately everything else is so different that I can't use that layout online. Having a real rudder is important, but it turns out I need that fine throttle control more. Especially now that it's easier to disappear while your opponent has blackout vision. Also kept looking at the map when it was time to fire.
Im liking this layout the only thing that is really different is the throttle buttons and the rudder buttons. I didn't like my throttle staying at mid throttle. To each his own.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

my two cents:

i absolutely love this game. seriously, with the scoring fixed in MP and the blackout/redout, i was having so much fun tonight. AND! now i can have free look and the ability to land in sim! woo!

i don't know if it was just me, but some of the planes really seem to haul booty now. when i was flying the 190 d9, i couldn't believe how fast it seemed to be.

i had joss ackland's voice in the back of my head the whole time... "EPIC DOGFIGHTS!"

Last edited by irrelevant; 12-08-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

How does the Anton handle?

I'm hoping to get online at least once after school's out. I hope to duel some of the upgraded planes.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Do the planes still have to be either within 100 feet or beyond 5 miles to be visible?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Steven View Post
Do the planes still have to be either within 100 feet or beyond 5 miles to be visible?
Nope, this is fixed unless I am imagining things. Also, last night was excellent - never had so many players around at one time or such short waits for a session on sim.

Thnks Anton and crew - the game is now worthy of your efforts - will pat for the DLC tonight as promised
Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

great games tonight! handling is much better on P-51, blackouts do take this game to another level tho i didnt managed to totally phase out in prolonged high G turns , got the tunnel vision but never totally blacked out.
scoring is alot better too (maybe too much cause i got credited for a kill like 5 minutes after a landed the shots, crashed and respawnd)

just nice 2 see more action online
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Did anyone else get a huge smile on their face when they shot down a 109 with a P51 on realistic or sim earlier tonight? I'm not sure how many of you guys got the DLC, but the P-47 has been updated. It still flies like a fridge at certain altitudes, but down low its great...and fast as hell. And that's good, because the flak is deadly now, it adds a totally new level to the game. I've always thought this game was awesome, now its awesome x10. Great patch.

P.S. I've been playing single player all night, I've noticed your wingmen are good at their jobs now. They stay closer to you in formation and actually shoot down planes much quicker. I haven't noticed a difference in the enemy AI, but with the blackouts and redouts it gets pretty difficult to stay on an enemy's tail, more fun in my opinion.

Last edited by durangodoug; 12-08-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

indeed...

IL2 Sturmovik: Bird of Prey FTW!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

I read somewhere earlier in this thread that the deadzone for joystick is much better now.
Im on 360 and have the av8tr and the deadzone was horrible on 360. No whey you could finetune your aiming
Is it better now after the patch?