Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

how about a spitfire with a gyro sight from a p51 ?

for those that are a bit slow in following the bush fire that has now gone out of control, the original soundmod had just a few aspects changed (mainly the sound files, but some other things as well) and you could partiallu block its use with checksum 2, now LOTS of things have been changed since any 12yo with notepad can cut and paste bits of one aircraft config into another plane, so the options are limitless and you cant detect it is being used online.

just for those kiddies who cant deflection shot using a graded reticle as it was done historically, you can now have a MKII Gyro Gunsight For the Spitfire IX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpitWIP_07.jpg (56.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

leaving out quite a bit of historical facts on purpose from the original webpage aren't we now? Why doesn't that surprise me? You are so busted....

========================FACTS===================== ===
The P-51D/K introduced the K-14 computing gyro gunsight, based on a British (Ferranti) design http://home.att.net/~jbaugher1/p51_10.html

In the summer and autumn of 1944 four major improvements incorporated in Spitfire fighter variants at that time deserve special mention in this account. In order of thier entry into service they were: the installation of the gyro gunsight, the fitting of the 'E' Type wing and armament, the fitting of the bubble canopy, together with a redesigned and cut-back fuselage, and the installation of additional fuel tanks iin the rear fuselage. These Modifications greatly increased the fighting ability of the Spitfire.
: Late Mark Spitfire Aces 1942–45 - Alfred Price - Osprey puplishing
========================FACTS===================== ===

The Gyro gunsight;
In action the effectiveness of a fighter's cannon and machine guns depends on the pilot's ability to aim the rounds with sufficient accuracy to score hits on the target. During the mid-war period RAF fighters carried simple GM2 reflector gunsights. This provided an illuminated fixed aiming point in the centre of the reflector glas, surrounded by a fixed circle which helped the pilot judge the correct deflection angle when engaging a manouvering crossing target. In fact the ability to judge the deflection angle accurately in the heat of the battle was the main points that seperated the ace pilots from the also-rans. Early in the war it was realised that if an automatic device could be developed to indicate to the pilot the correct amount of deflection to use when firing during a turning combat, this would greatly enhance the effectiveness of the fighter force.
: Late Mark Spitfire Aces 1942–45 - Alfred Price - Osprey puplishing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_gunsight

Last edited by stalkervision; 12-19-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision View Post
leaving out quite a bit of historical facts on purpose from the original webpage aren't we now? Why doesn't that surprise me? You are so busted....
cant you even count to 10 using your own fingers ?

the problem with the unrestricted hacking in il2 is not about what people like to add or change, it is that suddenly you have 1 group flying online with the legitimate il2 specifications, and another group is on the same full real server but has added gun sight gyro's to planes that shouldnt have it, increased their visibility by removing the cockpit, added mirrors in planes that dont normally have them, increased dot sizes for distant aircraft etc..

you really still cant see that argument ?

so lets see how many fingers you need for this
1) if everybody uses the same legitimate il2 files to fly online, then there is a level playing field and no cheating
2) people can now with hacked files join full real servers and remain undetected, using completely altered game option settings (removing cockpits, adding plane sets that are not allowed etc..) and use plane sets with different features (adding mirrors, adding idiot proof gyro gun sights , ... etc)
3) nobody cares what the hack kiddies get up to late at night playing with eachother as long as they only do it in their own home, and dont harm any animals or other humans

you only needed 3 little steps to understand it so you only need one hand, and you can keep doing with the other hand what you have been doing all along so far
Old 12-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

.... bla, bla,bla..... insults when proven wrong .... so typical

Born to fly...forced to work!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_zo View Post
.... bla, bla,bla..... insults when proven wrong .... so typical
? proven wrong about what

if you dont understand what is posted in the thread, try not to participate in the conversation because you are making a fool of yourself. you only need to follow 2 little steps

1) if everybody uses the same legitimate il2 files to fly online in full real servers, then there is a level playing field and no cheating

2) if some people can now join full real servers with hacked files and remain undetected, and use completely altered game option settings (removing cockpits, adding plane sets that are not allowed etc..) and use plane sets with different features (adding mirrors, adding idiot proof gyro gun sights , ... etc) then you have one group who is cheating and gaining an unfair advantage

simple really, aint it ?

you only needed 2 fingers to follow that one, just like at Agincourt
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
? proven wrong about what

if you dont understand what is posted in the thread, try not to participate in the conversation because you are making a fool of yourself. you only need to follow 2 little steps

1) if everybody uses the same legitimate il2 files to fly online in full real servers, then there is a level playing field and no cheating

2) if some people can now join full real servers with hacked files and remain undetected, and use completely altered game option settings (removing cockpits, adding plane sets that are not allowed etc..) and use plane sets with different features (adding mirrors, adding idiot proof gyro gun sights , ... etc) then you have one group who is cheating and gaining an unfair advantage

simple really, aint it ?

you only needed 2 fingers to follow that one, just like at Agincourt
or...
1. everyone uses the same modded files, which gives things like the gyro gunsite to late mark spits, rear view mirrors to planes that did actually have them (seen many photos of mustangs with mirrors - ones like the spit, ones like you get on motorbikes etc), reskinned pits, better object visibility yadda yadda, and unadulterated fm/dm/wm. then you have the level playing field. surely there is some way to load the plane files server side so that everyone gets the same deal?
2. there has still been no proof posted (unless i missed it...) that the soundmod works in chkruntime=2 servers. someone install and use fraps to record modded files, and then logging into a chkruntime=2 server. not already being in server and using something they shouldn't have, that doesn't really prove the point of secure servers being vulnerable.

and for what it's worth my shooting is better without the gyro sights, so i wouldn't call them idiot proof.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo0n View Post
or...
1. everyone uses the same modded files, which gives things like the gyro gunsite to late mark spits, rear view mirrors to planes that did actually have them (seen many photos of mustangs with mirrors - ones like the spit, ones like you get on motorbikes etc), reskinned pits, better object visibility yadda yadda, and unadulterated fm/dm/wm. then you have the level playing field. surely there is some way to load the plane files server side so that everyone gets the same deal? .
err you now going to try and tell me there is one single person is controlling all the hacks that are out there, and that this same person is smart enough to produce a brand new anti hack lock that will put the geni back in the bottle ?

i havnt hear that type of optimism since the flower power days. it's a nice idea but it aint going to happen, we've entered the realm of the absurd there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo0n View Post
there has still been no proof posted (unless i missed it...) that the soundmod works in chkruntime=2 servers.
yes you missed it, dont expect people here to keep going 40 times over the same things. there is no controversy there.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

back the fishtruck up for a minute.

Lets see if i got this straight.

A sertain person with well known sentiments regarding this topic (pro modder) doesnt like where a sertain threadh is going or maby he knows its soon to be dead (Sound mod threadh) so the said person decides to start a new threadh (this one) where he ask (how polite) people to post proof, or how it actually is: to put up or shut up?

The said person then assumes the role of judge, jury (with the help of some trusted allies) and exicusioner, or moderator if u will (no offense intended towards real moderators) in examening and validating posted evidance. Nedless to say, nothing of the evidance posted (despite the surreal conditions under wich its done) is, in the end, valid. (what a shocker)

The well known pro modder puts up this "request" (how polite) here on 1C official forum as an added flavour?

Did i understand situation correctly?

Did we all move to the Twilight Zone and i missed the 1C announcement?

Maby someone went over the deep end......or lost theire marbels...or maby someone went over the deep end BECAUSE he lost his marbels?

BTW. Not intended as an insult...just a question, keep your eyes on the ?-mark. (to avoid future missunderstandings)

P.S. Zapatista, u know it, i know it, heck even some modders know it, problem is that we are using way to many bigg words trying to explain how it in facts is...it only confuses the situation. Sad but true.

Last edited by Baron; 12-19-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
err you now going to try and tell me there is one single person is controlling all the hacks that are out there, and that this same person is smart enough to produce a brand new anti hack lock that will put the geni back in the bottle ?

i havnt hear that type of optimism since the flower power days. it's a nice idea but it aint going to happen, we've entered the realm of the absurd there.

yes you missed it, dont expect people here to keep going 40 times over the same things. there is no controversy there.
ah missed this as well then -
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That is older than me!!! Man, that is just changing a certain .ini to read only after you have flown a Lerche.......... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Get with it dood. NO PROOF, just a TROLL, maybe a certain fishing person here?

DerAlte
so you mean the lerche thing... apparently not proof of cheating. so, no i did catch that. and all the youtube clips you showed. someone, if they are so adamant about the cheating and getting into chkruntim=2 servers, post a movie clip showing it exactly. until then this is stuff that could be done on an unprotected server, and could simply be down to paranoid ideation.
hell maybe it is optimistic, beats being a "sky is falling, we're all doomed". and christ, the average age of most people playing this sim should be enough to think that cheating someone is a hollow victory, not as satisfying as doing it on a level field, no? and of course i'm not so dense to think that one person is controlling it all. there are probably groups that could do it, the community itself if it wasn't so intent on eating itself for example. but noooo, far more productive to start a b*tchfest witch hunt after the event, than to see what can resolve it.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
back the fishtruck up for a minute.

Lets see if i got this straight.

A sertain person with well known sentiments regarding this topic (pro modder) doesnt like where a sertain threadh is going or maby he knows its soon to be dead (Sound mod threadh) so the said person decides to start a new threadh (this one) where he ask (how polite) people to post proof, or how it actually is: to put up or shut up.

The said person then assumes the role of judge, jury (with the help of some trusted allies) and exicusioner, or moderator if u will (no offense intended towards real moderators) in examening and validating posted evidance. Nedless to say, nothing of the evidance posted (despite the surreal conditions under wich its done) is, in the end, valid. (what a shocker)

The well known pro modder puts up this "request" (how polite) here on 1C official forum as an added flavour.

Did i understand situation correctly?

Did we all move to the Twilight Zone and i missed the 1C announcement?

Maby someone went over the deep end......or lost theire marbels...or maby someone went over the deep end BECAUSE he lost his marbels?

BTW. Not intended as an insult...just a question (to avoid future missunderstandings)

P.S. Zapatista, u know it, i know it, heck even some modders know it, problem is that we are using way to many bigg words trying to explain how it in facts is...it only confuses the situation. Sad but true.
with spelling like that, i think big words are way out of your league.
Closed Thread