Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Because his glass is always half empty, i'd say.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
Aaah ok and why are you thinking this?
Because they do not keep us informed!
(314.22 drivers)

16GB RAM DDR3
Track IR4
MSFFB2 Joystick
Win 8 64 Bit Home
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius View Post
Because they do not keep us informed!
Thas all? because they didn't keep us informed?
Well for me its more important to get patches which fix the things.
I dont need some pie in the sky from Luthier or anybody from 1c.
And patches we had and patches are still to come, so i cant really understand your oppinion, sorry.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

The last patch was two weeks ago so I would hardly call it "no support". Infact its far more support than we've seen from most other WW2 aircombat sims developers. Its still quite possible that support will be dropped if the bugs and missing features aren't sorted out by the next theater release. If things do get sorted then the sim will start earning its keep with the next five or so theaters etc.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Just to add my voice. It would be nice to have some more regular communication if you are reading Luthier.

we all hope the best for this sim, but it's getting increasingly hard to keep the faith.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather peeved View Post
Just to add my voice. It would be nice to have some more regular communication if you are reading Luthier.

we all hope the best for this sim, but it's getting increasingly hard to keep the faith.
I'm not sure faith is what you think it is. Jesus hasn't given us an upadate in 2011 years!

Cheers
Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
Because his glass is always half empty, i'd say.
Know the difference between a pessimist and an optimist?
A pessimist thinks things can't be any worse - an optimist knows they can.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Know the difference between a pessimist and an optimist?
A pessimist thinks things can't be any worse - an optimist knows they can.
What was fixed and what broke the last patch? the horizontal blue lines are back, they were there in the beta and they kept it in the official patch, why? impossible to fix? and what about the FPS? worse and worse every patch... colors toned and sound fixed (it's still beta as said by Ilya). Many here said this would be the "definitive patch", but this proved they were wrong (most fanboys said we were only whining and moaning and that the patch already released would improve the game) that's not for me sorry... the game is getting worse, and my glass is not half empty... is almost empty.
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370
Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I'm not sure faith is what you think it is. Jesus hasn't given us an upadate in 2011 years!

Cheers

Now that's funny... I don't care who you are!!!
Thanks Skoshi Tiger...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Default List of fixes

Hi Folks,

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be whining or anythig. It's just that CloD has been gathering dust on my shelf for a while after the unplayable release. Now it's kinda playable but there's a long way to go. I'm too lazy to read through 100s of threads, so would anyone please tell me what the status is of the following problems? Are they working on it? Is there a fix already that I missed?

i7-920, GTX470 (newest drivers), 6G RAM, Win7 64 here.

Performance:
- I get a decent FPS, 30 on the ground, and 50 up high, that's plenty enough. But:
- wheel dust, and mg hit smoke puffs give me a massive FPS drop. (from 35 to 5)
- When flying low, the "movement" of trees and houses is stuttery, jerky, not smooth at all (I have trees and buildings on medium, building detail = very low)
-The trees and shadows shimmer like hell. They vibrate and give me a headache.
- Anti Aliasing - it doesn't work. I've tried to force it in the Nvidia CP, or leave it to app controlled, nothing. The edges are jaggy and they shimmer like the aforementioned trees.
- Control surfaces and cockpit controls move at 3 FPS. Very disillusioning.
- What happened to the cool new terrain of the beta patch? I installed the official one and it's back to the cartoon world.
- Clouds: no overcast weather ,jsut a few old il2 cotton candy puffs, still they're a big FPS hit. why?
- Why is it so utterly impossible to spot other planes? This is a first, and I've been playing sims for 15 years.

FM
- A "start with warm engine" option would be nice. It's annoying to sit there for 3 minutes to warm up your engine. It's not historical either, I believe.
-Force feedback coems and goes, for instance when you fire your mg-s in a 109 you lose stick forces. It happens randomly in Spits.
- FFB is not very detailed either, it's OK in the air, but when you roll you feel no vibration whatsoever, no feeling that you're rolling, but a few jerks and that's all. IT's far fro mbeing up to today's standards (or even yesterday's)
- What's with wind vs. rudder? In 109s you can't even turn on the ground, or counter the effect of the wind with full rudder. You spawn and start turning no matter what. So unrealistic..
- You can't collide with trees?! Some people use that as a defensive maneuver online, they hide in the bushes. Joking, right?

AI
- It's a disaster. They either fly straight like sitting ducks or the start a long series of rolls or scissors at the rate of an F16 or a UFO.
- Radio comms don't work, the whole Biggin Hill wing crashes in formation when I land, no matter what I tell them to do.
-Radio chatter is inaudible and crappy. More artificial than in games released before 2000.

With such a long list of glaring bugs I don't see any feedback fro mthe devs, all I see is about 3D support. (why not detailed seagulls? )

Rant over. Thanks in advance for the info, and the tips and hints.

Greg

PS: I'm really gald they gave us a CSP Spit Mk1 and a 109 E-4 though!

Last edited by reflected; 11-02-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Closed Thread