Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_crash View Post
Hi All,

Thought Id finally post instead of just watching...I am very confused as to where the screen shots you are all discussing actually are? where do I see the updates for SOW?
Im just being a n00b......its sticky'd and I just didnt look hard enough
Old 12-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
???...are people really asking for exploding drop tanks? ...good grief

Why so surprise? Everybody here see movies, and in movies drop tanks explodes, so it must be true and want to see the same thing on this sim, since its "realistic"
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
Would be interesting to see this modeled fully - including possibility of it not exploding. Will be nice to use as napalm
Good ideia. I would like to use it as napalm too... Napalm rulez! Just joking!

Last edited by Ernst; 12-08-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_crash View Post
Hi All,

Thought Id finally post instead of just watching...I am very confused as to where the screen shots you are all discussing actually are? where do I see the updates for SOW?
Look inside the sticky post "Oleg Maddox news".

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040

Regards,
Insuber
Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Are we talking about the drop tank literally exploding in a fire ball or just breaking apart on contact ("exploding" in a sense) and spraying fuel everywhere, no fire ball?
________
SHIP SALE

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Hi oleg and teamwork guys!!

Again this screen shoots are awesome images. The ships detail level from
spit are amazing. Of course, again, great work.

Only a request: the next update could put a plane seen from other plane (like a 110 seen from spit or hurri cockpits, or spit or hurri seen from 109cockpit at various distances)?

About AMBULANCES and FIRE TRUCK: i read all the question and answers but i dont find it. Do you have provide put in the sim? (when press ground control keys could you, perhaps, must order send it toward the runway, in case of fire or when the pilot is hurt).

Thx
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
We all want great looking water, especially when we are down low.
I just hope we'll not get nVidia-only features again. And I don't want ATi-only features, too .

But it looks really great. Can't wait for some 110 cockpit shots.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

When I was posting the question, I meant when I drop tank into fire or hot area.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
People aren't really thinking of business here: the more options, the better (for the game and for sales). It was the same on that dicussion about pilot in-cockpit (I know it won't happen, but it can be used to demonstrate the ideology): if you can make two options to please two different groups, do it. Just because it doesn't please YOU it doesn't mean that the idea is stupid and useless. Someone will use it (otherwise they wouldn't be requesting and discussing the subject).
Right. I might also suggest something regarding the "wonder woman view". It would be great if there would be split options. One option that allows the use of simple gauges and another that allows rotating through normal cockpit, half transparent cockpit, no cockpit and "guncam view". The simple gauges could show lots of information. It should be possible to see all information that you normally could read in the cockpit gauges.
I think Rise of Flight has pretty good simple gauges.

I love the red limit thing in the RPM gauge. Getting in there can seize the engine. The cool thing about it: The limit changes depending on the engine temperature. Actually you can see what the max RPM is for a cold engine for example. You actually have to warm it up. The compass also shows the wind direction, if there's wind. The small gauge in the upper row center just shows the radiator flap position, throttle and mixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Nice idea, that would be a great training tool to understand aces' techniques ... but what about privacy ? (kidding of course)

It could be a selectable option of the server "view from others' cockpits", why not ?
Something like Ctrl+F2, just with F1
Asked for that ages ago. Would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
There is minimal dots 2x2 pixels in Il-2. They are always the same minmal size doesn't matter which resolution using players as well as they disapearing also on one the same distance with any resolution.
That makes the problem. Higher resolution = the pixels are smaller and therefore harder to see. I kept flying at 1024x768 for that reason, online and offline. Until Vista 64 forced me to use my desktop resolution as there's absolutely no fix for the good old 60Hz bug in x64. At least for Il-2 (=OpenGL it just won't work, other DX games are fine). And I have a hard time spotting things now with just 1280x960. 1600x1200 makes me virtually blind.
And I think the dots are just 1x2 pixels (mostly one dark and one bright next to each other). Was a 2x2 black dot back in the old Il-2 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Drop tanks explode? Ah...
Normally they shouldn't. But under certain circumstances yes. When I drop a half-full tank and some bombs at the same time (and the don't get separated too much on their way down), the bomb explosion should make the fuel burn/explode, increasing the power of destruction. The same goes for shooting incendiaries or HE shells into the tank when it's still on the plane.

Last edited by Eldur; 12-10-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

It's a much more fulfilling experience to learn to read gauges and pilot an airplane based on the viewpoint a pilot actually has, external and no-cockpit views is already noob enough. The idea to have certain levels of realism and training to advance the skill level of less experienced pilots is the right way to go. Make it too many arcade options then you just make it too easy for those who simply don't want to learn and spend too much time catering to the arcade crowd rather than focusing on actual simulation.