Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:34 AM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
Why doesn't this make sense to me?
Translation for non-English speakers or the dense. . .

If you have to ask if a post is not appropriate THEN the odds are it is in fact INAPPROPRIATE!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
If you are asking, you probably already know the answer.

For 7 years I´ve been a IL2 fan since Forgotten Battles until IL2 1946 MOD and I always supported the incoming SOW:BOB/ Cliffs of Dover and waited 5 years to get it and just pre-ordered a Collector´s Edition and payed 70 euros for it.

I rarely post in this forum and now when I just made, in a corteous way, an important suggestion to Oleg, to have a better and more autentic scenery for this amazing new sim, somebody like you, with bad and provocative manners, question my post.

Perhaps other people are real whinners and you had enough of their whinnerie and you might be right to be pissed of, but don´t trow it at me, mister, trow it at them, right?

All the best,
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Approved Member

yeah, landscapes still arent living up to expectations from the screenies I've seen thus far. For numerous reasons, just haven't gotten that wow reaction I usually get from a game with superb graphics
Old 01-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Default Scenery critics show us how it's done

I think the scenery posted is great, and the amount of research thats gone into the authenticity of all aspects of visuals is amazing, aircraft, atmospherics, ground buildings and equipment-- terrain, especially considering the size of the development team. The only thing I see missing are vehicles and people on the ground, especially as seen from the air. But those who criticize please post some samples from other sims showing how they are so much better --maybe side by side of similier scenes so we can see what BOB should be aiming for.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
People in russia just seem to have no idea of marketing.

I'm sure there are quite a lot of people, especially new to this series or genre, who see those low quality, medieval screenshots, and decide not to buy it, because it really looks not 2007...2010, no way 2011.

These guys are gone then. No money from them.
They won't probably ever take a look at this again.

Conclusion: Holding back stuff is sth. for christmas, but not for serious business.

Ah, Oleg doesn't need the money, he has the new job. Then he really doesn't need to care about how the game sells.

You could be more of a class one ass, but I doubt it.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Hi Oleg,

i am a big fan of you and the dev team, since IL2 hit the shelves. Thank you very much for this new sim i waited so long. Thanks. Sure, i have preorderd the Collectors Edition. Great.

PS: Go on with your great work.

LC
Old 01-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad G View Post
For 7 years I´ve been a IL2 fan since Forgotten Battles until IL2 1946 MOD and I always supported the incoming SOW:BOB/ Cliffs of Dover and waited 5 years to get it and just pre-ordered a Collector´s Edition and payed 70 euros for it.

I rarely post in this forum and now when I just made, in a corteous way, an important suggestion to Oleg, to have a better and more autentic scenery for this amazing new sim, somebody like you, with bad and provocative manners, question my post.

Perhaps other people are real whinners and you had enough of their whinnerie and you might be right to be pissed of, but don´t trow it at me, mister, trow it at them, right?

All the best,
You have been in the netherlands for quite awhile. You should engage the box above "Search" or just go back and review previous update threads.

Sorry, but Oleg has been answering and responding on these threads for months. I'm sure you'll also find he has probably answered alot of your other questions you haven't brought yourself to ask yet.

We were discussing scenery issues months ago, and we've had some very competent discussions.

It is always a respectful thing to do when you make postings on a forums where you haven't been... to run the search and spend some time reading postings before you shoot your own foot.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad G View Post
Dear Oleg

Many thanks for the cooming soon Cliffs of Dover which I´ve already pre ordered a copy of the Collector´s Edition.

However, as the title indicates, the Cliffs of Dover DON´T HAVE TREES ON THE BEACHEs just gravel, sand and seaweed, so I think that´s a must to be corrected.

Also, as you can see in the photo, there are no trees as well nearby on top of the cliffs just, grass and some shrubs and as CoD happened in mid-late summer of 1940, you can notice the different tone of the green colors and what we´ve seen in photos and videos of CoD by so far, is more springtime colors than summertime. So, these colors are a must to be corrected too.

Sorry for these observations but me like everybody else who loves your sim want it to be accureted as possible.

Best regards,

Mad G
I remember someone talking about this some months ago and from what I remember there WHERE trees up on the cliffs in 1940 which someone that lived there back then confirmed. I cant find the thread unfortunately...

Well, found it after looking through a looong thread

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=146
Old 01-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

The majority of people who are interested in purchasing flight Sims are generally and already involved in the flight-sim "community". Marketing for this niche of a genre is unique from that of a mainstream style game.

When someone becomes interested in flight-simulations, they will likely do research and end up here, as IL-2 is widely considered the best of the best in its class. It must be understood that most people aren't interested or haven't the patience for historical simulations, so this title cannot be expected to be so robustly advertised.

Because of its specificity and distinction as a genre; most potential customers will find Cliffs of Dover and it will be successful. Not to mention the fact that the developers plan for the game's lifespan to last around a decade into the future.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

the RAF Round are still orange, are they an historical signification for not using red?
or the sources are old picture and the red transform to orange with the time???

Oleg you should explain us why they are orange for some plane ( in il2 1946 it's red...)